By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronaverse: When was your last haircut?

When did you last get your hair did?

No hair, don't care 1 2.78%

sometime in 2019 4 11.11%

January 2020 3 8.33%

February 2020 6 16.67%

March 2020 1 2.78%

April 2020 3 8.33%

May 2020 2 5.56%

June 2020 4 11.11%

July 2020 12 33.33%

Is this really a thread/p... 0 0%

Total:36

I've been cutting my own hair for years now. So, my most recent haircut was done myself within the past month. I couldn't say the last time I went to a professional.  

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

Inspired by the "What was the last movie you saw in the theater" I bring you an equally intruiging thread about your grooming habits.  For some of us this thread may not even apply, whether because you don't have sufficient hair that would need to be cut, or you keep your hair trimmed on the regular with clippers or razor.  For those of us with hair (mind you, I've certainly got a SPOT where I could use a whole lot more), that forest is becoming increasingly dense, shaggy, curly, obnoxious, etc.

So how long has it been for you?  Did you get a haircut right as the lockdown began, knowing you'd need to last a good while?  Did you get your haircut during your region's soft open for such services?  Are you in one of those blessed places where such things as haircuts aren't a luxury (and if so, are there certain precautions the barbers and stylists are employing to keep you and themselves safe)?  

Personally, it has been 6 months since my last haircut.  Typically speaking I don't go more than 3 months without having one as the sides of my hair start to look poofy, my neckline grows at a weird angle, and most importantly, I start getting this obnoxious curl in the back.  While my hair is mostly straight, when I grow out the mullet (which I haven't done since 1990) the back gets all curly and wavy.  Right now I'm in that Albert Einstein, crazy homeless man stage of things, which is certainly awkward as I operate a furniture store and I fear I may be scaring away some customers.

Anyway, I'm not sure when I'll try to get it cut.  It's not worth putting myself at risk in a salon, but I may have to seek out the resources of a friend with some skills soon. What about you?  If you haven't gotten it cut yet, where do you draw the line?  Or are you taking this as your moment to go full hippy and let it all hang out.

Bonus question: Do you color your hair (this might just be for the ladies, I don't know), and if so, have you opened up the box dye yet or are you going natural?

Thanks for the shoutout to my "what was the last movie you saw in a theater" thread though!

From a hairdresser? 2001 at the latest.

I use clippers and usually around a 3 or 4 guard. Few years ago my clippers of 18 years went bad so I upgraded to Wahl clippers which are pretty good. I actually went to barber 8 months ago for first time in almost two decades to get a proper fade but don't think I'll go back. I'll just stick to 4 guard all the way around. Usually grow hair till gets poofy then buzz.

A few weeks ago, my mother usually cut my hair

Around the Network

Just recently, though I only did it because it's been over a year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Normally get my haircut every 4-6 months, and i'm not one to get the back and sides shaved with a zero blade and leave the top trimmed. Get my GF to do it for me anyway as the barbers try to get me to get the 'turkish cut' which I dislike. They encourage this as it requires every 3-4 week upkeep and I ain't got time to be sitting in a barbers once a bloody month.  For me it was February 2020 so i'm due that cut, but I normally get the sides shaved with number 2 and a number 4 on top/back.

Last edited by TheFallen - on 30 July 2020

March 8. I had an appointment for a job offering the day after, so I wanted to look as good as I could. At the end of that week, Hairdressers closed down, so it was really just in time!

June 2020

Professionally, in May. And then 3 weeks ago, woke up in a bad mood and cut my fringe. Yes, I regretted it 5 minutes after. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem