By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Anyone else felt underwhelmed with the FF XVI reveal?

Just glad it has no sci fi. Art is bland. SE a while ago did hire the combat guy from DMCV so maybe this combat will be good.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

M-rated Final Fantasy was a looong time coming, so I'm not concerned or bothered about that.

Edit - rewatching it without shitty YT live compression makes it look better too.

I thought it looked intriguing. I'm not going to judge a game based on its reveal trailer, when things like graphics, setting, storyline, characters, and everything else is pretty much a mystery right now. Might want to give it some more time.

Can I just say as an American I really prefer American dubbing compared to english dubbing. Sucks we arent getting it

So you made a thread of your own comment on the event thread =p
I can only talk about myself. But I was very pleased with the event.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Was underwhelmed mainly because of how the trailer went, art direction is some what bland which for FF is odd because normally they have some interesting art direction but it's also that the trailer felt a bit jumbled up like they were unsure what to show.

The main problem however is whether they'll take 4 to 5 years from now to get the game out and whether it'll be like what was shown tbh.

Absolutely, because it's full fantasy. Buuuuut all people who need their crow please be available when I get home

konnichiwa said:
Hynad said:

The game is still developed by the team that made XIV.

Did you play XIV? 

No reason to be concerned yet.

Except for the part that FFXIV needed to be killed off to be...well reborn again..

Except for the part Naoki Yoshida, producer FF XIV ARR and its expansions and now at the helm of FF XVI, wasn’t the producer of the original FF XIV.

Final Fantasy has never been full fantasy; it has had Sci fi elements. Game does look a little bland they still have lots of time to amaze us.

Doesn't really matter, we won't be able to play it until PS6 anyways.

The trailer was okay, but the single party member is disappointing. As much as I like my 3rd person action single player games, FF has always been about a decent sized party doing things.