By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - 2022 NBA Offseason - Rest in Peace Bill Russell

Angelus said:

I'm honestly going to be very surprised if this up and down Celtics team, that kept letting the battered, bruised, and offensively challenged Heat come back on them time and again, are able to seriously contend with the Warriors. I hope I'm wrong, cus it would be nice of course to get a really competitive series, but I expect the Warriors are probably gonna dismantle them.

I don't know about that.

This Celtics team is probably the worst matchup for the Warriors aside from the Grizzlies. They are very physical and they specialize in defense just like that Raptors team in 2019 (though, I'm of the belief that if Klay hadn't gotten hurt, the Warriors win Game 6 and who knows what happens in Game 7.) Marcus Smart can make Steph work while Draymond can give Tatum all he can handle. It'll come down to which supporting cast can rise to the challenge.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

Gotta root for GSW. As a Lakers fan, I can't root for Celtics, ha!

Imagine what it must feel like for all the people who are fans of both the Lakers AND LeBron. XD 

This must be Hell on Earth for them!

Series is even! Going back to Boston!

Series is tied. I really don't know who will win tomorrow. Will Tatum continue to struggle? Will Klay have a good game? Not really sure. Either way, I see the Warriors winning 1 of these away games and it being tied 2-2 going back to SF.

smroadkill15 said:

Series is tied. I really don't know who will win tomorrow. Will Tatum continue to struggle? Will Klay have a good game? Not really sure. Either way, I see the Warriors winning 1 of these away games and it being tied 2-2 going back to SF.

I find it exciting. Will Curry finally win a Finals MVP or is it Celtics's time to rise!?

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

I'm of the same mindset, though it would be intriguing and slightly amusing to see the Warriors have to come back from a 3-1 lead in the Finals, perhaps even redeem themselves for 2016.

KLAMarine said:
smroadkill15 said:

I find it exciting. Will Curry finally win a Finals MVP or is it Celtics's time to rise!?

Personally, I think he should have 1-2 Finals MVPs already.

He got screwed out of it in 2015 because the voters just gave it to the guy who held LeBron to sub-40% shooting, and he was the best player in 3 out of 4 games in 2018 in a series that everyone and their grandmother knew they were going to win anyway.

But that's neither here nor there.

I think whoever wins Game 5 is going to win the championship.

Celtics play like idiots down the stretch, chuckin bad shots, b ut that's not what killed them. After dominating the rebounding battle in game 3 and controlling it in the first half of this game, they completely conceded the rebounding battle in the second half and predictably, the Warriors seized control. It's unbelievable that even after 8 years, teams still don't seem to understand how critical rebounding is vs the Warriors.

Nuvendil said:

Celtics play like idiots down the stretch, chuckin bad shots, b ut that's not what killed them. After dominating the rebounding battle in game 3 and controlling it in the first half of this game, they completely conceded the rebounding battle in the second half and predictably, the Warriors seized control. It's unbelievable that even after 8 years, teams still don't seem to understand how critical rebounding is vs the Warriors.

I thought the Warriors would win this series after watching Boston play Miami, but I gotta say, watching Boston play the Warriors....just from a physical talent perspective, Boston has no business losing this series. The only thing that can stop them are their own errors and mental lapses.