By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dante will be available in SMT III: Nocturne HD Remaster! but via paid DLC...

Article

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster will add guest character Dante from the Devil May Cry series via the paid downloadable content “Maniax Pack” for 980 yen, Atlus announced. It will launch alongside the game on October 29 in Japan.

Dante was the guest character in the 2004-released Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax, which launched a year after the original Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne in Japan. This was the version of the game used for the North American and European release of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer’s Call in Europe).

The base Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster game will feature guest character Raidou Kuzunoha from Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon, who was the guest character in the 2008-released Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Chronicle Edition.

By purchasing the “Maniax Pack,” players will be able to select “New Game ~Maniax~” from the title screen, which changes every scene in which Raidou Kuzunoha would appear to Dante, as well as the title screen loop movie and logo to Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne Maniax. The remaster also adds a “Pierce effect” to Dante’s skill “Son’s Oath.”

Trailer:

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD Remaster is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on October 29 in Japan, and in spring 2021 worldwide.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

I think thats fair enough. Instead of Atlus having to pay Capcom from the sales of the game, they can just pay them from the bonus they get from the DLC.

Paid DLC on a remaster. That's just rich xD

Let's make it 2 for 2!

Btw for those complaining. Dante was never in this version of the game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Glad I still own the original.

Around the Network
Vodacixi said:

Yes, but considering the legal situation, I'm not sure if there is a better way.

Love and tolerate.

I think that is fair seeing as Atlus has to pay Capcom for the rights to include Dante and there will be another bonus character already included in the base game. This way only those who care about having Dante have to shoulder the cost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Salnax said:
Vodacixi said:

Yes, but considering the legal situation, I'm not sure if there is a better way.

Dante was never in the base game as this port is based on the 3rd version of the game which had another character in Dante's place. This is adding Dante to a version of the game he was never in.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

My interest in this "remaster" keeps dwindling.

Mar1217 said:
I guess Capcom made Atlus and the people interested in the prospect of a living meme pay the price harshly.

I'll just buy the game without the DLC then.

Yea because Atlus would never have outrageous DLC practices .... 

In reality it's probably an issue with both companies.