By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

halil23 said:
Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5

Hoping so too. I think about buying PSVR almost daily, but at this point, pretty much have to wait for a price cut and/or information on PSVR 2. I feel my paranoia that it will get a price cut shortly after I buy it is well founded.

Would have had it years ago if things in my life were more stable, but circumstances dictated that waiting was for the best.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

Not aware of Xbox fans having anything against Nintendo fans, they good ppl. You guys more in number and winning the console rivalry so Id count your blessings :)

Soooo when’s this event happening? 

See, it's stuff like this that make me so frustrated. Why do you treat this like a rivalry? It's comments like this from you (And others, you aren't the only one) That make it very difficult to discuss, compare, and contrast the pros and cons of each console and parent company without making every critique sound like a personal insult. This is exactly WHY they needed to make a safe space for Xbox Peeps on this forum and banned people like me from certain threads for being too critical. 

You're not a bad person for liking Xbox. Plenty of people like Xbox. There are some good things about Xbox. You seem like a genuinely good person to me, as you're far more patient than most 'fanboys' I know and are far more graceful with it. I actually do like you, I want you to know that. I respect you as a person...

...But your supporting arguments and mental gymnastics to justify it are just bad. Like, they're absolutely terrible. They make no sense. they're riddled with every logical fallacy you can imagine and immensely hypocritical and disconnected from reality. I have a hard time conversing with you and a handful of others because the arguments you and other Xbox people use don't really make any sense and are easily debunked or outright terrible yet people keep using them. 

Did you know that, on youtube, I had someone argue with me saying that Microsoft's lack of exclusives - be they console or true exclusives - is actually GOOD for microsoft and that they're literally leading the charge into a better future? Their reasoning? Exclusives are bad, and they're bad for the consumer, so Microsoft is better because they aren't interested and only make Halo/Gears/Forza because they have to because sony Forced them. This argument completely ignores every bit of logic, every bit of reason, every facet of economics, and every point proven over the past eternity about competing brands and the entirety of video game history. Like, there's a tiny grain of truth to it if you're the kind of person who hates exclusives or think the idea of exclusives is bad, but you're still wrong. Exclusives are what drive innovation. Exclusives are what keep companies from having a monopoly. Exclusives are what bring all the boys to the yard and Sony's like, are better than Microsoft's. 

The arguments you and many others try bringing to the table are false, misleading, or so twisty it's actually kind of hilarious. If the claims you made about GamePass and Backwards Compatibilty and raw power were correct, then Xbox would be doing better. If people cared, they'd be buying. But they're not. 

Historical trends are a thing that need to be considered, and many of the arguments Xbox diehards tend to regurgitate don't do this. You're allowed to like what you wanna like, but the idea that on this website Xbox Fans get special consideration because their console kinda sucks and they're clinging to a sinking ship is just...it's bad. It's really bad.

I really like sales. He is very open and forward with his preference and that he will do his best to put xbox on a better light and sony on a worse one. He banter me and I banter him and are friendly. You won`t see pretending from him.

And I bet he will watch the show and probably even like it.

And we are just 2h30min away from releasing.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

COKTOE said:
halil23 said:
Hoping Sony gives info on what their plan with PSVR2, hope they continue to invest in VR and that the new Astro Bot will be playable in VR later on.
I'm predicting PSVR2 will launch 2021 holidays, that when I'll be getting the beastly PS5

Hoping so too. I think about buying PSVR almost daily, but at this point, pretty much have to wait for a price cut and/or information on PSVR 2. I feel my paranoia that it will get a price cut shortly after I buy it is well founded.

Would have had it years ago if things in my life were more stable, but circumstances dictated that waiting was for the best.

No luck finding a good second hand psvr?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I want to know the price and more about backward compatibility.

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

Haven't looked for second hand actually. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I don't buy second hand hardware. Or software for that matter. Especially hardware that people wear on their faces. 🙂 I have thought about buying another backup (4th)  PS3 that is a second hand refurbished model, but that's a bit different.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
DonFerrari said:

Haven't looked for second hand actually. I don't want to sound like a snob, but I don't buy second hand hardware. Or software for that matter. Especially hardware that people wear on their faces. 🙂 I have thought about buying another backup (4th)  PS3 that is a second hand refurbished model, but that's a bit different.

That isn`t snob, just that you have your quirks over what you want to buy and perhaps saving 100USD doesn`t make sense for you.

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

I really like sales. He is very open and forward with his preference and that he will do his best to put xbox on a better light and sony on a worse one. He banter me and I banter him and are friendly. You won`t see pretending from him.

I will say Sony has a sense of showmanship that MS can take a few notes from. Let’s see what they got today 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

I will say Sony has a sense of showmanship that MS can take a few notes from. 

Well even though not my cup of tea the E3 presentation from MS have been applauded on the last 3 years or so didn`t it?

@twintail will you update OP with the games as they are show?

I`ll try to post my opinion of each title show. And may as well try to grab the youtube videos of each one when they are made available and perhaps a small description of the game.

An hour away from the big PSVR/PSVR 2 blowout!

COKTOE said:
An hour away from the big PSVR/PSVR 2 blowout!

I know people already told you, and I think Sony said they won`t have PSVR2 this next year (because two expensive HW launched together probably won`t go well), but I would be happy to see it as well.