By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dante will be available in SMT III: Nocturne HD Remaster! but via paid DLC...

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Mar1217 said:
I guess Capcom made Atlus and the people interested in the prospect of a living meme pay the price harshly.

I'll just buy the game without the DLC then.

Yea because Atlus would never have outrageous DLC practices .... 

In reality it's probably an issue with both companies. 

Dante was not in this version on PS2. This is adding Dante to a different version of the game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Dante was not in this version on PS2. This is adding Dante to a different version of the game.

Oh I know, I'm more or less fine with it being the Raidou version. 

Mar1217 said:

*Looks at the way they handled P5,P5R and the Dancing games DLCs*

You'd be completely right, though Crapcom is in the mix sooooo .... I honestly, can't bring myself to think it was Atlus entire decision here :P

Well what I expect is that Capcom just asked for royalties for having their IP in a video game, which honestly isn't unfair, that's just how crossovers work 99% of the time (except I think possibly the original SMT3 Maniax ironically ... I've heard there was some kind of deal due to Kaneko's DMC3 designs but I have no idea). I'm guessing that Atlus was the party which decided that instead of eating the costs and paying the royalties whilst making money back on the copies of the remaster sold, they should sell it as DLC - they make more profit that way and Capcom still gets the money back they want for the character. It's not entirely unfair or anything, I just think that's what's most likely to have happened, rather than say Capcom outright wanting Dante to be $10 DLC (unlike say Smash). That's just a theory though, but I think it makes the most sense.