By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Roket League won't need PS+/Switch Online, MS keeps the paywall

Darwinianevolution said:
hinch said:

Its a F2P game. Those are playable on PS consoles without Plus. I'm not sure on Nintendo's (Switch Online) policy but I presume its the same.

Since when is Rocket League FTP? When did that happened?

I think it's not free-to-play yet, I think the latest news is that it's going free-to-play this month. Was supposed to go free-to-play in summer but, well, it's September now, so I guess either summer is extended or Rocket League missed the goal...

Last edited by Zkuq - on 04 September 2020

Around the Network

Sony on PS4 never locked F2P behind PS+, MS does, so really it is a no news.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

m0ney said:
I have retired from Rocket League

I miss the threads you used to make about how Rocket League made you hate life and yourself.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 04 September 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

I miss the threads you used to make about how Rocket League made you hate life and yourself.

I'll be bak

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Won’t make me abandon MS. Steam, Sony and Nintendo have burned me way too many times to warrant me going to them and iOS Apple and Google seem ready to do the same.

At this point, it’s either Xbox, Piracy or the door for me.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
This isnt just for rocket league right?
Sony and Nintendo keep free to play games, free to play online.

I don't know. I have Nintendo Online but I let it lapse once. I couldn't even register my Resident Evil games on RE.net without the subscription. 

rocket league ftw,
thats a nice touch free to play with no ps plus and it also has 4 player local splitscreen if u ever desire!
havent played in a while though haha!
maybe in another 5 years rocket league 2? or maybe something else from psyonix?!

It's not very consumer friendly, but MS is rumored to be dropping the paywall for F2P games soon.