By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

KLAMarine said:

So who do you all have? Suns or Bucks?

Without Giannis, I'm thinking Suns.

I'm rooting for the Suns, purely because I want CP3 to get a ring. Beyond that, I wouldn't much care who wins. And based on they way each team has played so far in these playoffs, combined with the questionable status of Giannis (I'm assuming he'll play sooner or later, but what percentage of his usual self are we gonna see?) I'd definitely say that the Suns are the logical favorites. The Bucks are just such a frustratingly inconsistent basketball team, to the point that even as someone who has no rooting interest for them, watching them actually quite pisses me off at times lol. 

Around the Network

Anyone who has read my comments in this thread has probably picked up who I am rooting for, but with the injuries to Giannis Antetokounmpo and Donte DiVincenzo, I have no problem saying the Suns are the favorites to win. I would have probably picked the Suns even if both teams had fully healthy rosters, because the Suns just plain have had the Bucks number over the past three years. I think the Suns have been the Bucks' personal Goliath moreso than any other western team.

burninmylight said:

Anyone who has read my comments in this thread has probably picked up who I am rooting for, but with the injuries to Giannis Antetokounmpo and Donte DiVincenzo, I have no problem saying the Suns are the favorites to win. I would have probably picked the Suns even if both teams had fully healthy rosters, because the Suns just plain have had the Bucks number over the past three years. I think the Suns have been the Bucks' personal Goliath moreso than any other western team.

Regular season games were really close but that was with Giannis healthy.

We shall see...

KLAMarine said:
burninmylight said:

Regular season games were really close but that was with Giannis healthy.

We shall see...

Close or not, Milwaukee is 1-5 against Phoenix over the last three years...

On another forum that I frequent, someone posted this, so I told him that I'm going to copy it word-for-word:

my usual 7 point twist, without giannis, so brook in giannis's spot

1 – brook vs ayton
2 – bud vs williams
3 – jrue vs chris paul
4 – 3pt% differential
5 – which defense prevails
6 – khris vs booker
7 – which team displays more playoff savy

If jrue can limit chris paul, which is not impossible, and khris is on the same planet as as booker, as long as the bucks don’t get blown out by 3pt%, they should win. A couple of ifs in there, but here is the bb ref comp for booker vs khris & jrue vs paul along with brook vs the scorching hot ayton.

khris vs booker
ppg 23.4 vs 27
rpg 8 vs 6.4
apg 5.1 vs 4.8
ts% 55 vs 56.6

https://stathead.com/tiny/dvCGF

jrue vs paul
17.6 vs 18.1
5.6 vs 3.9
8.4 vs 8.7
49.8 vs 56.6

https://stathead.com/tiny/qLKAb

brook vs ayton is not as far apart, as some might think

https://stathead.com/tiny/LVlbx

Then the bucks get giannis back, tucker, pat and portis vs the rest of the suns, if giannis is healthy enough, should be a nice edge to the bucks.

Around the Network

It’s just been confirmed by ESPN, Giannis WILL play!

PAOerfulone said:

It’s just been confirmed by ESPN, Giannis WILL play!

God please stay healthy. Can't deal with another dud series.

Booker and Giannis both in Attack Mode to start this game.

Good game so far. Can't believe how normal Giannis has looked as well coming off that hyperextension. When I saw it live, I figured he was just done for the rest of the playoffs. Unbelievably lucky for him, and for basketball fans in general to see him back and looking pretty good. I'm sure he's not actually 100% or anything, but this is better than probably most expected.

Should be a fun series.

Great 1st half. The Suns' Big Three of Paul, Ayton, and Booker have been the difference so far.