Forums - General Discussion - When did you join VGChartz, and what made you join?

When did you join?

This year 1 2.27%

2019-2018 2 4.55%

2017-2016 8 18.18%

2015-2014 7 15.91%

2013-2012 2 4.55%

2011-2010 5 11.36%

2009-2008 11 25.00%

2007 or earlier 8 18.18%

Total:44

Wanted to poll this and see what the forum's demographics are as far as long term veterans, relative newcomers, and everything in between.

I joined in 2010, but was a lurker in 2009. Ultimately joined because I got tired of sitting on the sidelines of discussions that I really wanted to take part in, mostly regarding the Wii's success.

How about you, and bonus question, what made you join?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network

Technically, it's the join date in my profile, but I really committed to the site a few days later when I fell in love with Vgchartzgirl.

Chinese food for breakfast

Well it says under our avatars.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Well it says under our avatars.

I know, I wanted to see the results in a poll though to quantify the stats.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Bonus question added; what was it that made you decide to sign up?

Around the Network

Been here since the day the ps3 parody song dropped on Youtube, How to kill a brand (or maybe it was "the 360 song) It was mid 2007. Lurked for years, finally joined in 2013 and only started regularly posting in 2015.

Last edited by John2290 - on 30 July 2020

China Numba wan!!

What compelled me to join, as I have mentioned before, was to tell Squilliam to SHUT. UP. After that it was all Vgchartzgirl.

Chinese food for breakfast

I think i used the term "wii sales numbers" i would visit weekly for the newest chart made an account to chat lolita up and mess with kwaad

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I've had this account since early 2016 tho I've been lurking the site since... I dunno, 2014 maybe. Sales figures discussions and such was an appealing subject... at the time.
I decided to finally join because someone said in a post Suikoden was overrated and i was not gonna have it.

2018, I saw a really stupid post and had to make an account to reply and then backed out right before hitting post