By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else felt underwhelmed with the FF XVI reveal?

It looks like in FF16 you can actually be part of the story, that's a step up!

Around the Network

Its made by the same team who made FFXIV. It'll be good.

Graphics however... is another story.

hinch said:

Partly the graphics look very fine.

Character models seem a bit bland but that aint a big problem for me, it looks like it has been in development for a while.

Actually, I got some huge FF XIV vibes in the game.

Immersiveunreality said:
hinch said:

Character models seem a bit bland but that aint a big problem for me, it looks like it has been in development for a while.

Yeah maybe its the art direction that's throwing me off. I mean, I was impressed with the FFVII character models. Will have to rewatch lol

Around the Network
hinch said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Yeah maybe its the art direction that's throwing me off. I mean, I was impressed with the FFVII character models. Will have to rewatch lol

It's a lot to take in because it is so different, have rewatched it a few times myself and got more optimistic.

Animation in gameplay is awesome imo, fighting looks like a mix of ff7 remake,ff15,dark souls? Anyway i'm very curious and hopefull cause this is the first game of the main series in a long time that is out of the fabula nova crystallis grasp.

Edit: Also i would have liked it to not be exclusive.

Yea I dont know what people are complaining. Looked great to me. Mainly the combat. VIIR was terrible combat wise. Might look better if thats what you want but this is a definet step up for the combat wich is what I mostly care for. Story we know nothing yet aside that it has horrible British voice actors and hope that changes in the future.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Actually, I got some huge FF XIV vibes in the game.

Makes sense, since it's the same team developing it. And Yoshi-P is directing it, the man responsible for ARR.

The more I watch the trailer the more I enjoy it. So I guess it's just a matter of getting used to the old school medieval environments instead of expecting the crazy environmental madness from FFXV or FFXIII trailers that weren't even remotely playable in the end.

This game looks so meh.  The gameplay looks like FF15 gameplay.  I was hoping FF would go back to controlling a party.  That alone is a deal breaker for me.  On top of that this trailer really didn't show anything else that was interesting.  Characters?  Don't care.  Story?  Don't care.  World?  Don't care.  Graphics?  Meh.

For a long time Final Fantasy was my favorite series.  I loved it starting with the very first NES game, and it became my favorite series with FF7.  I used to play every single game.  I even beat FF8 even though I despised the combat system.  It's just that I loved the series so much that I wanted to fully experience every game, even the frustrating ones like FF8.  And FF8 actually did have an interesting story and characters.  And even when they made mistakes, I felt the developers were trying to make the very best games possible.

At this point, I'm through with Final Fantasy though.  Fuck this game.  I'm tired of this same sort of shitty combat.  And the story and characters and world just look meh.  Make me care again dammit!  I really hope this game makes Square-Enix lose a ton of money.  They need to suffer, so they will go back to making good games again.  I'm tired of this bullshit.

kirby007 said:
vivster said:
I was already getting my hopes up when rumors came up about an actual fantasy setting similar to FFIX. Guess I shouldn't have expected anything. It doesn't look worse than the pile of shit FFXV was, but it doesn't really look much better. I called FFXV early to be absolute garbage and I was right. So yeah, I'm calling this one early too.

Where is my whimsical and magical Final Fantasy? What's with all that gritty angsty bullshit? I didn't ask for fucking Game of Thrones. The next gen is already off to a disappointing start. FFXVI was my last hope to have something to look forward to.

its called dragon quest

Nope. Bravely Default.  SE actually flat out said that BD was for fans of classic Final Fantasy. There has been an alternative but yet still whining, still waiting for FF to go back.

Not happening.