By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When did you join VGChartz, and what made you join?

When did you join?

This year 1 2.27%

2019-2018 2 4.55%

2017-2016 8 18.18%

2015-2014 7 15.91%

2013-2012 2 4.55%

2011-2010 5 11.36%

2009-2008 11 25.00%

2007 or earlier 8 18.18%

Total:44

Joined the VGC discord first, roughly a year later, everyone was telling me to join. Which I regrettably did and boom, here I am. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

Around the Network

I follow the webpage since 2012. I've always been kinda nerdy and loved numbers. Indeed I become a chart-freak long before starting to playing games again

However, without actively gaming my interest in sales didn't last as long as my interest of sales of music, mangas and box office

Things changed around 2015 I think, when I got 3DS. But I was much more a casual player, didn't have enough money, nor enough time to play. As times passed, I was spending more and more time gaming (thanks god, I finished under-graduation)

But the reason I've never joined here is because I've genuinely never realized there was a forum in first place, at least not before 2018. Or, if I realized, I didn't know enough english before 2016, so maybe never saw the point?

Anyway, when I am new to something I have a certain inferiority complex that blocks me from interacting with other people. And gamers are particularly known to be toxic and cruel to newbies

After over a year lurking here I decided it was time to give the forum a try just because I don't have anyone else to talk about games. So far I'm enjoying, you guys are a really nice community, and inspired me to find other gaming online forums/communities to interact

John2290 said:

Been here since the day the ps3 parody song dropped on Youtube, How to kill a brand (or maybe it was "the 360 song) It was mid 2007. Lurked for years, finally joined in 2013 and only started regularly posting in 2015.

I still remember early 7th gen so damn well. Esp those memes. Sony you went wrong,How to kill your brand. Chad Warden. Wii60. I have 3 PS3's

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
John2290 said:

Been here since the day the ps3 parody song dropped on Youtube, How to kill a brand (or maybe it was "the 360 song) It was mid 2007. Lurked for years, finally joined in 2013 and only started regularly posting in 2015.

I still remember early 7th gen so damn well. Esp those memes. Sony you went wrong,How to kill your brand. Chad Warden. Wii60. I have 3 PS3's

Don't forget:

When I shockingly discovered the Wii was outselling the PS3. I googled it and was sent here.

When I got here, I saw that someone had purchased Ape Escape 2 and got the terrible Ape Escape Pumped and Primed instead. I had the exact same experience so I had to comment

Around the Network

Joined after about a year of lurking. There were a couple of atrocious "alternatives" to this site as well and the consoles wars were really raging. There were a lot of interesting and exciting things happening in the industry and the discussions were heated and long, users were pouring in from all sides and nations. I joined for the discussions and the drama; stayed for the love and insights. Being a member here for so many years has taught me a lot and I've spoken with a lot of really interesting people over the years. The mod team was amazing when I joined them a few years back (they still are but I don't know these guys as well without the chats etc.).

I was reading in 2009-2010, all I wanted to know about was the sales. After reading the forums a ton, certain fanboys had to be proven wrong so I joined. My purported nemeses left the site by now, and some of them weren't so bad after all.

Found this place in late 2006 or early 2007 because some sites used the data to report the sales from consoles, and I prefer getting the info from the original source.

Lurked until 2008 because there was a change in the site, every week we got a... I don't remember if it was a thread orsomething else were we got the 200 best selling games of the week, but suddently the rules changed and only the first page with the top 50 were available to everybody, you had to be a member of the site to see the rest. I resisted the temptation for a while, but ended up joining a few months later.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Because of Play Station. end thread/

Ioi came to my house, put a gun to my head and forced me back in 2007