By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171
kirby007 said:
John2290 said:

Idk tbh, maybe it's the size of the screen but when you up it to 4k it just shows how much it's lacking visually. I don't get it and can't put my finger on what the problem is here, maybe it's the environment or the lighting... Why does it look like a Doom 2016 remaster?

Stop look as screenshots or freezed frames it looks fine in motion

I saw it in motion. It was lackluster. I saw it at 1080p but I'm going with John here. I have no interest in watching a better version. There is no way its gona look more impressive.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

Before the show, I was considering getting a Series X one day. After the show, I think I will wait a year or two.

There is actual pop up in Halo Infinite...so much for the SSD eliminating the issue.

I went in thinking Halo would be epic and everything else, on average, mediocre. I left thinking Halo was mediocre and everything else was, on average, quite epic. 8/10?

I rly had to make account even tho i watch this site for a long time.
I guess ppl here dont get Halo. Halo never was about cutting edge graphic, is was always about art style and gameplay, and both of these are nailed in Infinite. This just show that a lot of ppl here either never played Halo or they just cant accept the fact that Halo is not made by Bungie anymore(man when i say this it feels like 2011 and e3 ). And ppl rly shouldnt compare Halo to games like The Last of Us since these games are like night and day. TLU , you will play and finish once or twice and most likely will never touch it again, since once you finish the game and know the story its not the same, while games like Halo, Gears of War or Sonys games like Ratchet and Clank, Infamous are still fun to play even after 5-6 or more playthrough because they have great gameplay.
For me this is 5/10 since outside of Halo and Fable i have no intrest in the rest of A and AA MS games. Avowed have potencial but we know nothing about that.

Last edited by Srex117 - on 23 July 2020

Around the Network

6 I guess.

I've been leaning towards either buying an XBox One S or Series X/Lockhart depending on the price. This didn't make me like OMG NOW I DEFINITELY WANT ONE but it definitely pushed me further in that direction.

I get that some people wanted to be blown away by next gen stuff, but that's just not MS's strategy right now. Their goal is to get as many people invested in their ecosystem, which is increasingly becoming centered on Gamepass. Viewed in that light, I think it was an effective showcase.

6/10 but I think most of the games they showed off will be good. The reason the score is low is because I thought the pacing was shit with all those dev interviews and a lot of the trailers did a bad job of selling their games.

wombat123 said:
6/10 but I think most of the games they showed off will be good. The reason the score is low is because I thought the pacing was shit with all those dev interviews and a lot of the trailers did a bad job of selling their games.

I watched hours later due to a long car ride and I guess I benefited from that. I skipped the interview stuff and went right to the world premiers lol.

8/10, good show overall. Only had some minor gripes with Halo Infinite and the lack of gameplay from any of the newly announced games (Fable, Forza Motorsport, Avowed)

I gave PS5 a 7, I'll give this one an 8. Neither showed much next gen gameplay or much of anything that looked particularly impressive. But Halo looked phenomenal. Plus other games that even if we only saw a trailer, I know they will appeal to me. Obsidian RPG, Outer World DLC, new State of Decay, Fable, Hellblade, Gears Tactics, etc.

Just as with the PS5 event, I am surprised by how little gameplay there was. I am not expecting many of MS's studios to have AAA games out any time soon, most of the studios they signed are either just coming off a pre-buyout game or are still working on them. Maybe with development costs getting higher and COVID wreaking havoc we are seeing why MS and Sony are relying so much more on timed third party exclusive content at the start of the gen. It looks like the launch window software from both will be very slim.