Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

Runa216 said:

The way they're explaining the PS5 is that, while it lacks the raw processing power of the Xbone, it performs on par or better due to the SSD. Plus the brand recognition matters. I could see Sony being more expensive than Microsoft this gen but getting away with it. 

Xbox One more powerful than ps5 confirmed.

Just popped in to say I hope you guys enjoy the show. I might watch it too, idk yet.



Around the Network

I’ll definitely be tuning in, I feel like they’re gunna bring the heat 🔥4PM eastern? *ice will remember that*



hinch said:

@sales Dude who cares.. this is a PS event thread not Xbox.

Yep, way to go off topic. Pathetic how he get away with it when he does it all the time...



dane007 said:
Can't wait as well. Hope it cost less as its a weaker console. Pricing the same price with a competitot that has a stronger hardware won't go well

Quick question. Seeing that you're playing KI, a launch game. Did you buy xbox during launch?



Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5



Around the Network
Dallinor said:

You've already confused the meaning of the term 'world premiere' in this very thread.

I couldn't possibly prove my point more clearly.

the term became even more useless when some show (was it 'the game awards'?) took it to mean "this is the first time this trailer (for long announced game/expansion/dlc x) is shown" ...  so every damn trailer got to be a 'world premiere'

halil23 said:
Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5

they certainly won't, PSVR2 is a topic for 2021 and not for now - maybe they'll drop a line or two about PSVR1 support on PS5, but that'll be it imo

Last edited by Lafiel - 5 days ago

Lafiel said:
halil23 said:
Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5

they certainly won't, PSVR2 is a topic for 2021 and not for now - maybe they'll drop a line or two about PSVR1 support on PS5, but that'll be it imo

True, I think they show/talk about PSVR2 around next E3. But I'm hoping for a little teaser or something



10 hours to go!



ironmanDX said:
Runa216 said:

The way they're explaining the PS5 is that, while it lacks the raw processing power of the Xbone, it performs on par or better due to the SSD. Plus the brand recognition matters. I could see Sony being more expensive than Microsoft this gen but getting away with it. 

Xbox One more powerful than ps5 confirmed.

Just popped in to say I hope you guys enjoy the show. I might watch it too, idk yet.

Ah shit! I keep getting the Series X and One X confused. Moronic naming conventions. You know what I meant! 



Lafiel said:
Dallinor said:

You've already confused the meaning of the term 'world premiere' in this very thread.

I couldn't possibly prove my point more clearly.

the term became even more useless when some show (was it 'the game awards'?) took it to mean "this is the first time this trailer (for long announced game/expansion/dlc x) is shown" ...  so every damn trailer got to be a 'world premiere'

halil23 said:
Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5

they certainly won't, PSVR2 is a topic for 2021 and not for now - maybe they'll drop a line or two about PSVR1 support on PS5, but that'll be it imo

Yes the term world premiere and several of the terms that try to say exclusive became such a moronic thing that is laugh material at best.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994