By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Levels Where it Rains?

I really like the levels where it rains in Super Mario 3D World. The rain drops trickling down on the screen adds a lot.

Around the Network

This part from Uncharted 4.

Last edited by Mr_No - on 09 September 2020

City of Tears from Hollow Knight. 
The music there is very soothing. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 09 September 2020

Burmecia from Final Fantasy IX comes to mind. I really like the atmosphere in the city.

The entire game

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

SW-5120-1900-6153

I'd go for Metal Gear Solid 2, GZ/5 and Dying Light.

Dying Light especially gives off good horror vibes, coupled with lightning flashes, it makes night time exploration a nightmare.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Batman Arkham Knight

It's technically only the first third or so of the level, but Wily Castle 1 from Mega Man 10.

As a pluviophile (One who loves the rain) I really like that atmosphere that it brings to games.

Some of my favourite examples (not all of them can strictly be called "levels") include Gears of War 1, (holy shit this scene looked insanely good at the time) Breath of the Wild, Tallon IV in Metroid Prime, Torvus Bog in Prime 2,  Click Clock Wood in Banjo Kazooie, Sawmill Thrill in Tropical Freeze, Resident Evil 4, Ocarina of Time, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past.