By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware August 9 to 15

Switch dominating
PS4 dying
XBO dead
3DS buried

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
I've adjusted our figures to be closer to NPD's in July. Not exact as 17k for the Xbox One is too low for what we've been seeing. But we now have them around 40,000. Xbox One sales were also adjusted down in the rest of the world. Switch and PS4 sales were adjusted down slightly in the US, Canada, and Latin America for the last couple of months.

Nice work on the adjustments Trunks.  I can imagine it’s difficult to stay on top of accurate numbers these last few months with how crazy the world is right now and I have never given you enough credit for doing that. So thanks for that and sorry for being an ass sometimes on here.

A while back, I thought the Xbox One would pass 50 million, possibly even 51 million...

Well, there goes that.

Another awesome week for the Switch.

Perhaps Sony and MS should just use the artifical scarcity plan that people thought Nintendo was doing early in its Switch launch to create more hype
/s

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Another awesome week for the Switch.

Perhaps Sony and MS should just use the artificial scarcity plan that people thought Nintendo was doing early in its Switch launch to create more hype
/sd

hehehe

artificial scarcity in generation transition maybe is not good for brand image. The luck of Sony and Microsoft is the thirds carry the system alone. So, in software side, they were in good shape. In videogame, the software counts more than hardware. 

Smooth transitions are far better than a rough one 

Last edited by Agente42 - on 20 August 2020

Around the Network

PS4 and XB1 both look lower than I expected. Switch is just tearing things up.

Xbox Done.

Time for Series X/S. (And PS5 for that matter)

I always wondered how does the site estimate sales?

New yearly lows for PS4 and XBO. Previous lows were for PS4 135k (Feb 1) and for XBO 21k (Aug 1). Price cuts are now necessary to keep the interest in this gen.

yo33331 said:
I have 2 questions.
1. Why just because XB1 had 1 weak month - july, everyone now calls it dead, it is selling low always yes, but july has been it's lowest month yet, okay, but just because of 1 month now you are calling it dead ? I think there have to be at least 1-2 more months with very very little to no sales so we called it dead, and perhaps the sales are as it is because of supply constraints, and microsoft is still producing xbox one S, so I think it will be a little bit better the next couple of months (maybe going back to 40/50k per week)
2. Why because of the console transition microsoft and sony both are stopping production of the old consoles and they are out of stock almost everywhere ? normally the production of 1 console is ending around 2-3-4 years after the next gen launches. Also for the out of stock thing, I didn't remeber before when PS3 or PS4 were 2-3 months of launching sony or MS to just don't send stock in the stores of their last gen consoles. This was a routine and it is something normal, yes they have to market and sell the new console as well, but never had let it be out of stock before the launch of the next gen. See PS2 in 2006, this was one of the top 5 years for the system for sales. PS3 also was selling at a medium level in 2013 the months before PS4 launched, it was doing around 100-150K per week, even september with gta 5 which boosted both 360 and ps3 sales for the month with over 100%.

1. People have been saying xbox has been dead for a while now, covid has just made things seem better than they actually were

2.Im not sure what this is asking, but the consoles are out of stock because covid raised sales over what they predicted, so they did not stock properly. As, from the looks of it sony and microsoft seems to want to transfer to next gen as soon as possible