By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Direct

MasonADC said:
Just Preordered. Atleast a 15 day wait isn’t that bad

That's incredible tbh. I'm waiting to preorder physical and it's driving me crazy because no stores have it listed yet. I'm honestly surprised they haven't pushed it onto their storefronts yet.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

So what happened to Galaxy 2? Is it included in the collection or not?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Not surprised with the complaints here, it's Nintendo after all. The know they have enough followers to buy their old games over and over again without having to put almost no effort when re-releasing it. They could've easily added Galaxy 2, but they just didnt feel like it as I'm sure they'll find another way to make money off of that. Wouldve been nice to add it since original Allstar has 4 games so this new 3D Allstars couldve too.

I personally wish Nintendo brought the NSMB DS games over instead. Or how about a new Mario Party, or even some new DLC maps/mini games for the latest Mario Party cause im tired of playing the same 4 small maps. This game is perfect to create new DLC's for, whats wrong with you Nintendo???

Darwinianevolution said:
So what happened to Galaxy 2? Is it included in the collection or not?

No. Expectation is that it will be made available next year at the same time the limited release ends, and that's when All-Stars+ releases, including it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
MasonADC said:
Just Preordered. Atleast a 15 day wait isn’t that bad

That's incredible tbh. I'm waiting to preorder physical and it's driving me crazy because no stores have it listed yet. I'm honestly surprised they haven't pushed it onto their storefronts yet.

Bestbuy is the only online store I found to have it so far Incase that’s an option where you are 

Around the Network

A scam is when Sony/Microsoft/x AAA Publisher release a game at full retail then discount it a couple months later.

Nintendo with the Switch:

Eh im a bit on the fence on this one. Playing Galaxy on Switch is something I'd absolutely want but I care not one bit for SM64 and Sunshine, plus no graphical updates whatsoever and I feel they could've fit Galaxy2 just as easily for that huge price.

trunkswd said:
thetonestarr said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to actually charge for the update, but I'm not expecting it. If they do, it'll be $15 or $20 most likely (leaning towards $20), but because I believe they honestly intended to include it as a pack-in for 3D All-Stars from the start, I think it'll be a free update. 

The one thing I am fully certain of, though, is that the Galaxy 2 inclusion is 100% why this version of the game is a limited run.

I'm a bit disappointed in 3D All-Stars. I was hoping for more improvements than just a bump in resolution. But since I have no way of playing Sunshine or Galaxy and haven't played them in a decade or more, I'll be buying it. Plus my Switch has been collecting dust with nothing new on it since Pokemon Sword / Shield that has interested me.

Yeah I'm surprised it's so half-assed. Not even a Halo Anniversary-style optional visual upgrade. Maybe they'll release that down the line as a DLC. $15-$20 for that (for all included games) wouldn't upset me.

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

If only we all had your positivity.

Given COVID's impact on their dev times, it makes sense that they wanted to include SMG2 but just couldn't meet the deadline. That combined with the *digital* limited release makes this the only really logical conclusion.

Granted, yes, Nintendo likes to do illogical all the time ($60 for SM3DW+? I'm buying it used and Nintendo is getting none of my money for that), but at least *logically*, my prediction makes the best sense. Nintendo may decide to charge for the Galaxy 2 update, but really I'm not expecting it.

Well we'll see. I'll certainly tip my hat to you if it turns out you're right.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Marth said:
thetonestarr said:

No. Expectation is that it will be made available next year at the same time the limited release ends, and that's when All-Stars+ releases, including it.

Thats maybe your expection.

Maybe I should mark that post and remind you of it once April 2021 comes around and literally nothing happens.

I'm not the only one expecting it. First one to mention it here, yes, but it's a common theory throughout the Internet that I've seen.

SW-5120-1900-6153