By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will COD ever come to Switch?

Will COD ever come to Switch?

Yes 7 20.00%

No 28 80.00%

Total:35
V-r0cK said:
Activision should at least test the water and put the mobile version on the Switch.

A 360 version port of a last gen game would be a better option, and much better recieved if they want to just test the waters.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I hope so. I would be happy with CoD4 MW remastered. Good multiplayer fun!!

Witcher 3 is nowhere near one of the most demanding games.

The game was 900p on X1 and 1080p on PS4. The dynamic resolution of the Xbox One X version displays between 1800p and native 4k.
Also the game came out less than two years after PS4 and X1 launch. The game would look and run vastly superior if developed today.

With that being said, I don't see why MW wouldn't run on Switch. 720p 30 FPS should be possible. Biggest issue would be HDD space though. 100GB at the very very least.

Probably not on Switch. But Switch 2 will probably have COD. Activision and EA haven't supported the Switch much, and that's not entirely bad. But since some people do wanna play their games on Switch, they should be there.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 125 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 122 mil (was 100 then 130 million) Xbox One: 50 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Blizzard seems to do well enough on Switch with Overwatch and Diablo 3. I never had problem with players on Overwatch and it is not a cross-play game as I udnerstand it.

Even beyond the question of Micro T's Activision does have a reason to even sell less profitable games on the Switch. They are trying to make more on less games and the Switch is an untapped market.

(Plus we don't get enough information on third party sales to even know what they are making. Without VGchartz tracking we can't even try to begin to estimate).

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

After reading this thread I've got a bit confused

Does Nintendo have a explicit policy against micro-transactions I'm not aware of?

Shiken said:
V-r0cK said:
Activision should at least test the water and put the mobile version on the Switch.

A 360 version port of a last gen game would be a better option, and much better recieved if they want to just test the waters.

If they ported the mobile CoD it's a Free to play game, to go up against other Free to play games like Fortnite and upcoming Apex Legends, so I think that would get more attention than an old CoD game which Activision would probably charge full price for as well.

I just dont think its worth it for Activision. COD players who own a Switch plays it on the PS4 or XB1 with their friends anyway. Keep giving us games like Crash and Spyro. Much better fit.

IcaroRibeiro said:
After reading this thread I've got a bit confused

Does Nintendo have a explicit policy against micro-transactions I'm not aware of?

It's more that a few of the games that have used them, all free games from Pokemon or Kirby, the Free to Start titles, have never really blown up. It ins't a part of the culture and isn't overly pursued beyond arguably Amiibo. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Really cod game would help boost software numbers for the switch along with games like madden. though would they get ported i don't know i think it dumb that some haven't been ported over because its free money if you do digital only ports. Also I don't get why some of the GTA games or the original red dead hasn't been ported over yeah they might not get the online factors but you would get the fact that people want to play these games on the go shoot i would love to have GTA V on my switch as I love playing it on my PS3. But with 2K getting all cozy with the switch maybe others will follow.