By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima: 2.4 million units sold through globally in its first 3 days of sales

Tagged games:

John2290 said:
BraLoD said:

Probably won't come close to TLoU2.

This could rise like HZD did and TLOU2 could slow down quite a bit yet, I know you don't like to hear it but the casuals have spoken on that one and they hold the true selling power, we are ants compared to them.

Heavenly_King said:
BraLoD said:

Horizon sold 10M; this game can do it too.  I doubt TLOU2 reaches 10M

I wasn't near as hyped for TLOU2, but more so because I had already assumed it would be undeniably the best of the gen hands down. Even with everything that's going on with that game itself, it could still certainly hit 10M, though it won't be as easy as it could have been on it's own. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if TLOU2 get's bundled with PS4 this holiday or even PS5 eventually, which will help to boost overall sales.

I agree, as I get the feeling GoT is going to have legs based on what I'm seeing. It could very well end up slowly catching on and rising to heights like HZD did. If it's properly enhanced on PS5, that could really give it a major boost.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
BraLoD said:

Already near 7 million sold without a price cut and you think it wont reach 10 million?

Heavenly_King said:
BraLoD said:

I look forward to the next update on TLOU2 sales, so that the insane idea that it will drop like a rock will go away. Ghost could certainly have better legs, but TLOU 2 opened with 4m sales, it will be at over 10m by the end of the year.

I'm honestly a little surprised it did above Days Gone. Granted, it doesn't sound like much, but still. I shouldn't be, because Playstation exclusives keep breaking records left and right. But Days Gone just seems like it has bigger mainstream appeal. Then again, Days Gone had very good legs, so I suppose it's still possible it outsels GoT in the long run. I won't make a bet on that either way.

John2290 said:
Holy shit, this is recreation of the real Tsushima island, I was sure they'd take liberties but they took the shape and worked within it. I gotta wonder how faithful it is.

It is faithful to japanese made samurai-cinema, but it takes many liberties with the type of combat/weapons/warrior code etc was present during the real invasion. Not sure how faithful they were when recreating the island itself, but going by trailers they have several biomes etc, which might not all exist on a small island.

Around the Network
vonny said:
Heavenly_King said:

Already near 7 million sold without a price cut and you think it wont reach 10 million?

Sony made a new pr statement regarding TLOU2 sales figure??

The sales are great and the game is fantastic and deserving. This is probably the best year in gaming I ever seen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ghost of Tsushima is wonderful and the sales figures fantastic : D My Game of the Year!

A Dream for Samurai, Open World and Singleplayer/Story-Fans :)

its my game of the year for sure,
last of us 2 and this will clash for supremacy at least for me haha

animal crossing: horizon
doom: eternal
ff7 remake
tlou part 2
ghost of tsushima
nioh2
half life: alyx
ori and the will of the wisp
dreams

are the worthy contenders of 2020 so far!