By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else felt underwhelmed with the FF XVI reveal?

Xxain said:
kirby007 said:

its called dragon quest

Nope. Bravely Default.  SE actually flat out said that BD was for fans of classic Final Fantasy. There has been an alternative but yet still whining, still waiting for FF to go back.

Not happening.

I would whine too given how average the Bravely Default games are.

Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:
Xxain said:

Nope. Bravely Default.  SE actually flat out said that BD was for fans of classic Final Fantasy. There has been an alternative but yet still whining, still waiting for FF to go back.

Not happening.

I would whine too given how average the Bravely Default games are.

True.

It could be the best FF ever and they'd still bitch and whine because its not turn based. Soooooo, I assume the opposite is true. As long as its turnbased but avaerage everywhere else, that should be enough to appease them.

DonFerrari said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Have you played FF15?  Gameplay is like Kingdom Hearts.  You control one guy are the rest follow AI.

I don't want FF gameplay that is like Kingdom Hearts.  In the earlier games you controlled a whole party.

I played and finished, you still can rotate among the other chars and can also select actions for them.

He means that you cant control everything your party does, you still leave alot up to the AI.

Its not nearly the same thing.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
DonFerrari said:

I played and finished, you still can rotate among the other chars and can also select actions for them.

He means that you cant control everything your party does, you still leave alot up to the AI.

Still you control the party, sure I can understand his point of full control. But FFVIIR launched after FFXV and you control 100% your party and even if we ignore the full turn based only being available on classic (easy) on hard you are in fact doing turn based, just don`t have time to think and be selecting, you control the real actions of your party and really need to do your choices well to win the fights. So it isn`t like the series was away from controlling the party for him to ask it back.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Bubblegamer:
It looked great to me. I never played FF15, but this one looks like devil may cry inspired it or something!

That's because Ryota Suzuki (Devil May Cry 5 and Dragon's Dogma) joined SE recently as a battle director for this game :P

Gameplay is going to be tight alright. And done by a team I have faith in, can't wait for this one.

Edit: quoted wrong person lol

Last edited by hinch - on 16 September 2020

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Nautilus said:

Still you control the party, sure I can understand his point of full control. But FFVIIR launched after FFXV and you control 100% your party and even if we ignore the full turn based only being available on classic (easy) on hard you are in fact doing turn based, just don`t have time to think and be selecting, you control the real actions of your party and really need to do your choices well to win the fights. So it isn`t like the series was away from controlling the party for him to ask it back.

You don't Don. You don't control them 100%. I know you dont like to give up on your arguments, but you simply dont control them like past FFs.

Mind you, it isn't necessarily bad. FF 7 Remake is a masterpiece in basically everything, but you dont control 100% the party(though I love that system), be it in FF 7 Remake or FF XV.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Trailer in Japanese for you weebs out there.

Nautilus said:
DonFerrari said:

You don't Don. You don't control them 100%. I know you dont like to give up on your arguments, but you simply dont control them like past FFs.

Mind you, it isn't necessarily bad. FF 7 Remake is a masterpiece in basically everything, but you dont control 100% the party(though I love that system), be it in FF 7 Remake or FF XV.

In the classic mode you control 100% and even on the hard you don`t control the regular attacks, but well you really need to control them with inputs that outpace turn based number of inputs because you really need to choose the actions.

But well after you learn to setup FF XII is better to use on most times.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I really do not like where the series has been going in these past installments. After 12 it went all downhill...

I'm playing through IX right now and I find fascinating that that game and this new XVI thing are from the same series. Completely different tones, that's the beauty of Final Fantasy.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.