By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Powerful explosion in Beirut

John2290 said:
Moren said:

This is a disgusting and despicable post.

If you say so but i suppose I should add some context. The currency is worthless, the government is on the verge of collapse and there is a pandemic so no one can help.

And completely all hypothetical as there is zero evidence to support your assertions.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
If it was Monsanto's Ammonium Nitrate, then they might have to pay for the dommages done, the Prime Minister of Lebanon already told reporters that the owners will have to pay. That might just be enough to break it's neck.

Lol, you really think Monsanto is going to pay a single cent on this? They will probably push the blame to some sub-contractor if they get blamed at all. Accountability is not really something mega corporations do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

John2290 said:
Moren said:

This is a disgusting and despicable post.

If you say so but i suppose I should add some context. The currency is worthless, the government is on the verge of collapse and there is a pandemic so no one can help.

And yet again you go and use your extremely superficial knowledge for conspiracy theories completely ignoring how the world actually works because it has a lot more working parts than you could ever process. Just sit this one out.

And while you sit around have a little read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_razor

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

John2290 said:
Pemalite said:

And completely all hypothetical as there is zero evidence to support your assertions.

They aren't assertions, it was one thing I said i was wondering about, the three things I mentioned there are in fact all true though. 

The "I gotta wonder though, is it an inside job to get some international aid into the country. The timing seems suspicious. " - Is an assertion. - And there is absolutely zero facts, evidence or anything else to back it up.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

The government should be held responsible, fkn idiots. Who stores shit like that without proper maintenance..

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
The government should be held responsible, fkn idiots. Who stores shit like that without proper maintenance..

There are lots of dangerous materials stored all over the world, most of which are strictly regulated and protected and most of them in storage facilities of private companies. The best protection is useless against human error.

You're making pretty big leaps here first assuming the government is responsible and second that there wasn't proper protection.

2020 doesnt stop to be a disaster. Apparently ammonium nitrate is a very powerful explosive. As far as I read, more than 70 people are dead, more than 3000 injured.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

KratosLives said:

Thats a big one yes, however the worse one is.... who stores that in a port area, thats important to the economy of the nation?
Who stores that, near residential area's? Stupid placement of dangerous compounds.

~100 dead, and ~4000 wounded.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 05 August 2020

Horrible explosion. Seems like this shit was stored there since 2013 just because of some ship which had too many defects to continue. 

And what a surprise that Trump already mentioned it could have been a bomb/attack...

crissindahouse said:

Horrible explosion. Seems like this shit was stored there since 2013 just because of some ship which had too many defects to continue. 

And what a surprise that Trump already mentioned it could have been a bomb/attack...

Lets not turn this into a US politics discussion? I personally thought that looked like an missil/bomb attack because of the magnitude of the explosion. Pretty sure I wasn't the only one.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1