By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171
eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

That’s quite the conclusion to jump to. Xbox essentially eliminated the “Halo Gears Forza” narrative and was now replaced with “Xbox games are CG no gameplay”. That’s a win, because the new narrative you guys cooked up...it’s temporary. They will have gameplay, it’s inevitable. Also guarantees mid gen Xbox support. Usually Xbox exclusives taper off, now we know they will have a steady stream of exclusives all gen long. Given this logic I simply see your point of view as short sighted and judging at a glance. 

Also just because we didn’t see their whole portfolio, doesn’t mean they don’t exist. Gears Tactics and Flight SIM for Series X, Age of Empires 3/4, Battletoads, Wasteland 3, Forza Horizon 5. Long term games like InXiles AAA rpg and The Initiatives IP. 

Xbox eliminates the Halo Gears Forza narrative. They eliminate the “Xbox has no exclusives in the mid/late gen” narrative. Lockhart will have the price advantage Xbox One didn’t have in 2013. Series X will have the power advantage among non cross gen games. Game Pass is an insane deal that Sony won’t do unless they desperate to compete. 

Funny you came to a different conclusion because “mah trailers too much CG”. Huh. 

The real funny thing is that you keep ignoring the warnings people have told you since the begining. That gamepass can only lead to one outcome as it needs to be profitable. Games would need to be lower in scope and ambition so they can give them out for dirt cheap in gamepass. Everything aside from the already trio seems smaller in scale or nothing was shown aside from a trailer. 

Your argument has been the same for years now. Just wait and hope, wait till next show, studios just got bought gota give them time, they wont be good at launch but they will get better, wait wait wait.

Xbox fans have been waiting for 6 years since Phil took over and still have to wait? At some point you gota be honest with yourself. Just look at the cgi trailers for halo to what you got now. What on earth gives you hope that any if the other cgi trailers would be any diferent?

Your GP concern isn’t your problem as a gamer. It’s your job as a gamer to take advantage of you are so inclined. It’s an insane deal. You don’t know how it works, their revenue stream behind closed doors, plan and roadmap. You take advantage of the value or you don’t. But don’t make any false concerns that it isn’t sustainable. 

The important thing is that Halo Gears Forza narrative is dead. We have a ton of variety now. You say “wait this wait that” and you right to a degree. But the flip side is that Xbox getting exclusives all gen long. Another narrative destroyed. 

Bold: I can only confidently claim complete faith in Obsidian. Maybe Playground given Forza Horizon quality. Obsidian is a master of their craft. They made arguably the best Fallout with New Vegas. They made Outer Worlds when Bethesda makes Fallout 76. And now they taking their sweet time with Elder Scrolls 6 Obsidian decides to do it themselves too. They have no longer to worry about financials or budgets under Ms. Avowed is obsidian unleashed, making games for gamers. And I don’t need to see gameplay to be completely stoked at what they can do. 

Edit: Btw Phil has been the head of Xbox for 6 years now but all the acquisitions and green light games were in 2018. It’s been 2 years. If these were low budget games we would have got them by now or soon (Avowed, Fable, HB2, SoD3). 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 25 July 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
eva01beserk said:
Halo infinite beta was cancelled due to backlash. And the only possitive thing fans are saying is that all games will be on gamepass. This is not a good look after the dissaster that the x1 was. While 9th gen is probably not starting as bad as the 8th gen for ms, it does not seem to be much better. On the other side Sony has more hype than in 8th gen. So this is gona be one sided again.

How does this complete lie have 4 likes, Lol.

Halo Infinite beta wasn't cancelled due to backlash, in fact it hasn't even been officially cancelled but it is unlikely to happen, there's a thing called Covid happening right now which makes things a lot more complicated in case you didn't know.

eva01beserk said:

The real funny thing is that you keep ignoring the warnings people have told you since the begining. That gamepass can only lead to one outcome as it needs to be profitable. Games would need to be lower in scope and ambition so they can give them out for dirt cheap in gamepass. Everything aside from the already trio seems smaller in scale or nothing was shown aside from a trailer. 

Your argument has been the same for years now. Just wait and hope, wait till next show, studios just got bought gota give them time, they wont be good at launch but they will get better, wait wait wait.

Xbox fans have been waiting for 6 years since Phil took over and still have to wait? At some point you gota be honest with yourself. Just look at the cgi trailers for halo to what you got now. What on earth gives you hope that any if the other cgi trailers would be any diferent?

Nothing screams lower in scope than a Halo title which is bigger than Halo 4/5 combined.

Or you know, the multiple AAA's in development right now - In case you didn't know, Fable and Envowed are AAA titles alongside the typical AAA titles in Halo, Gears and Forza. Plus InXile is working on an AAA RPG and The Initiative - Most of Xbox's studios are working on AAA's, Lol.

first response. After all this your are still drinking that cool aid? I bet you also think its an eearly build? And that covid has afected 343 for the last 5 years right? You also dint read that it wasent even runing on a series x? 

on your second response I can see mods also cant read, or choose to see what they want. can you read again what I bolded. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Ppl: Xbox has games drought every gen and only have Halo Gears and Forza

MS: Invests in multiple, unique AAA IPs with mid gen release windows.

Same ppl: But I want them noooooow.

Love this :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Your GP concern isn’t your problem as a gamer. It’s your job as a gamer to take advantage of you are so inclined. It’s an insane deal. You don’t know how it works, their revenue stream behind closed doors, plan and roadmap. You take advantage of the value or you don’t. But don’t make any false concerns that it isn’t sustainable. 

The important thing is that Halo Gears Forza narrative is dead. We have a ton of variety now. You say “wait this wait that” and you right to a degree. But the flip side is that Xbox getting exclusives all gen long. Another narrative destroyed. 

Bold: I can only confidently claim complete faith in Obsidian. Maybe Playground given Forza Horizon quality. Obsidian is a master of their craft. They made arguably the best Fallout with New Vegas. They made Outer Worlds when Bethesda makes Fallout 76. And now they taking their sweet time with Elder Scrolls 6 Obsidian decides to do it themselves too. They have no longer to worry about financials or budgets under Ms. Avowed is obsidian unleashed, making games for gamers. And I don’t need to see gameplay to be completely stoked at what they can do. 

Yea obsidian is definetly trustworthy. They do have a history of delivering good games.

Now for gamepass thats complete nonsense for 2 reasons. Because if something seems to good to be true it most often is. You where warned that quality may suffer and you denied it repeating their official spin. And now what? just wait some more? Theres a lot to be worried about gamepass.

Second is that its the excuse fans are using for the disapointment. Why would that be a saving grace for the show? Because you probably would not buy any of thouse games any other game. So if people are using it a an argument why would I not argue against it?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

Yea obsidian is definetly trustworthy. They do have a history of delivering good games.

Now for gamepass thats complete nonsense for 2 reasons. Because if something seems to good to be true it most often is. You where warned that quality may suffer and you denied it repeating their official spin. And now what? just wait some more? Theres a lot to be worried about gamepass.

Second is that its the excuse fans are using for the disapointment. Why would that be a saving grace for the show? Because you probably would not buy any of thouse games any other game. So if people are using it a an argument why would I not argue against it?

I ain’t telling you to wait for GP. It’s been awesome for a while now. 10 million steady subs is a lot of income. When it hits 20...I don’t see how you could scoff at that revenue. Devs pay to be on GP btw. Gamers recommend games to friends who don’t have GP, leading to increased sales. Increased DLC purchases because people allready feel that got the base game for “free”. Your stance on GP is concern trolling at worst. To argue against it is to advocate spending hundreds more per year is good for gamers. There is no evidence of big games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 being gimped in quality. Each has the features of previous IP instalments. 

Not sure what your last point is referring to. Either way I just see gamers that aren’t into Xbox wanting AAA games now now now when that clearly isn’t realistic for games that started development in mid 2018. 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Runa216 said:

Maybe there wouldn't be so many anti-Xbox people if Microsoft hadn't completely dropped the ball then screwed the pooch that tried to pick it up the entire last generation of consoles. There's a reason the Xbox Brand means nothing over the last few years. They really should go third party. Publish on PC and PS5. BAM, done. No more issues.

Nah, this site has always been a bastion of anti-xbox users even before Xbox One. Don't try to hide behind the veil of MS "screwing the pooch", A lot of your kind would reject MS regardless of what MS does. MS could literally become a carbon copy of Sony and you'd still shit on them. At least be honest and say you just hate MS/Xbox, I'd have a little more respect for you all if you were just honest with your fanboyism up front than trying to hide it

Ah yes, the perennial tribalistic nonsense. 

dude, I have an Xbox, an Xbox 360, and an Xbox One. I have more games on my 360 than I did on PS2, and while of the three console manufacturers Microsoft is the least interesting to me, I always want them to do well. why? Because Sony and Nintendo fuck up when they don't have competition. Why? Because I have all the consoles and I just wanna see some variety on my shelf. I want to see different game styles and different genres and different stories and unique ideas regardless of what console its on because all consoles have their pros and cons. 

But you seem to think I have it out for Microsoft and Xbox, therefore I hate everything they do. Could it possibly be that, over the last 10 years, Microsoft has done nothing to impress me? Wouldn't it make a whole lot more sense that the reason I don't care about the Xbox Brand is not some tribalistic nonsense but the very real fact that they have nothing to offer? I want them to succeed, I've been giving them chances ever since I got the Xbox 360, and they keep letting me down. WHY? Because all they have for high-ranking, hiqh-quality, best-selling games is the holy trinity of Halo, Forza, and Gears. They've got other stuff, too, but it doesn't sell, it doesn't get good reviews, and it's not unique enough to interest me. 

Their output is pretty homogenized. It's all so very 'western', with very little room for deviation. I'll go one further and say "Americanized". Not just western, because European culture is considered western as well, when compared to asian cultures, but American. GUNS AND CARS. IT's all very centralized, and like I said there's not much in terms of colour or experimentation. The only time Microsoft game studios really branch out (again, Ori and Cuphead), they end up on Nintendo's console and/or PC. 

The issue here is that Microsoft doesn't have anything to offer and hasn't for a very long time. I don't hate Microsoft (I wouldn't go with anyone else for my PC interface/OS), I just think that they have very little to offer someone who doesn't like Shooting games or Racing games. and nothing about this presentation made me feel any different. their hardware is generic and they lack any sense of identity. Nintendo tried new quirky things like motion controls and portable gaming, whereas Sony just keeps things simple as well. When it comes to performance and specs, the PS4 and Xbox One are virtually identical, so what's the key difference? Games. And Sony has a whoooooooole lot more than Microsoft when it comes to quality, quantity, and variety. 

That's why this presentation was so underwhelming. Nothing seems different. Nothing seems new. It just seems like it's the same old nonsense over and over and over again with the same marketing strategies and same bullshit 'exclusive' definition. It's all fluff, it's all hot air. Until the games come out, I don't believe any of them are going to revolutionize the industry. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Microsoft has nothing to offer that I can't get elsewhere. They have a lot of cool ideas, but nothing in their last decade has given me any faith that they'll live up to is potential. without gameplay or deep exploration on what each game looks and plays like outside of the cool concepts shown in a cinematic trailer. This presentation is nothing. Literally everything outside of halo and I think Grounded could have been summed up in a written press release.

What do you get from that fable trailer that can't be summed up in the headline "New fable coming out in the future"? Nothing. It's a new fable. We know nothing about the gameplay, we know nothing about the style. It could be an on-rails shooter for all we know. IT could be hyperrealistic or stylized. it could be a text based RPG or an open world action platformer. We just don't know. the headline "New Fable game announced" is literally all we got from it aside from the fact that it's gonna have a sense of humour, which could be implied by the fact that it's a Fable game. 

"Everwild is Rare's new nature-centric game with a toony style." What more do you get out of the trailer than that single, nondescript headline? 

This presentation was nothing. It told us nothing. It might as well have been a press release for how much it told us about the games contained within it. and THAT is why people are so critical of Microsoft. All fluff and style, no substance. Good ideas without proper execution. Nothing in this presentation or microsoft's last ten years indicates this will be anything but more of the same. Lots of empty promises.

You've got the chain of causality wrong. People don't hate this presentation becuase they hate Microsoft, they hate this presentation because Microsoft didn't do anything to get people's blood pumping. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

eva01beserk said:

Don't confuse faux concern or conspiracy theories with "warnings". Remember that we saw these same "warnings" about how EA Access was going to lead to every single publisher having a subscription service and how within a few years you'd need to subscribe to 20 different publishers services just to be able play all the games you would normally play. When in reality, only a couple gargantuan publishers have a subscription service and zero games are locked to them.

Games don't need to be limited at all for GamePass to be profitable. Netflix still spends tons of money on huge blockbuster original movies and production on expensive series they create because it drives subscriptions which is how they make money. Speaking of waiting and having the same argument.. how long are we going to have to wait for this nonsense about GamePass that you spew in seemingly every GamePass thread to show any evidence of being reality? Because I've given you a long list of phenomenal GP games and you immediately backpedaled at record speed, and you aren't making any more sense here either. They showcased a lot of AAA first and third party games you can play day one on GamePass. Maybe you just don't understand what small scale is?

Runa216 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Nah, this site has always been a bastion of anti-xbox users even before Xbox One. Don't try to hide behind the veil of MS "screwing the pooch", A lot of your kind would reject MS regardless of what MS does. MS could literally become a carbon copy of Sony and you'd still shit on them. At least be honest and say you just hate MS/Xbox, I'd have a little more respect for you all if you were just honest with your fanboyism up front than trying to hide it

dude, I have an Xbox, an Xbox 360, and an Xbox One. I have more games on my 360 than I did on PS2, and while of the three console manufacturers Microsoft is the least interesting to me, I always want them to do well. why? Because Sony and Nintendo fuck up when they don't have competition. Why? Because I have all the consoles and I just wanna see some variety on my shelf. I want to see different game styles and different genres and different stories and unique ideas regardless of what console its on because all consoles have their pros and cons. 

But you seem to think I have it out for Microsoft and Xbox, therefore I hate everything they do. Could it possibly be that, over the last 10 years, Microsoft has done nothing to impress me? Wouldn't it make a whole lot more sense that the reason I don't care about the Xbox Brand is not some tribalistic nonsense but the very real fact that they have nothing to offer? I want them to succeed, I've been giving them chances ever since I got the Xbox 360, and they keep letting me down. WHY? Because all they have for high-ranking, hiqh-quality, best-selling games is the holy trinity of Halo, Forza, and Gears. They've got other stuff, too, but it doesn't sell, it doesn't get good reviews, and it's not unique enough to interest me. 

Their output is pretty homogenized. It's all so very 'western', with very little room for deviation. I'll go one further and say "Americanized". Not just western, because European culture is considered western as well, when compared to asian cultures, but American. GUNS AND CARS. IT's all very centralized, and like I said there's not much in terms of colour or experimentation. The only time Microsoft game studios really branch out (again, Ori and Cuphead), they end up on Nintendo's console and/or PC. 

The issue here is that Microsoft doesn't have anything to offer and hasn't for a very long time. I don't hate Microsoft (I wouldn't go with anyone else for my PC interface/OS), I just think that they have very little to offer someone who doesn't like Shooting games or Racing games. and nothing about this presentation made me feel any different. their hardware is generic and they lack any sense of identity. Nintendo tried new quirky things like motion controls and portable gaming, whereas Sony just keeps things simple as well. When it comes to performance and specs, the PS4 and Xbox One are virtually identical, so what's the key difference? Games. And Sony has a whoooooooole lot more than Microsoft when it comes to quality, quantity, and variety. 

That's why this presentation was so underwhelming. Nothing seems different. Nothing seems new. It just seems like it's the same old nonsense over and over and over again with the same marketing strategies and same bullshit 'exclusive' definition. It's all fluff, it's all hot air. Until the games come out, I don't believe any of them are going to revolutionize the industry. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Microsoft has nothing to offer that I can't get elsewhere. They have a lot of cool ideas, but nothing in their last decade has given me any faith that they'll live up to is potential. without gameplay or deep exploration on what each game looks and plays like outside of the cool concepts shown in a cinematic trailer. This presentation is nothing. Literally everything outside of halo and I think Grounded could have been summed up in a written press release.

What do you get from that fable trailer that can't be summed up in the headline "New fable coming out in the future"? Nothing. It's a new fable. We know nothing about the gameplay, we know nothing about the style. It could be an on-rails shooter for all we know. IT could be hyperrealistic or stylized. it could be a text based RPG or an open world action platformer. We just don't know. the headline "New Fable game announced" is literally all we got from it aside from the fact that it's gonna have a sense of humour, which could be implied by the fact that it's a Fable game. 

"Everwild is Rare's new nature-centric game with a toony style." What more do you get out of the trailer than that single, nondescript headline? 

This presentation was nothing. It told us nothing. It might as well have been a press release for how much it told us about the games contained within it. and THAT is why people are so critical of Microsoft. All fluff and style, no substance. Good ideas without proper execution. Nothing in this presentation or microsoft's last ten years indicates this will be anything but more of the same. Lots of empty promises.

You've got the chain of causality wrong. People don't hate this presentation becuase they hate Microsoft, they hate this presentation because Microsoft didn't do anything to get people's blood pumping. 

Ah yes, the perennial "I have an Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One" so that somehow supposed to make others think I'm not a fanboy. You aren't fooling anybody. 

Bandorr said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Ah yes, the perennial "I have an Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One" so that somehow supposed to make others think I'm not a fanboy. You aren't fooling anybody. 

Runa wrote 844 words. You responded to the first 6 words.

Were you afraid to respond to the other 838?

Absolutely terrified. 

NobleTeam360 said:
Runa216 said:

I see we're done here. You have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android