By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171
goopy20 said:

GP is great value if you look at the sheer number of games you can play for $1, compared to buying one $60 at retail. No one is arguing those numbers here.

Most people don't pay $1. That is a promo entry fee for new subscribers. And it's typical for services like these when they start up. But why would you have to pay $60 at retail for a GamePass game? You just said it's A/AA games and duds.

goopy20 said:

What I'm saying is focusing only on GP at the expense of selling a next gen console isn't consumer friendly at all. In fact its anti-early adopters friendly for those who are excited about Series X and are willing to splash out $600 to play next gen games.

Like plenty of people here have told you for months, you're going to take any and every strategy Microsoft uses and shit on it. Absolutely no one is surprised to see you say that GamePass is not consumer friendly and is even "anti early adopter".

For starters, what a stupid comment, anti early adopter. The act of being an early adopter itself is an action you take knowing full well you're going to get the short end of the stick. A vast majority of people who buy PS5 and XSX will do so with better, cheaper hardware and a better game selection than early adopters. Lastly, did you miss the event? Everything they showed was coming day one to GamePass IIRC, but more importantly, most of it was skipping Xbox One. Isn't this what you said you have been so angry about? And yet you still seem at odds with them. Strange.

goopy20 said:
Like I've been raving on about for the last months, Xbox One isn't the only thing that'll hold Series X back. All Series X games also have to run on the average gaming pc, and assuming its real, the 4Tflops Lockhart.

And we've been correcting you for months and showing how little you know about PC hardware, etc.

goopy20 said:

I honestly expected that I had to upgrade my pc for next gen but even the MS games, that are skipping current gen, will run fine on my modest GTX1060. On one hand its great that I don't have to upgrade, but its also why everything they showed looks so underwhelming.

Why would you need to upgrade right away? That's a solid card, depending on which one you have. With a large amount of RAM you'd be fine playing either consoles games.

goopy20 said:
Hell, I am already playing Ori in 1440p and 120fps right now.

goopy20 said:
So yeah, MS is seriously lacking that next gen thrill that typically comes at the start of a new console generation.

If you feel that way about MS then you surely feel that way about Sony, who is launching with a Spider-Man expansion.

goopy20 said:

Now, why would MS focus on A or AA games? Because its working for them. Look at the list of most popular games on GP and this is what you'll see. 

• Recore
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • State of Decay 2
  • Disneyland adventures
  • Gears Tactics
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Ori

What alternate universe are you pulling this list from, lol.

goopy20 said:

AA or A games doesn't mean it has to suck, though. I love Ori, Gears Tactics and am looking forward to playing Grounded. But would I have bought them at full retail price, and are those really the kind of games that will push console sales? Of course not. They are low risk, high output games that are perfect for keeping people subscribed to GP. 

Again you come back with the "well this doesn't mean it has to suck" after you've typed a hundred words shitting on it, lol.

goopy20 said:

Does that mean we won't see any AAA games from ms at all? Honestly, its hard to say when they literally haven't showed us anything. Fable and Avowed could be amazing single player games. But if MS had to choose between a one-time AAA single player experience, or turning them into MMO's that can potentially keep people engaged to GP for months, what do you think they'd pick?

They showed us plenty during the last event. We saw the announcements of more than a few AAA games and if you keep up with what is going on with the devs, you know more is coming.

goopy20 said:
They've already turned the Halo franchise into a GAAS and said that there won't be a new Halo coming... EVER...  

They said there will be no numbered sequels and Infinite will act as a platform.

This is the part where you dig deep for some goopster logic to spin how ten years of support for a game is somehow a bad thing and a negative. We'll be holding our breath in anticipation.

Also you say GAAS as if it's a bad thing. Even Sony has plenty of GAAS experiences this gen and will next gen as well. Too many people are ignorant when it comes to GAAS. There are some bad apples but if done correctly, it's a great way to experience a game and very good for consumers.

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
chakkra said:

Is that how this work over here?

Its because Sony has proven themselves with a ton of generation defining games that sold +10m copies, while MS hasn't had anything to get really excited about since.... well... I can't remember actually. 

Call it bias but its pretty much a given that games like HZW, GOW etc. will look amazing and end up as pretty great games. MS does have some nice studios as well and who knows, maybe they will surprise us. But that is the thing, even the biggest Xbox fan would probably be surprised if State of Decay 3 ends up being a AAA master piece.

You don’t have to be excited. Doesn’t mean games like Forza Horizon 4, Sea of Thieves didn’t reach 15 million players each. How Minecraft is more popular then every PS exclusive combined (and only reached said mega status after the buyout).

Bold: Wanna make a bet? I wager SoD 3 will have a higher metacritic score then Days Gone. Now this could go either way since SoD 2 got in the 60s. Granted it will be years until we see about it but what you say? You can dictate terms of win/loss.

“AA or A games doesn't mean it has to suck, though. I love Ori, Gears Tactics and am looking forward to playing Grounded.” I’m sorry but to me this is gold. You in the Xbox ecosystem. I hope The irony isn’t lost on you that you feel how you feel and MS made you a customer. To anybody that sees this, this is all the proof you need that MSs strategy is genius. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 27 July 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

CGI-Quality said:
chakkra said:

"Games like Horizon, God of War, FF7R, Ghost, TLOU2 and Uncharted 4 were revealed YEARS before they were actually released and they managed to impress despite being early builds. "
- LurkerJ said on this thread

Okay, So let me see if I understand how this works, people here able to bring up Sony games when they put Sony in a good light, but when they do the opposite then it is "hey, guys let's just keep this about Microsoft, okay?" Is that how this work over here?

Why is it wrong to bring up the Killer instinct trailer? I see people here all the time saying that they don't trust Microsoft because of Scalebound, Ryse, Crackdown, etc.

So why are we not able to say that we do not trust Sony because they straight up lied with the Killzone trailer? or with the Ghost of Tsushima gameplay downgrade?

Oh and btw, ONE Sony executive saying something means Sony said it, the same way ONE Microsoft executive saying something means MS said it.

A. Not sure why Killer Instinct was mentioned...

B. Ghost Of Tsushima didn't see any considerable downgrade and I advise watching DF's topic on it.

C. The issue for Killzone was the context, not its existence in the discussion (as hinted at when I said like-for-like). I'm also not sure where I said that discussion had to be an Xbox-only one, rather, stay the course.

Oh, and btw, that executive was corrected a good while before Killzone 2's release (again, a big difference to anything to do with the Halo situation). According to Guerrilla, that trailer was never meant to be included in the Sizzle from the time, but alas, it happened.

If you're interested there's also a good analysis of GOT on NX Gamer. It wasn't really downgraded rather changed artistically.

In any case the call out for Killzone 2 was in bad taste. That was done 15 years ago and not relevant today. Guerilla Games have an amazing track record thereafter in not only matching upon their in-engine trailers but often improving on them.

In 2018 we got with Halo Infinite trailer running on its Slip Space engine (which looked pretty impressive). And the near final product looking nothing like that. Granted there is still time from here, that build and launch.

sales2099 said:

Hey I get it, you have good personal reason to be who you are. The misteps aren’t lost on me either. Doesn’t change you are now jaded and have a more pessimistic view. I chose to be more optimistic

I’m simply seeing them doing things that they never did even at their best (early 360 years). They invest in powerful hardware, which is something I wanted after Xbox One disappointed. Their BC approach is the best in the industry, and I do use that time to time. Carrying forward my library matters to me. Game Pass allows me to play thousands of dollars worth of games for cheap. The trinity appeals to me. And now they have more games in development then they ever had. Far away or not it’s signs of genuine change, regardless of how long I have to wait to play all of them. I don’t need to see gameplay to have 100% faith in Obsidian and Playground. 

And imo, the PC route they taking is genius. For console only gamers this means nothing for obvious reasons. People who game on PC either do so exclusively or have a combination of PS and Nintendo. They have 0 motivation to get a Xbox console. MS found a way to make them Xbox gamers. Even people like Goopy admit to going to play Halo on PC. That alone should tell you something. MS literally is making customers out of haters, adding to their ecosystem. They give them money, even if through Steam, make a Xbox account, and most importantly...give them their precious time instead of playing somewhere else.

So I guess that’s it. We just have a different outlook. That and PS exclusives just don’t appeal to me. I mean KZ and LOU are tempting but the sequels just didn’t do it for me narratively speaking. They hardly offer any multiplayer either which is huge to me. 

That's not optimism, that's delusion. Back when the Xbox One came out and they promised a rejuvenated life cycle after the twilight years of the 360 were barren, THAT's optimism. "Yeah, they did it before, they can do it again!" THAT is optimism. This? 7 years later and STILL no fulfillment on promises? 7 years later and they're still touting 'the most powerful console' yet having nothing to show for it? 7 years later and they STILL haven't been able to launch a new IP or get good games with all the companies they own? 7 years later and we STILL don't have Scalebound? 7 years later and they're STILL Suffering a drought of high quality, high-profile games? 7 years later and they STILL can't bring old franchises back to their glory days?

You're not a fan or a fanatic or a fanboy, you're an abused spouse who won't leave because you've got it in your head this is the only way. Microsoft keeps hurting you and you keep coming back despite all your friends telling you he's abusive. Hell, you even know they're abusive but you have faith they'll get better despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary. Despite all the lies and failures, you still trust them. 

I don't even wanna argue with you anymore. I just feel sorry for you. Especially since it seems even you agree that them going third party would be best for everyone. You said their "PC strategy" is genius. You love Microsoft studios and gamepass, not Xbox. 

MY argument has always been that this presentation and everything in the last 7 years has not led up to having ANY reason to buy an Xbox. You concede that the value is in GamePass and playing the games on PC and have done little to nothing to say the Xbox Itself is a good deal. You're still arguing, even though all your points seem to agree with me. You agree that Microsoft is better not as a console manufacturer but as a game developer, yet you're still getting every jab in that you can any time I criticize the company. You defend Microsoft and the Xbox yet...upon reflection, don't even seem to have faith in the console even after all the nonsense. You're arguing for the console while cheekily avoiding actually making any points about the quality of the console itself.

I guess...when it's all said and done, you accept the Xbox is a lost cause and that Microsoft should focus on making games. 

I think we're done here. 

~Banned.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 July 2020

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
sales2099 said:

Hey I get it, you have good personal reason to be who you are. The misteps aren’t lost on me either. Doesn’t change you are now jaded and have a more pessimistic view. I chose to be more optimistic

I’m simply seeing them doing things that they never did even at their best (early 360 years). They invest in powerful hardware, which is something I wanted after Xbox One disappointed. Their BC approach is the best in the industry, and I do use that time to time. Carrying forward my library matters to me. Game Pass allows me to play thousands of dollars worth of games for cheap. The trinity appeals to me. And now they have more games in development then they ever had. Far away or not it’s signs of genuine change, regardless of how long I have to wait to play all of them. I don’t need to see gameplay to have 100% faith in Obsidian and Playground. 

And imo, the PC route they taking is genius. For console only gamers this means nothing for obvious reasons. People who game on PC either do so exclusively or have a combination of PS and Nintendo. They have 0 motivation to get a Xbox console. MS found a way to make them Xbox gamers. Even people like Goopy admit to going to play Halo on PC. That alone should tell you something. MS literally is making customers out of haters, adding to their ecosystem. They give them money, even if through Steam, make a Xbox account, and most importantly...give them their precious time instead of playing somewhere else.

So I guess that’s it. We just have a different outlook. That and PS exclusives just don’t appeal to me. I mean KZ and LOU are tempting but the sequels just didn’t do it for me narratively speaking. They hardly offer any multiplayer either which is huge to me. 

That's not optimism, that's delusion. Back when the Xbox One came out and they promised a rejuvenated life cycle after the twilight years of the 360 were barren, THAT's optimism. "Yeah, they did it before, they can do it again!" THAT is optimism. This? 7 years later and STILL no fulfillment on promises? 7 years later and they're still touting 'the most powerful console' yet having nothing to show for it? 7 years later and they STILL haven't been able to launch a new IP or get good games with all the companies they own? 7 years later and we STILL don't have Scalebound? 7 years later and they're STILL Suffering a drought of high quality, high-profile games? 7 years later and they STILL can't bring old franchises back to their glory days?

You're not a fan or a fanatic or a fanboy, you're an abused spouse who won't leave because you've got it in your head this is the only way. Microsoft keeps hurting you and you keep coming back despite all your friends telling you he's abusive. Hell, you even know they're abusive but you have faith they'll get better despite all the evidence pointing to the contrary. Despite all the lies and failures, you still trust them. 

I don't even wanna argue with you anymore. I just feel sorry for you. Especially since it seems even you agree that them going third party would be best for everyone. You said their "PC strategy" is genius. You love Microsoft studios and gamepass, not Xbox. 

MY argument has always been that this presentation and everything in the last 7 years has not led up to having ANY reason to buy an Xbox. You concede that the value is in GamePass and playing the games on PC and have done little to nothing to say the Xbox Itself is a good deal. You're still arguing, even though all your points seem to agree with me. You agree that Microsoft is better not as a console manufacturer but as a game developer, yet you're still getting every jab in that you can any time I criticize the company. You defend Microsoft and the Xbox yet...upon reflection, don't even seem to have faith in the console even after all the nonsense. You're arguing for the console while cheekily avoiding actually making any points about the quality of the console itself.

I guess...when it's all said and done, you accept the Xbox is a lost cause and that Microsoft should focus on making games. 

I think we're done here. 

Says you empathize with other gamers. Then calls me deluded. Beautiful. I mean adding 9 studios in 2 years isn’t something you can fake. It’s not hopeful thinking, it’s a certainty based on unprecedented events. 

You misunderstood my PC stance. For console only gamers Xbox has great appeal to me. Xbox studio games aside from exceptions like Minecraft are synonymous with Xbox consoles. For PC Xbox appeals to gamers that won’t buy the console but still interested in Xbox. They expand the brand, that’s a win. GP is synonymous with the Xbox brand so I do see value in all it offers. To me the console, studios, and services are all part of the package. 

I was willing to be more respectful in our dialogue but you just went full personal. You don’t get to tell me why I like a platform or what my tastes are. You feel sorry for me well ditto. You treat MS like a ex girlfriend with a permanent chip on your shoulder. It’s video games we talking here. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Oh yesss.. the abusive spouse analogy and I feel sorry for Xbox fans arguments lol

KiigelHeart said:
Oh yesss.. the abusive spouse analogy and I feel sorry for Xbox fans arguments lol

Totally in line with the Vgchartz forum codes of conduct. Telling Xbox fans they are abused, delusional, and pitied for their preferences. 

I feel/know that Runa wants the best for Xbox but lost spirit vs actually being malicious

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Bold: Wanna make a bet? I wager SoD 3 will have a higher metacritic score then Days Gone. Now this could go either way since SoD 2 got in the 60s. Granted it will be years until we see about it but what you say? You can dictate terms of win/loss.

Can I just say the fact that days gone 71 meta score is the goal to beat while there's multiple users that firmly defends MS games quality when others question it in this thread is quite ironic and hilarious 

Why not atleast aim a little higher and show little more confidence on these games if they are as good as they say it will be XD

J3MD313 said:

Can I just say the fact that days gone 71 meta score is the goal to beat while there's multiple users that firmly defends MS games quality when others question it in this thread is quite ironic and hilarious 

Why not atleast aim a little higher and show little more confidence on these games if they are as good as they say it will be XD

2 reasons. Both are zombie games so it’s semi comparable. I’m not crazy to think Undead Labs is gonna be the next Naughty Dog anytime soon. Second I don’t wanna lose ;) 

If SoD3 is AAA and scores say high 70s or low 80s that’s more then acceptable. More or less in the same meta ballpark as Ghosts of Tsushima. Last I checked GoT meta isn’t stopping the massive amounts of praise. 

This isn’t Obsidian, Playground, or Ninja Theory we talking here. Undead Labs is a underdog right now. This one legit actually needs to prove itself to hang with the big boys. Clarified?