By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

Logged in to my local storefront and will have it tabbed during the show for if and when preorders go live. Expecting $400 and $500 price points. Will likely spring for the BD version; even though I'm nearly all digital these days the extra utility and peace of mind are nice.

Only gameplay I'm really expecting to see is Spider-Man. May get some from Demon's Souls or Astro too. Not expecting any from Horizon but it would be a nice treat. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Around the Network

Took Wednesday off. My body is ready!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Runa216 said:

The way they're explaining the PS5 is that, while it lacks the raw processing power of the Xbone, it performs on par or better due to the SSD. Plus the brand recognition matters. I could see Sony being more expensive than Microsoft this gen but getting away with it. 

Xbox One more powerful than ps5 confirmed.

Just popped in to say I hope you guys enjoy the show. I might watch it too, idk yet.

I’ll definitely be tuning in, I feel like they’re gunna bring the heat 🔥4PM eastern? *ice will remember that*

Dallinor said:

You've already confused the meaning of the term 'world premiere' in this very thread.

I couldn't possibly prove my point more clearly.

the term became even more useless when some show (was it 'the game awards'?) took it to mean "this is the first time this trailer (for long announced game/expansion/dlc x) is shown" ...  so every damn trailer got to be a 'world premiere'

halil23 said:
Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5

they certainly won't, PSVR2 is a topic for 2021 and not for now - maybe they'll drop a line or two about PSVR1 support on PS5, but that'll be it imo

Last edited by Lafiel - on 16 September 2020

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Runa216 said:

The way they're explaining the PS5 is that, while it lacks the raw processing power of the Xbone, it performs on par or better due to the SSD. Plus the brand recognition matters. I could see Sony being more expensive than Microsoft this gen but getting away with it. 

Xbox One more powerful than ps5 confirmed.

Just popped in to say I hope you guys enjoy the show. I might watch it too, idk yet.

Ah shit! I keep getting the Series X and One X confused. Moronic naming conventions. You know what I meant! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Lafiel said:
Dallinor said:

You've already confused the meaning of the term 'world premiere' in this very thread.

I couldn't possibly prove my point more clearly.

the term became even more useless when some show (was it 'the game awards'?) took it to mean "this is the first time this trailer (for long announced game/expansion/dlc x) is shown" ...  so every damn trailer got to be a 'world premiere'

halil23 said:
Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5

they certainly won't, PSVR2 is a topic for 2021 and not for now - maybe they'll drop a line or two about PSVR1 support on PS5, but that'll be it imo

Yes the term world premiere and several of the terms that try to say exclusive became such a moronic thing that is laugh material at best.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

In his defense, PS guys go to his Xbox threads all the time and harass him. It got so bad the mods here needed to implement new rules about being harsh to Xbox people and protecting the Xbox community because they were ostracized for being like Sales2099 or whatever his name is. So yeah, I don't begrudge him. He's not bad people, he's just very, VERY preferential towards his preferred brand. 

No idea why we can't use the term 'fanboy' around here. It's an apt description. like 80% of the users on this forum are fanboys or fangirls in some way. it's not a derogatory term. Everyone has a preferred console just like some people have preferred fake gods or preferred sports teams. That's just my take, though. 

The problem on that is that yes Xbox fans became protected beings while allowed to do the same behavior against Sony or Nintendo that is forbidden on their threads.

Not aware of Xbox fans having anything against Nintendo fans, they good ppl. You guys more in number and winning the console rivalry so Id count your blessings :)

Soooo when’s this event happening? 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

The problem on that is that yes Xbox fans became protected beings while allowed to do the same behavior against Sony or Nintendo that is forbidden on their threads.

Not aware of Xbox fans having anything against Nintendo fans, they good ppl. You guys more in number and winning the console rivalry so Id count your blessings :)

Soooo when’s this event happening? 

Actually VGC have more Nintendo posters than Sony. But the way you say you have something against Sony then.

The event will happen in about 4h.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

2 hours and 15 minutes left or 3 hours and 15 minutes? Anyone know?