By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Roket League won't need PS+/Switch Online, MS keeps the paywall

So much for being "pro-consumer" eh MS.

Around the Network

Roket league 😂 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

JWeinCom said:
Shows you the leverage that Rocket League has. Kind of impressive.

What leverage? 

As a F2P title is plays by the exact same rules as every other F2P game on PSN, NSO and XBL.

twintail said:
JWeinCom said:
Shows you the leverage that Rocket League has. Kind of impressive.

What leverage? 

As a F2P title is plays by the exact same rules as every other F2P game on PSN, NSO and XBL.

Didn't know that. I stand corrected. Though in my defense, the title made it seem like this was a Rocket League specific deal.

JWeinCom said:
twintail said:

What leverage? 

Didn't know that. I stand corrected. Though in my defense, the title made it seem like this was a Rocket League specific deal.

True, fair enough

Around the Network

MS is all about them subscription fees.

JWeinCom said:
twintail said:

What leverage? 

Yeah guys, sorry about the title. Could have been more specific. I just went full rant mode Trying to edit it now, for clarity sake.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I have retired from Rocket League

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

How did Rocket League manage that? I can't imagine companies would be able to just bypass the online paywall without any consequences.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
How did Rocket League manage that? I can't imagine companies would be able to just bypass the online paywall without any consequences.

Its a F2P game. Those are playable on PS consoles without Plus. I'm not sure on Nintendo's (Switch Online) policy but I presume its the same.