By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will COD ever come to Switch?

Will COD ever come to Switch?

Yes 7 20.00%

No 28 80.00%

Total:35

Blizzard seems to do well enough on Switch with Overwatch and Diablo 3. I never had problem with players on Overwatch and it is not a cross-play game as I udnerstand it.

Even beyond the question of Micro T's Activision does have a reason to even sell less profitable games on the Switch. They are trying to make more on less games and the Switch is an untapped market.

(Plus we don't get enough information on third party sales to even know what they are making. Without VGchartz tracking we can't even try to begin to estimate).

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

After reading this thread I've got a bit confused

Does Nintendo have a explicit policy against micro-transactions I'm not aware of?

Shiken said:
V-r0cK said:
Activision should at least test the water and put the mobile version on the Switch.

A 360 version port of a last gen game would be a better option, and much better recieved if they want to just test the waters.

If they ported the mobile CoD it's a Free to play game, to go up against other Free to play games like Fortnite and upcoming Apex Legends, so I think that would get more attention than an old CoD game which Activision would probably charge full price for as well.

I just dont think its worth it for Activision. COD players who own a Switch plays it on the PS4 or XB1 with their friends anyway. Keep giving us games like Crash and Spyro. Much better fit.

IcaroRibeiro said:
After reading this thread I've got a bit confused

Does Nintendo have a explicit policy against micro-transactions I'm not aware of?

It's more that a few of the games that have used them, all free games from Pokemon or Kirby, the Free to Start titles, have never really blown up. It ins't a part of the culture and isn't overly pursued beyond arguably Amiibo. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

Really cod game would help boost software numbers for the switch along with games like madden. though would they get ported i don't know i think it dumb that some haven't been ported over because its free money if you do digital only ports. Also I don't get why some of the GTA games or the original red dead hasn't been ported over yeah they might not get the online factors but you would get the fact that people want to play these games on the go shoot i would love to have GTA V on my switch as I love playing it on my PS3. But with 2K getting all cozy with the switch maybe others will follow.

Insane there's not at least some type of COD port at this point with a 61m install base

Where is this nonsense of microtranactions dont do well on Switch coming from? Reality says this is complete bullcrap! Fortnite and all the free to play games say hello. Overwatch is doing so poorly they went ahead and greenlit Overwatch 2. Also EA announced Apex Legends coming to Switch. Rogue Company was announced in a direct and recently released, which Nintendo timed with their latest direct(Partners showcase).

Some of you need to get out of your gamer bubbles and take a look at reality. Nintendos efforts have failed because they have been terrible to begin with. Kirby isn't a real effort at all but as always the Pokemon franchise will open their eyes. Pokemon Go showed them smartphones games can make money and Pokemon Unite will show the same. Its coming to Switch for a reason.

You all are aware you can use the eshop search function to find out which are the most downloaded games right? Fortnite sits above all else almost all the time. Only Animal crossing gave it trouble for a few weeks and now its back to getting demolished by Fortnite.

Not a power issue as COD came to Wii and DS. It's more just on Activision being Activision. Nothing of value lost any way of them not coming to Switch.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

There are so many Call of Duty games, some with pretty awesome campaigns that would be awesome to see on Switch like Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 2, WW2, World at War and more.
Activision has so many entries in the franchise ranging from PS2 releases right up to Xbox One X releases, so there isn't an excuse why they couldn't take some of those older games and do some re-releases/enhanced releases.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--