By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

KLAMarine said:

Bulls making it a series! Very interesting!

Both teams in the championship last year allow their opponents to steal one on the road!

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

The way the Clippers choked in both play in games made their season almost as bad as the Lakers. In the east the two most disappointing teams were the Knicks and the Wizards. Glad the Mavs won today, Luka just needs to come back and help them win one game in Utah and then take help them win their remaining home games. Looks like the 76ers will sweep the Raptors.

The Clippers played without Leonard and George

Since you can't even comprehend your own replies, I say it for the third time now Paul George played in the first play in game.

Last edited by Chris Hu - on 23 April 2022

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

The Clippers played without Leonard and George

Since can't even comprehend your own replies, I say it for the third time now Paul George played in the first play in game.

I'm well aware that you can't comprehend my replies. That doesn't excuse the fact that every time you try to make a point, you ignore all evidence and facts pointing against it. You literally have one bullet point that you're beating into the ground so hard that the dead horse is practically glue at this point.

You:

• Paul George played in the first play in game

Me:

• Paul George didn't play in the second play-in game. If he played, the Clips may have won and gotten into the playoffs. You keep pretending like one game is more important than the other.
  • Kawhi Leonard missed the season. I'm sure you've heard of him. If Leonard was healthy, the Clips may not have been in the PIT.
  • The Pelicans don't suck as bad as you think, even though you've never heard of them.
  • Comparing the Clippers and Pelicans last 10 games of the season don't mean much when the Pels tanked their final two against two elite Western teams that were playing full force. Prior to that, they were 9-4.
  • You keep whining about George missing the first play-in game to try to disguise the fact that you picked the Lakers and Nets to win their conferences and get to the finals, even declaring the Lakers champions after trading for Westbrook and saying Chris Paul should have opted out of his contract to join them *takes a moment to chuckle*. That is somehow your most horrendously blown hot take ever, and coming from you, that's quite the accomplishment.

Don't reply to me until you can come up with something new. You proved during last year's playoffs that you can go and plagiarize someone else's YouTube video when you do a half-ass job of applying yourself instead of a no-ass job, so try that again.

Angelus said:
burninmylight said:

What happened to Luka will be a cautionary tale on why coaches rest players in the last few games of the regular season when their playoff positioning is decided. I wouldn't declare it to be a genteman's sweep though.

The irony is, he woulda been suspended for that game in which he got injured, except the NBA rescinded that technical. The suspension would have done them a favor lol.

I had completely forgotten about that, lol. Imagine bitching to the NBA to rescind a 16th technical just to play your franchise star in a meaningless final game of the season only for him to mess up his calf and miss the start of the playoffs against an opponent where he's very much needed.

Yeah it seems silly to harp on the fact that George only missed the second game of the play in. He also missed most of the season and I don’t remember Leonard playing at all. If they were healthy all season or even most of the season, Clips obviously finish better than they did and probably don’t even have to be in the play in.

That LOLakers prediction though, damn Chris. Damn.

Around the Network

I knew the Lakers were going to disappoint from the start.
I mean, you trade away or give up most of your supporting cast for a dude who is the textbook example of what happens when you play harder instead of smarter and who needs the ball in his hands all the time to be effective... While already having LeBron James, who is also extremely ball dominant AND an injury prone Anthony Davis. Unless they found some miracle chemistry we weren't aware of (they didn't) it was going to flop.

I didn't think it would flop THAT hard. But the fact that the Lakers' experiment ended up in failure did not surprise me.

Devin Booker is out for 2-3 weeks with a pulled right hamstring.

Well, the Suns are in big trouble now. Even if they get past the Pelicans, they then have to deal with Utah or Dallas - who should be getting Luka back very soon.

burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

Since can't even comprehend your own replies, I say it for the third time now Paul George played in the first play in game.

I'm well aware that you can't comprehend my replies. That doesn't excuse the fact that every time you try to make a point, you ignore all evidence and facts pointing against it. You literally have one bullet point that you're beating into the ground so hard that the dead horse is practically glue at this point.

You:

Me:

• Paul George didn't play in the second play-in game. If he played, the Clips may have won and gotten into the playoffs. You keep pretending like one game is more important than the other.
  • Kawhi Leonard missed the season. I'm sure you've heard of him. If Leonard was healthy, the Clips may not have been in the PIT.
  • The Pelicans don't suck as bad as you think, even though you've never heard of them.
  • Comparing the Clippers and Pelicans last 10 games of the season don't mean much when the Pels tanked their final two against two elite Western teams that were playing full force. Prior to that, they were 9-4.
  • You keep whining about George missing the first play-in game to try to disguise the fact that you picked the Lakers and Nets to win their conferences and get to the finals, even declaring the Lakers champions after trading for Westbrook and saying Chris Paul should have opted out of his contract to join them *takes a moment to chuckle*. That is somehow your most horrendously blown hot take ever, and coming from you, that's quite the accomplishment.

Don't reply to me until you can come up with something new. You proved during last year's playoffs that you can go and plagiarize someone else's YouTube video when you do a half-ass job of applying yourself instead of a no-ass job, so try that again.

Try again I didn't pick the Lakers and the Nets to get to the finals.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Yeah it seems silly to harp on the fact that George only missed the second game of the play in. He also missed most of the season and I don’t remember Leonard playing at all. If they were healthy all season or even most of the season, Clips obviously finish better than they did and probably don’t even have to be in the play in.

That LOLakers prediction though, damn Chris. Damn.

Yeah, its super funny since I didn't make it.  Me harping on the fact that George only missed the second game is not silly, since he insisted that he missed both games.

burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

You:

Me:

Also, George didn't miss the first play in game, but you keep insisting that he missed both.  Also let me remind you of the final score of second play in game its was New Orleans 105 the Clippers 101 it was very close.  So yeah, what I said earlier pretty much holds true with some minor adjustments the Clippers could have easily won the second play in game.