By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima: 2.4 million units sold through globally in its first 3 days of sales

Tagged games:

Anyone know unit sold for Death Stranding?

Around the Network

Fantastic sales, deserving as well... congrats, it is a great game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
Whoah, in three days it almost done what Horizon done in two weeks and very nearly Uncharted 4 in one week. MC really is pointless i guess and it's all down to marketing and word of mouth, It's time to stop putting MC score goals in devs contracts.

The install base is a lot higher than it was when UC4 and HZD released. Not to take anything away from GOT, but it's worth mentioning.

M.U.S.H.A 

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

GOTY 2020!!! it is fantastic!!

Excellent. I'm hoping Sony expand the SuckerPunch team and they start work on a sequel for PS5. This generation has been nothing short of incredible for a blend of new and existing IP from Sony and importantly the games also sold very well, ensuring sequels and the future of those studios. I'm curious how Days Gone preformed and if they will continue with that IP.

Around the Network

Sucker Punch started the generation off great and are ending it on a high note!

I hope Sony gives us an update on software sales for their first party.

John2290 said:
Dallinor said:
Excellent. I'm hoping Sony expand the SuckerPunch team and they start work on a sequel for PS5. This generation has been nothing short of incredible for a blend of new and existing IP from Sony and importantly the games also sold very well, ensuring sequels and the future of those studios. I'm curious how Days Gone preformed and if they will continue with that IP.

Days gone done pretty badly judging by the reluctance to put out figures. 

it actually has done really well. But for some reason Sony is not going to do some news about it.  According some industry insiders it has sold a lot.

Sony most probably is not saying anything to help the game to continue to sell; because if they say something; "some" media will say "outrageous; how a game with a white heterosexual male protagonist can sell on this day and age" Just like some reviews said. LOL

Last edited by Heavenly_King - on 24 July 2020

Heavenly_King said:
John2290 said:

Days gone done pretty badly judging by the reluctance to put out figures. 

it actually has done really well. But for some reason Sony is not going to do some news about it.  According some industry insiders it has sold a lot.

Sony most probably is not saying anything to help the game to continue to sell; because if they say something; "some" media will say "outrageous; how a game with a white heterosexual male protagonist can sell on this day and age" Just like some reviews said. LOL

Even before I reached your comment, as I was scrolling through your post towards it, the "white male protag" angle was bouncing around my head as a possible reason for Sony's lack of coverage. Not saying it IS the reason, but it wouldn't surprised me. And yes, the gin-soaked muffin-heads at Kotaku and IGN did bring up the "issue" on their sites.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

axumblade said:
If that's the case then they should take Spiderman, God of War, Uncharted 4 out of the list as well....

Yes, absolutely. I'm just musing here. However, those are all well established franchises. Uncharted is the baby among them, and it has 6 games and 13 years of history behind it. Maybe Sony wants to go in a new direction, or shutter it entirely, and are low-key allowing it to fade away. And just to be clear, I'm not saying this is what's happening, but Sony's silence on Days Gone is absolutely bizarre. Any thoughts as to why it isn't being given the same amount of praise from the company that published it as has been given to it's contemporaries?

Last edited by COKTOE - on 24 July 2020

Well GoT definitely blew away Infamous numbers. Looks like Sucker Punch just leveled up.