By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Aaaand, Phoenix has blown it wide open.

Around the Network

Middleton keeping the Bucks in it.

Deandre Ayton: First player with at least 15 points and 15 rebounds in his first NBA Finals game since Tim Duncan.

That's some damn good company right there!

burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

The East as whole was a lot weaker in '15 then it is now.  Also since you didn't get it the first time I say it again the '15 Hawks had home court and got swept in the ECF this years Hawks didn't have home court in any of their series and almost forced a game seven in the ECF.  Also just by looking at the stats you don't get the whole picture of this years Hawks they started out the season 14-20 and ended the season in the ECF which is way more impressive then any stats you can throw at me from the '15 Hawks.  Also not only would I take Trae Young over all the '15 Hawks I would also take Lou Williams over any of the players on the '15 Hawks and the guy they traded to get Williams; Rajon Rondo I would take over all the players on the '15 Hawks also.  As for the '06 and '07 Mavs there are plenty of teams that make it to a championship and then completely fall off the next year this years Heat is actually a decent example so yeah the '06 Mavs is still the second best Mavs team ever and the '07 Mavs is one of the most overrated 60 plus win team of all time along with the '15 Hawks.  Also another point about the '93 Suns even though Kevin Johnson was good he still is only the fourth best point guard all time that played for the Suns no one in their right mind would rank him ahead of Steven Nash, Jason Kidd or Chris Paul.

"The East as whole was a lot weaker in '15 then it is now."

Here we go again with Chris Hu's greatest hit, "The East sucks, so nothing any EC team does is valid." That song gets more play than Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"

"Also since you didn't get it the first time I say it again the '15 Hawks had home court and got swept in the ECF this years Hawks didn't have home court in any of their series and almost forced a game seven in the ECF."

...which is a point in the favor of the '15 Hawks... that means that they were consistently the better team all year long, they didn't suddenly get hot halfway through the season.

And no, this year's Hawks didn't almost force a seventh game in the ECF. Did you watch Games 5 and 6? The Hawks never lead AT ANY POINT in those games; the only times that the score was tied was at tipoff. Two games in which they didn't have to see the two-time MVP of the league that was having his way with their frontcourt throughout the series up to that point. The last time they saw Giannis was early in the third quarter of Game 4. So that's about 40-45 percent of the whole series that they didn't have to face the most dangerous player they had seen all playoffs, and they still couldn't get it done. Before you bring up Young, since you didn't get it the first time, I will remind you that Young hurts the Hawks on defense as much as he helps them on offense. When Young was out, the Hawks got better on defense, turned the ball over less, and guys like Gallinari got going with more opportunities to have the ball in their hand. Young missing those couple of games hurt the Hawks more than helped, but it some ways it helped. Giannis missing those two and a half games only hurt the Bucks. Yet, the Bucks rose to the occasion and the Hawks did not.

The '15 Hawks faced a fully healthy LeBron James, a fully healthy Kyrie Irving, and an otherwise healthy squad that was really only missing Kevin Love as a key contributor. You love to declare victories or prematurely drop mics based on teams that have the biggest stars and household names: the '15 Hawks lost to LeBron still in his prime and a young Kyrie still healthy  before his freak injury in the Finals. You've made it clear how little you think of the Bucks because you've given them zero credit throughout the postseason, so which Hawks opponent was tougher, the '15 Cavs led by LeBron and Irving, or the '21 Bucks that played 40-45 percent of the series without Giannis?

And while you're pretending to think about that, consider these facts as well: the '21 Hawks lost each of their ECF games by double digits, and getting BTFO by 34 in Game 2, when it still mattered; the '15 Hawks only lost by double digits twice, one of them being in Game 4 after they had thrown in the towel; they took Game 3 to OT and lost by three.

"Also not only would I take Trae Young over all the '15 Hawks I would also take Lou Williams over any of the players on the '15 Hawks and the guy they traded to get Williams; Rajon Rondo I would take over all the players on the '15 Hawks also."

Good thing you're not a GM.

"Also another point about the '93 Suns even though Kevin Johnson was good he still is only the fourth best point guard all time that played for the Suns no one in their right mind would rank him ahead of Steven Nash, Jason Kidd or Chris Paul."

That wasn't the point of the discussion, but way to try to change the subject. We're talking about entire rosters, not individual players. Like I've said so many times, this is real life, not NBA Jam.

Anyone willing to bet this guy had never even heard of KJ until I brought him up?

Also, since your replies tend to be the same old regurgitated "nothingburgers" that may have been relevant years ago, let me do the work for you:

Chris Hu said: "BLAH BLAH BLAH The East Conference sucks and nothing any East team does matters until I decide its relevant BLAH BLAH BLAH Player X is better than Player Y, therefore Team X is better than Team Y  BLAH BLAH BLAH Player Z and Team Z is better than Player A and Team A because I heard the talking heads on TV spend more time on them and I used that guy on my custom team on NBA 2K BLAH BLAH BLAH

There ya go, already took care of your reply for you. You can go outside and enjoy some fireworks now, Happy Fourth!

Nope LeBron pretty much beat the Hawks by himself in the '15 ECF Love was out the entire series and Kyrie Irving was injured.

The 5 Worst No. 1 Seeds In The NBA This Decade - YouTube

Personally I would have put the Hawks on the top of that list but LeBron also took care of the #1 team on the list.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

"The East as whole was a lot weaker in '15 then it is now."

Here we go again with Chris Hu's greatest hit, "The East sucks, so nothing any EC team does is valid." That song gets more play than Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'"

"Also since you didn't get it the first time I say it again the '15 Hawks had home court and got swept in the ECF this years Hawks didn't have home court in any of their series and almost forced a game seven in the ECF."

...which is a point in the favor of the '15 Hawks... that means that they were consistently the better team all year long, they didn't suddenly get hot halfway through the season.

And no, this year's Hawks didn't almost force a seventh game in the ECF. Did you watch Games 5 and 6? The Hawks never lead AT ANY POINT in those games; the only times that the score was tied was at tipoff. Two games in which they didn't have to see the two-time MVP of the league that was having his way with their frontcourt throughout the series up to that point. The last time they saw Giannis was early in the third quarter of Game 4. So that's about 40-45 percent of the whole series that they didn't have to face the most dangerous player they had seen all playoffs, and they still couldn't get it done. Before you bring up Young, since you didn't get it the first time, I will remind you that Young hurts the Hawks on defense as much as he helps them on offense. When Young was out, the Hawks got better on defense, turned the ball over less, and guys like Gallinari got going with more opportunities to have the ball in their hand. Young missing those couple of games hurt the Hawks more than helped, but it some ways it helped. Giannis missing those two and a half games only hurt the Bucks. Yet, the Bucks rose to the occasion and the Hawks did not.

The '15 Hawks faced a fully healthy LeBron James, a fully healthy Kyrie Irving, and an otherwise healthy squad that was really only missing Kevin Love as a key contributor. You love to declare victories or prematurely drop mics based on teams that have the biggest stars and household names: the '15 Hawks lost to LeBron still in his prime and a young Kyrie still healthy  before his freak injury in the Finals. You've made it clear how little you think of the Bucks because you've given them zero credit throughout the postseason, so which Hawks opponent was tougher, the '15 Cavs led by LeBron and Irving, or the '21 Bucks that played 40-45 percent of the series without Giannis?

And while you're pretending to think about that, consider these facts as well: the '21 Hawks lost each of their ECF games by double digits, and getting BTFO by 34 in Game 2, when it still mattered; the '15 Hawks only lost by double digits twice, one of them being in Game 4 after they had thrown in the towel; they took Game 3 to OT and lost by three.

"Also not only would I take Trae Young over all the '15 Hawks I would also take Lou Williams over any of the players on the '15 Hawks and the guy they traded to get Williams; Rajon Rondo I would take over all the players on the '15 Hawks also."

Good thing you're not a GM.

"Also another point about the '93 Suns even though Kevin Johnson was good he still is only the fourth best point guard all time that played for the Suns no one in their right mind would rank him ahead of Steven Nash, Jason Kidd or Chris Paul."

That wasn't the point of the discussion, but way to try to change the subject. We're talking about entire rosters, not individual players. Like I've said so many times, this is real life, not NBA Jam.

Anyone willing to bet this guy had never even heard of KJ until I brought him up?

Also, since your replies tend to be the same old regurgitated "nothingburgers" that may have been relevant years ago, let me do the work for you:

Chris Hu said: "BLAH BLAH BLAH The East Conference sucks and nothing any East team does matters until I decide its relevant BLAH BLAH BLAH Player X is better than Player Y, therefore Team X is better than Team Y  BLAH BLAH BLAH Player Z and Team Z is better than Player A and Team A because I heard the talking heads on TV spend more time on them and I used that guy on my custom team on NBA 2K BLAH BLAH BLAH

There ya go, already took care of your reply for you. You can go outside and enjoy some fireworks now, Happy Fourth!

Nope LeBron pretty much beat the Hawks by himself in the '15 ECF Love was out the entire series and Kyrie Irving was injured.

Personally I would have put the Hawks on the top of that list but LeBron also took care of the #1 team on the list.

Oh wow, look at you using that tool we call the Internet and putting some effort behind your argument for the first time probably ever! I thought you were going to stick your head in the sand and pretend like this debate never happened like normal, but I see that you actually did some homework this time. Kudos.

And now I might have to take your kudos back, because I'm wondering if you bothered to watch your own video.

"DeMarre Carroll was banged up, Korver was out after Game 2 with an ankle inury, Horford was ejected in Game 3 after being frustrated by Matthew Delavaodova."

So if it's a point in the Cavs favor for Love being out the series (like I already said) and Irving playing hurt, then it's a point in the Hawks favor for one starter playing hurt, another starter (and All-Star) for missing two games, and the team's MVP being ejected in a crucial game. Thank you for proving my point.

Chris Hu said:

Also since you didn't get it the first time I say it again

burninmylight said:

the '15 Hawks lost to LeBron still in his prime and a young Kyrie still healthy able to play before his freak injury in the Finals. You've made it clear how little you think of the Bucks because you've given them zero credit throughout the postseason, so which Hawks opponent was tougher, the '15 Cavs led by LeBron and Irving, or the '21 Bucks that played 40-45 percent of the series without Giannis and also missing another starter in Donte DiVincenzo?

I also neglected to mention that in Game 4 of the '21 ECF when Giannis got hurt in the third quarter, the Bucks were starting to surge and get their way back into the game, outscoring Atlanta by 6 in the quarter at that point. The Bucks were only down by eight when there was about 7:15 left in the quarter, and pretty much had the will to play sucked out of them after the injury. Not unreasonable to say that if it never happened, the series might have only been five games.

The '15 Hawks took the Cavs to OT in Game 3 without their most important player and lost by three. The '21 Hawks were gifted Game 4 by a team that no longer wanted to be there after losing the heart and soul of the team, then, and I'm going to make it as loud as possible, NEVER WERE ABLE TO OBTAIN A LEAD AGAIN AT ANY POINT IN THE REST OF THE SERIES, AND WERE ONLY TIED WITH THE BUCKS AGAIN DURING EACH GAMES' TIPOFF. THEY WERE BLOWN THE FUCK OUT IN GAME 6, TO THE POINT THAT THE BUCKS PULLED THEIR STARTERS  LATE IN THE FOURTH.

We already know that you consider the '15 Cavs to be the superior team to the Bucks because you can't name a single Bucks player not named Giannis (notice how I didn't say Antetokounmpo) or Holiday, so going by your logic, the '15 Cavs lost to better team among both opponents, while the '21 Hawks lost to an opponent that you don't even think should have been there.

The only reason you think this year's Hawks are better is because you recognize Trae Young from SportsCenter highlights and Top 10 lists from YouTube, so you think he's the third coming of Jesus (you think the second is James Harden).

I'll let you keep your kudos. It took you so long to earn it, and what kind of monster would I be to take it away now?

Last edited by burninmylight - on 07 July 2021

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
Chris Hu said:

Oh wow, look at you using that tool we call the Internet and putting some effort behind your argument for the first time probably ever! I thought you were going to stick your head in the sand and pretend like this debate never happened like normal, but I see that you actually did some homework this time. Kudos.

And now I might have to take your kudos back, because I'm wondering if you bothered to watch your own video.

"DeMarre Carroll was banged up, Korver was out after Game 2 with an ankle inury, Horford was ejected in Game 3 after being frustrated by Matthew Delavaodova."

So if it's a point in the Cavs favor for Love being out the series (like I already said) and Irving playing hurt, then it's a point in the Hawks favor for one starter playing hurt, another starter (and All-Star) for missing two games, and the team's MVP being ejected in a crucial game. Thank you for proving my point.

Chris Hu said:

burninmylight said:

the '15 Hawks lost to LeBron still in his prime and a young Kyrie still healthy able to play before his freak injury in the Finals. You've made it clear how little you think of the Bucks because you've given them zero credit throughout the postseason, so which Hawks opponent was tougher, the '15 Cavs led by LeBron and Irving, or the '21 Bucks that played 40-45 percent of the series without Giannis and also missing another starter in Donte DiVincenzo?

I also neglected to mention that in Game 4 of the '21 ECF when Giannis got hurt in the third quarter, the Bucks were starting to surge and get their way back into the game, outscoring Atlanta by 6 in the quarter at that point. The Bucks were only down by eight when there was about 7:15 left in the quarter, and pretty much had the will to play sucked out of them after the injury. Not unreasonable to say that if it never happened, the series might have only been five games.

The '15 Hawks took the Cavs to OT in Game 3 without their most important player and lost by three. The '21 Hawks were gifted Game 4 by a team that no longer wanted to be there after losing the heart and soul of the team, then, and I'm going to make it as loud as possible, NEVER WERE ABLE TO OBTAIN A LEAD AGAIN AT ANY POINT IN THE REST OF THE SERIES, AND WERE ONLY TIED WITH THE BUCKS AGAIN DURING EACH GAMES' TIPOFF.

We already know that you consider the '15 Cavs to be the superior team to the Bucks because you can't name a single Bucks player not named Giannis (notice how I didn't say Antetokounmpo) or Holiday, so going by your logic, the '15 Cavs lost to better team among both opponents, while the '21 Hawks lost to an opponent that you don't even think should have been there.

The only reason you think this year's Hawks are better is because you recognize Trae Young from SportsCenter highlights and Top 10 lists from YouTube, so you think he's the third coming of Jesus (you think the second is James Harden).

I'll let you keep your kudos. It took you so long to earn it, and what kind of monster would I be to take it away now?

Since you didn't get it the first time I say it again I don't have cable so I don't watch SportsCenter.  Also since live in Texas and follow all Texas NBA teams I'm also very familiar with Clint Capella I mentioned him on VgChartz years ago already.  He just needs a couple more solid years to also be better then any of the players on '15 Hawks team.  Also you bringing up NBA 2K in the previous comment was extremely dumb since I barely play that franchise and its extremely easy to find that out all you have to do is click on my signature exophase tracks the play time in those games extremely well.

Chris Hu said:
burninmylight said:

Chris Hu said:

The '15 Hawks took the Cavs to OT in Game 3 without their most important player and lost by three. The '21 Hawks were gifted Game 4 by a team that no longer wanted to be there after losing the heart and soul of the team, then, and I'm going to make it as loud as possible, NEVER WERE ABLE TO OBTAIN A LEAD AGAIN AT ANY POINT IN THE REST OF THE SERIES, AND WERE ONLY TIED WITH THE BUCKS AGAIN DURING EACH GAMES' TIPOFF.

Since you didn't get it the first time I say it again I don't have cable so I don't watch SportsCenter.  Also since live in Texas and follow all Texas NBA teams I'm also very familiar with Clint Capella I mentioned him on VgChartz years ago already.  He just needs a couple more solid years to also be better then any of the players on '15 Hawks team.  Also you bringing up NBA 2K in the previous comment was extremely dumb since I barely play that franchise and its extremely easy to find that out all you have to do is click on my signature exophase tracks the play time in those games extremely well.

And none of that has anything to do with the '15 Hawks vs. the '21 Hawks. I think we're pretty much done here, but I'll humor you.

"I don't have cable so I don't watch SportsCenter."

Neither do I, but have you heard of this thing called the Internet? I think you might be using it. One can easily find SportsCenter there. I mean, someone is feeding you information somehow. Do you ride into town on your best horse every few days to get a paper?"

"Also since live in Texas and follow all Texas NBA teams I'm also very familiar with Clint Capella I mentioned him on VgChartz years ago already.  He just needs a couple more solid years to also be better then any of the players on '15 Hawks team."

Oh, so you are aware that there are other players on the court that contribute to a team's success, and they don't necessarily have to make All-Star teams or be featured on magazine covers to be relevant... or is it that you're only aware of Capella because you happened to see his name on the back of his jersey while watching James Harden highlights?

Either way, maybe you should bring up this argument that he'll be better than anyone on the '15 Hawks in a couple of years in 2023, when making the comment might actually start to make sense, because that has nothing to do with anything now. Also, Capela is 27; I wouldn't exactly call him a "rising star brimming with untapped potential."

"Also you bringing up NBA 2K in the previous comment was extremely dumb since I barely play that franchise and its extremely easy to find that out all you have to do is click on my signature exophase tracks the play time in those games extremely well."

I have no idea what you are talking about, but you seem to think that I am supposed to be aware of all these details of your personal life as if we aren't two strangers on the Internet. I could not care less about your "exophase tracks" and your playtime, and that has nothing to do with this whole discussion.

Dario Saric has been diagnosed with a torn ACL, so he’s done.
A minor blow to the Suns rotation, but they should be fine after a few adjustments. It’s certainly not a huge blow by any means like if it were Paul or Booker. But it’s still a damn shame regardless.
Here’s wishing fora speedy recovery for Saric.

PAOerfulone said:

Dario Saric has been diagnosed with a torn ACL, so he’s done.
A minor blow to the Suns rotation, but they should be fine after a few adjustments. It’s certainly not a huge blow by any means like if it were Paul or Booker. But it’s still a damn shame regardless.
Here’s wishing fora speedy recovery for Saric.

It's definitely a significant chink in the armor if Monty Williams is forced to give minutes to Frank Kaminsky. And if they do, the Bucks should eat him alive.

It's kind of how Donte DiVincenzo is very much the least important starter for the Bucks, and might not even be the 5th most important player on the current roster, but his absence is absolutely hurting Milwaukee because they are forced to play Jeff Teague in significant minutes. And when he was a complete shit show in the Nets series, they tried giving those minutes to Elijah Bryant (don't feel bad if you have no idea who that is, the guy was playing in Isreal a month before the playoffs started). And when Brynn Forbes was on the court, he got cooked by Devin Booker over and over. Not saying DDV would have locked up Booker, but it wouldn't have looked like a cat playing with a mouse.

Last edited by burninmylight - on 08 July 2021

Just about ready for Game 2.