By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171
JRPGfan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So I saw he basically said Halo Infinite needs to be up to par with what Sony is doing visually. But why?

If we agree the game can be successful with those graphics, has the potential to be the best game from 343 and we also recognize its a large scale game being made with Xbox One as the lead, why does it also need to compete with Sony's best visuals?

Last, I'm not gonna argue Halo Infinite looks amazing. But I am also not going to pretend it looks bad. To me it looks like Halo 5's presentation living up to its potential and I like it.

Edit: On a side note, Halo:MCC has been doing amazing on Steam. For fans of the series, its not just about graphics.

Imbrace mediocrity? its all just gamepass filler?

The why, is the same reason you sell a new gen of consoles, in the past.
To make better looking games. You expect if one console maker is going out of their way to make beautifull looking games, their competiton would follow.

As a consumer wouldnt you want that as well?
Whats the point of makeing a ugly looking Halo game? its cheaper? quicker done?

Also halo was supposed to be the game that sold people on getting a xbox series x.
You expected a show peice, that could wow people with its graphics.
Instead you got something that basically looks current gen (like it would look and play the same on the 6TF xbox one x), and makes you question, why get a xbox series x? (ontop of that, I'd argue that theres tons of current gen games that look way better)

"But I am also not going to pretend it looks bad."

Look at the stiff faces, that lack expressions, that make sounds/grunts/speek without their mouths moveing.
Yep... thats just fantastic, model work, doesnt look bad.

If it manages to be a notable Halo game, is it mediocrity? Again, I'm not gonna pretend visuals are everything.

I am not going solely by that screenshot, the gameplay trailer shown is a much better looking game overall. If that screenshot was all we had, I would be more concerned. Hence, I'm looking at everything we've seen thus far and you're looking at a picture to make a point.

If Halo Infinite is supposed to be the game that sells the Series X, then they should get rid of the Xbox One port, PC port, Gamepass and xCloud. No? I already have a Xbox One X and years of Gamepass, I can enjoy this game without a Series X. You aren't looking at the big picture, many are going to have access to it instantly without buying any new hardware. Its even launching on Steam!

Hence, it not really flagship title for Series X. The best console experience will likely be on Series X though. We won't see a Halo game that really pushes the Series X for another 3 or 4 years probably. The only thing I am really hoping is its a good game.

You: Graphics graphics graphics!

Me: Graphics are okay, gameplay looks like a much more polished Halo 5 to me. I like 4K/60 fps which numerous 9th gen games seem to lacking and I hope it'll be an enjoyable Halo experience. Also, its not just a Series X game nor was it truly built for it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
BillyBong said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So delay both consoles until we get some "true" next gen titles?

Those who buy next gen consoles will get more impressive experiences on day one. There isn't a gun to your head though, you aren't obligated to buy these machines at launch.

edit.. had a long post, but..

it doesn't matter in the end.  first impressions matter for next gen and MS dropped the ball with a flagship title. 

The flagship title built for Xbox One?

Also, not everybody walked away with the same impression. A lot of people are also thinking, "I want to play that and I will."

You never know what will happen. If the game is good, I think it'll do just fine. If the game is underwhelming, maybe it'll be successful anyway like Sea of Thieves and improve with time. Many people still play Halo:MCC and that was a disaster.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

JRPGfan said:

Pemalite said:

Ori getting enhanced for Series X was also a highlight for me, granted it's not even pushing the Xbox One X 100%, that game is art over fidelity, which is a good thing... And something Halo needs to recognize and emulate.

"art over fidelity" seems counter to "not even pushing the xbox one x".

Also it was 4k and 60fps already.
Visually the Series X enhancement doesnt do anything to the graphics right? its just able to run 120fps now instead...

How many people even have 120 fps TV's?
60fps was probably smooth enough (its a platformer, not a Online competitive shooter), most people probably wont even notice the extra 60 fps (if they even have a tv that can show it).

I should have responded to this in my previous post but... meh.

No, Ori 2 was not 4K/60 fps on the Xbox One X. The original release was well below 4K and had frame rate issues. The situation was even worse on Xbox One. But I hear patches improved it. So the Series X patch is a big deal for fans of the game I imagine.

I'm actually looking forward to games having 120 fps options. As more content uses it, more people will certainly consider buying a 120 fps TV.

Recently Completed

BillyBong said:

What you have is hope.  there's no indication that these studios will deliver.  you willing to bet $500-600 just to see?

And Fable.. yes, great!  made by the makers of Forizon and... more Forizon.  Jury still out on that one if they are a one trick pony.

I will say.. if MS makes great games.. awesome.  I'll play it on PC.  but showing what they showed.. i don't see how their pre-orders are going to be blowing up.  time will tell.

Not everybody is going to buy next gen hardware at $500-600. In fact, many 8th gen users bought in at $149-$200.

I am gonna take a wild guess at say Playground games brought people in to work on the new Fable. I would just the same team making racing games doing the new Fable, but that's probably not a great idea. People laughed when a crappy studio was working on the new Killer Instinct game and it was awesome by the way.

MS is planning to make Xbox One games for a couple years, so their upcoming games also need to demonstrate Xbox is worth staying with in my opinion. They've been doing a good job in recent years, hopefully quality keep getting better as well.

Halo Infinte isn't just depending on pre orders, many millions of Gamepass subscribers are also going to play it.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:

Not everybody is going to buy next gen hardware at $500-600. In fact, many 8th gen users bought in at $149-$200.

I am gonna take a wild guess at say Playground games brought people in to work on the new Fable. I would just the same team making racing games doing the new Fable, but that's probably not a great idea. People laughed when a crappy studio was working on the new Killer Instinct game and it was awesome by the way.

MS is planning to make Xbox One games for a couple years, so their upcoming games also need to demonstrate Xbox is worth staying with in my opinion. They've been doing a good job in recent years, hopefully quality keep getting better as well.

Halo Infinte isn't just depending on pre orders, many millions of Gamepass subscribers are also going to play it.

Gamepass isn't going to move consoles though, especially if you have a more than capable gaming PC, why bother buying the next xbox if i can play on PC without having to buy the game or their console to play their games.  Why buy the new console if I can still play it via gamepass on my just as capable x one?  So why bother buying into the new xbox console at all?  Especially if they keep saying that most first party will be cross gen for the next 2 years?  Might as well not release the new console for the next 2 years.  See how giving Sony a 2 year hardware sale advantage will help your console cause this next gen.  I just don't get this strategy.

And in regards to buying next gen hardware  pricing, who knows how much next gen is really going to cost, but if it's expensive, do you feel MS gave consumers enough highlight material and value to warrant dropping that kind of money on the next box?  This is after 2 shows already to promote next gen games.. a bunch of promise with pretty trailers, but that's a big gamble.  MS hasn't given any reasons to buy their next Xbox yet other than a spec sheet.

Lastly, base ps4 is still $300.  Pro is $400.  100 mil plus sold at those pricing.. not sure when PS4 was available for $150-200.

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
BillyBong said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Gamepass isn't going to move consoles though, especially if you have a more than capable gaming PC, why bother buying the next xbox if i can play on PC without having to buy the game or their console to play their games.  Why buy the new console if I can still play it via gamepass on my just as capable x one?  So why bother buying into the new xbox console at all?  Especially if they keep saying that most first party will be cross gen for the next 2 years?  Might as well not release the new console for the next 2 years.  See how giving Sony a 2 year hardware sale advantage will help your console cause this next gen.  I just don't get this strategy.

And in regards to buying next gen hardware  pricing, who knows how much next gen is really going to cost, but if it's expensive, do you feel MS gave consumers enough highlight material and value to warrant dropping that kind of money on the next box?  This is after 2 shows already to promote next gen games.. a bunch of promise with pretty trailers, but that's a big gamble.  MS hasn't given any reasons to buy their next Xbox yet other than a spec sheet.

Lastly, base ps4 is still $300.  Pro is $400.  100 mil plus sold at those pricing.. not sure when PS4 was available for $150-200.

You're on a tangent. I'm simply stating the fact Halo Infinite is not only being used to sell Series X units.

I think MS is doing something unprecedented and I like it. They bought a bunch of studios and a lot of content is coming, all 1st party games launch on Gamepass, you can play all MS games on PC, games will be cross gen for a few years and last but not least we can potentially play all the latest Xbox games via xCloud. You speak as if MS's only goal is moving Series X units. Hence, you sound ignorant to me because you aren't looking at the big picture.

Will MS's strategy be a success? Is it going to kill the Series X? I don't know, but I think what MS is trying is pretty fucking awesome for consumers.

Many PS4 and X1 units are sold at deep discounts during the holidays. Many many units are sold well below the launch price. In a few years people will probably buy the Series X and PS5 for $299.

Recently Completed

After seeing known anti-Xbox users rate the event I will have to raise my 7/10 to 25/10 to balance it out.

It would be OK when they said the halo demo is a crossgen title running on a very old build. But there is one fact, the developer says:
"Halo infinite was build from the ground up for Xbox series x to take full advantage of next generation power "
So it is the flagship new generation title... but it really doesn't look like next gen at all.

SammyGiireal said:
d21lewis said:

I have a PS4 Pro and I saw pop up in TLoU2. To the point where I commented that it was probably meant to run on a PS5. I was even shocked that digital Foundry never mentioned it. It got better as the game went on (or I just stopped noticing it) but saying it doesn't exist is just false.

*Edit* and re-reading your post, I now feel like a fool. My apologies.

There is pop, but you really have to look for it. Sort of like RDR2, you really have to look for it, as the developers did a good job hiding it, and stretching the draw in distance. In Halo Infinite the pop up issues are right in your face.

I guess we wait until the game is completed, then. Maybe it'll still be there. Maybe it won't.

iceland said:
After seeing known anti-Xbox users rate the event I will have to raise my 7/10 to 25/10 to balance it out.

Maybe there wouldn't be so many anti-Xbox people if Microsoft hadn't completely dropped the ball then screwed the pooch that tried to pick it up the entire last generation of consoles. There's a reason the Xbox Brand means nothing over the last few years. They really should go third party. Publish on PC and PS5. BAM, done. No more issues.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android