By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When did you join VGChartz, and what made you join?

When did you join?

This year 1 2.27%

2019-2018 2 4.55%

2017-2016 8 18.18%

2015-2014 7 15.91%

2013-2012 2 4.55%

2011-2010 5 11.36%

2009-2008 11 25.00%

2007 or earlier 8 18.18%

Total:44

Wanted to poll this and see what the forum's demographics are as far as long term veterans, relative newcomers, and everything in between.

I joined in 2010, but was a lurker in 2009. Ultimately joined because I got tired of sitting on the sidelines of discussions that I really wanted to take part in, mostly regarding the Wii's success.

How about you, and bonus question, what made you join?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 July 2020

Around the Network

Technically, it's the join date in my profile, but I really committed to the site a few days later when I fell in love with Vgchartzgirl.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Well it says under our avatars.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Well it says under our avatars.

I know, I wanted to see the results in a poll though to quantify the stats.

Bonus question added; what was it that made you decide to sign up?

Around the Network

What compelled me to join, as I have mentioned before, was to tell Squilliam to SHUT. UP. After that it was all Vgchartzgirl.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I think i used the term "wii sales numbers" i would visit weekly for the newest chart made an account to chat lolita up and mess with kwaad

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I've had this account since early 2016 tho I've been lurking the site since... I dunno, 2014 maybe. Sales figures discussions and such was an appealing subject... at the time.
I decided to finally join because someone said in a post Suikoden was overrated and i was not gonna have it.

2018, I saw a really stupid post and had to make an account to reply and then backed out right before hitting post

I created my account in 2009, but didn't really used it until 2015, I think.

I discovered VG Chartz because of Wikipedia. I used to check PS3, 360 and Wii sales there, then one day I clicked the link to the source and found out this site.