By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Animal Crossing NH beat GTAV on PS5 and Series XS

Will it beat the GTAV sales on those consoles?

Yes 31 67.39%

No 14 30.43%

Legend was right 1 2.17%

Total:46

That does not seem very hard for a game that will likely blow past 40M by the end of next year.

Around the Network

How much did it sell on PS4 and XB1?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

axumblade said:
kirby007 said:
Im no Tbone LMAO

*glare* 

On topic, I hope Animal Crossing beats it. It'll be the third generation of GTAV. It's time for GTAVI hopefully. 

Shows how heavy the industry is weighed down by old ports when GTAV will be on a third generation. Ugh. I'm fine with Wii U ports to Switch because nobody freakin bought the Wii U, but the proliferation of just bringing old games to the next gen as a cash grab is in general gross to me. But I guess in an industry where it now takes tens of millions of dollars to make a new game companies have to rely on just putting out the same game gen after gen to afford their new games.

Well I mean both systems are backwards compatible, so unless they give people a major reason to rebuy (which hopefully they don't), I think AC will take it.

Major Switch Titles Launch Aligned

2021 predictions:

• Switch - 27m
  • PS5 - 15.5m
  • Xbox Series - 10m

huh just realized this is the only gen without a GTA game. considering all previous gen had multiple entries.. whats more even crazy that, rockstar made bucket load of cash on ps4 and xbox by selling a port, thus giving them the flexibilty of not making another one for a while, considering a 7 year old port is still doing the sales number that a new AAA would kill to have.. this is just sad.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
How much did it sell on PS4 and XB1?

Numbers for GTA V on PS4 are around 20 million.

For Xbox one around 9 million. 

Although animal crossing won't outsell gta5 combined on all platforms. It wil outsell it on PS4 + xbone.

Ps5 + Xbox series should be no problem.

What's crazy is that animal crossing nh outsold every game ever released on a single PlayStation or Xbox platform. It did so in just over 3 months.

Think for yourself, question authority

A lot of people still play GTA V Online, the game is still top 5 most played on XB1 alongside popular F2P games like Fortnite, CoD Warzone, and Destiny 2. So I would expect GTA V will keep on selling well on next gen, especially since GTA 6 probably isn’t releasing until 2023 or 2024. GTA V might just beat Animal Crossing.

PS3 + 360 = ~35m

PS4 + XBO + PC = ~100m

Considering the game continues to be in the top sellers each week despite being 6 years old on PS4/XBO.... I can see the PS5/XSX versions selling many copies also.

25m should be the minimum expected for the next-gen release. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if it sells over 40m maybe even 50m on next-gen systems.

Barkley said:

PS3 + 360 = ~35m

PS4 + XBO + PC = ~100m

Considering the game continues to be in the top sellers each week despite being 6 years old on PS4/XBO.... I can see the PS5/XSX versions selling many copies also.

25m should be the minimum expected for the next-gen release. TBH it wouldn't surprise me if it sells over 40m maybe even 50m on next-gen systems.

Well since it won't reach 40 million on current gen consoles. Why would you assume gtaV to sell 40 million+ on next gen platforms? That just won't happen, no matter how strong the game performs overall. 

So to answer the question of the op. No, gtaV on next gen consoles won't outsell animal crossing NH. Even current gen won't outsell it. 

Think for yourself, question authority

abroZ said:
Barkley said:

PS3 + 360 = ~35m

PS4 + XBO + PC = ~100m

Well since it won't reach 40 million on current gen consoles. Why would you assume gtaV to sell 40 million+ on next gen platforms? That just won't happen, no matter how strong the game performs overall. 

So to answer the question of the op. No, gtaV on next gen consoles won't outsell animal crossing NH. Even current gen won't outsell it. 

???

It's absolutley sold well over 40m on current-gen consoles.... lol.

PS4 + XBO + PC have sold about 100m combined... did you not read? Or are you assuming PC sales are 65m+?