By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How satisfied are you with the graphics of the games of the current generation?

How tolerant are you with the possibility of graphic stagnation?

Intolerant. Wouldn't buy ... 8 13.33%

Tolerant, but very unsati... 5 8.33%

Tolerant. Would support i... 26 43.33%

Very Tolerant, don't care... 21 35.00%

Total:60

I'm particularly very satisfied. It's really nice to have high-fidelity graphic games, but I'm also very into more cartoonish/animated looked games, it's so refreshing to see something more aesthetically artistic and unconventional looking. Games, like animation, can break budget barriers and constraints that live action movies suffer when creating fantastic sets and characters so I'm really here to support fantasy over high-fidelity

Of course, fantasy and dream-like games can be better designed with a more powerful machine, but when I look gorgeous games like the The Last of Us, Final Fantasy VII RE and Ghost of Tsushima I can say that I wouldn't mind if graphic evolution become secondary to priorize things like:

- Bigger and more interactive maps

- More detailed, landscaped and designed open-world adventures

- Higher and more stable frame-rate

- More In-Engine cutscenes

- Less linearity, let the player input give a greater impact in the story progression 

Around the Network

Pretty impressive overall.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm well happy. Almost exactly 3 years ago, I went back and played Dishonoured on the PS3 and not only did I love the game, but thought it looked really nice too. Not that I don't notice and appreciate the difference between a late gen third party PS3 game like Dishonoured, and an early gen third party PS4 game like, say, Wolfenstein.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 24 July 2020

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I’m very impressed with games i’ve played during the last 12 months on my PS4 Pro like Days Gone, God of War, Marvel’s Spiderman, Uncharted Collection, The Last of Us Remastered, Ratchet & Clank, Horizon Zero Dawn, Rise of The Tomb Raider and Detroit Become Human.

Can’t wait to play The Last of Us Part 2 and Ghost of Tsushima very soon and see the evolution in those.

Graphics are great, I just wish framerates were a bit higher.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Barkley said:

Yeah, I really don't care about anything beyond PS4 graphically, it's just a bonus at this point. But I do hope 30fps games become a thing of the past eventually.

I don't have anything against games that run at 30FPS, just don't let them drop below that, which is actually the real problem, games that have irregular frame rates. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
mZuzek said:

Yeah, I really don't care about anything beyond PS4 graphically, it's just a bonus at this point. But I do hope 30fps games become a thing of the past eventually.

I don't have anything against games that run at 30FPS, just don't let them drop below that, which is actually the real problem, games that have irregular frame rates. 

I think it's depends on the game. Many games works really fine at 30 FPS, but racing games, for example, are noticeably better at 60 FPS

IcaroRibeiro said:
Metallox said:

I think it's depends on the game. Many games works really fine at 30 FPS, but racing games, for example, are noticeably better at 60 FPS

And some games are just better at delivering an experience at 30fps, I don't know whether it's to do with the correct use of blur on camera movement but even among games that are all a consistent 30fps in the same genre some feel smoother than others.

CTR Nitro Fueled is a pretty good example of a game that's 30fps but still feels smooth.

Halo infinite looks great .

OT: I play mainly Switch adn still feel satisfied with it. I think most players are.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

mZuzek said:
Barkley said:

That's what has frustrated me most out of PS4 graphics, and the far weaker Switch. So many games have really good or amazing graphics, but they're locked at 30 FPS. 

I didn't need Super Mario Odyssey at 60 FPS, but I'm glad we got it. I really wish Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Marvel's Spider-Man were 60 FPS. 

You could make graphics only slightly better on PS5 and Xbox Series X, but if most games ran 2160p/60fps I would have few complaints.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima