Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 8 4.71%

9 11 6.47%

8 32 18.82%

7 19 11.18%

6 35 20.59%

5 24 14.12%

4 19 11.18%

3 11 6.47%

2 7 4.12%

1 4 2.35%

Total:170
John2290 said:
I watched Infinite gameplay again on my 4k TV and it looks even worse, I feel embarrassed for 343.

I was at work so I had to watch at 1080p. You telling me that I should avoid the 4k version when I get home? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
John2290 said:
I watched Infinite gameplay again on my 4k TV and it looks even worse, I feel embarrassed for 343.

I was at work so I had to watch at 1080p. You telling me that I should avoid the 4k version when I get home? 

Idk tbh, maybe it's the size of the screen but when you up it to 4k it just shows how much it's lacking visually. I don't get it and can't put my finger on what the problem is here, maybe it's the environment or the lighting... Why does it look like a Doom 2016 remaster?

China Numba wan!!

John2290 said:
eva01beserk said:

Idk tbh, maybe it's the size of the screen but when you up it to 4k it just shows how much it's lacking visually. I don't get it and can't put my finger on what the problem is here, maybe it's the environment or the lighting... Why does it look like a Doom 2016 remaster?

Stop look as screenshots or freezed frames it looks fine in motion

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
John2290 said:

I saw it in motion. It was lackluster. I saw it at 1080p but I'm going with John here. I have no interest in watching a better version. There is no way its gona look more impressive.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

kirby007 said:
John2290 said:

Nah it doesn't, it looks bland and uninteresting, the surroundings looks pretty bad and the grass while the assests don't look like they fit in the world. It all looks so inconsistent and graphically weak.

China Numba wan!!

Around the Network

Before the show, I was considering getting a Series X one day. After the show, I think I will wait a year or two.

There is actual pop up in Halo Infinite...so much for the SSD eliminating the issue.

8/10

I'm sold on Halo Infinite's campaign. It looked like so much fun, with some huge, expansive levels and an excellent art style that hearkens back to old-school Bungie-era Halo. This game alone is why I'm buying an XSX at launch.

The rest of the showcase was decent. While there wasn't anything that got me super-excited, at the very least MS is showing that they really are trying to have more than just Halo, Forza, and Gears, even if those are their biggest IPs. They've been expanding their in-house output and it shows.

I went in thinking Halo would be epic and everything else, on average, mediocre. I left thinking Halo was mediocre and everything else was, on average, quite epic. 8/10?

I rly had to make account even tho i watch this site for a long time.
I guess ppl here dont get Halo. Halo never was about cutting edge graphic, is was always about art style and gameplay, and both of these are nailed in Infinite. This just show that a lot of ppl here either never played Halo or they just cant accept the fact that Halo is not made by Bungie anymore(man when i say this it feels like 2011 and e3 ). And ppl rly shouldnt compare Halo to games like The Last of Us since these games are like night and day. TLU , you will play and finish once or twice and most likely will never touch it again, since once you finish the game and know the story its not the same, while games like Halo, Gears of War or Sonys games like Ratchet and Clank, Infamous are still fun to play even after 5-6 or more playthrough because they have great gameplay.
For me this is 5/10 since outside of Halo and Fable i have no intrest in the rest of A and AA MS games. Avowed have potencial but we know nothing about that.

Last edited by Srex117 - on 23 July 2020