By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 - Customisable snap-On / Snap Off - Wings (side panels)

Looking forwards to swapping the colours of the PS5?

Yes! 16 76.19%

I love the white/black combo, so no! 5 23.81%

Total:21

Did you hate the white/black combo of the PS5?
Did you wish it was available in a full black? matted grey? or had custom characters or logos on them?

It looks like your in luck!

Remember the "PS5 will be the most ‘customizable’ PlayStation ever" - sony exec quote ?

This is why.

From Twitter (pictures of wings leaked):

https://www.ccn.com/ps5-most-customizable-console-ever/

"While still unconfirmed, the pictures could confirm speculation that Sony,
is gearing up to launch the PS5 in multiple special editions sporting various colors."

So thoughts?
Anyone hyped about being able to buy differnt colours or skins for your PS5?
So far its just a rumor (if we discount the picture of these side panels), but its likely true.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 29 July 2020

Around the Network

Now we talking!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Full black, please! Was hoping for something like this.

Nice! Really want a custom design or limited edition one. Brings me back to the OG Xbox 360 faceplate days.

So why does that picture hint to replacable "side plates" instead of just an additional black model with black dual sense?

P.S.: Okay, didn't see the additional twitter pix at first.

Around the Network

My PS5 should stay in the shadows cause screen needs all my focus,full black it is !

I have wanted faceplates to return since 360 dropped them. I think I said in this forum I want them to return. Glad to see.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

This has me wondering about the PS5 controller as well.
Maybe those 3 parts in white, can be clipped off as well, and replaced with other parts in differnt colours as well?

JRPGfan said:
This has me wondering about the PS5 controller as well.
Maybe those 3 parts in white, can be clipped off as well, and replaced with other parts in differnt colours as well?

Well, it would be possible with strong magnets. I love the magnetic battery covers of my oculus touch controllers:

View on YouTube

But probably they just offer different colored controllers instead.

Nice, there will be less floppy side panels available soon.