By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rate The Xbox Games Showcase

How Would You Rate The Xbox Game Showcase?

10 9 5.26%

9 11 6.43%

8 32 18.71%

7 19 11.11%

6 35 20.47%

5 24 14.04%

4 19 11.11%

3 11 6.43%

2 7 4.09%

1 4 2.34%

Total:171
Runa216 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Ah yes, the perennial "I have an Xbox, Xbox 360, and Xbox One" so that somehow supposed to make others think I'm not a fanboy. You aren't fooling anybody. 

I see we're done here. You have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

Lol, your little short essay basically said nothing while trying to appear as if you did. Have fun trying to justify whatever point it was you were trying to make, Mr. I own an Xbox. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
eva01beserk said:

Yea obsidian is definetly trustworthy. They do have a history of delivering good games.

Now for gamepass thats complete nonsense for 2 reasons. Because if something seems to good to be true it most often is. You where warned that quality may suffer and you denied it repeating their official spin. And now what? just wait some more? Theres a lot to be worried about gamepass.

Second is that its the excuse fans are using for the disapointment. Why would that be a saving grace for the show? Because you probably would not buy any of thouse games any other game. So if people are using it a an argument why would I not argue against it?

I ain’t telling you to wait for GP. It’s been awesome for a while now. 10 million steady subs is a lot of income. When it hits 20...I don’t see how you could scoff at that revenue. Devs pay to be on GP btw. Gamers recommend games to friends who don’t have GP, leading to increased sales. Increased DLC purchases because people allready feel that got the base game for “free”. Your stance on GP is concern trolling at worst. To argue against it is to advocate spending hundreds more per year is good for gamers. There is no evidence of big games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 being gimped in quality. Each has the features of previous IP instalments. 

Not sure what your last point is referring to. Either way I just see gamers that aren’t into Xbox wanting AAA games now now now when that clearly isn’t realistic for games that started development in mid 2018. 

Im not telling you gamepass is a bad service or not worth the money. Im telling you that if you want a netflix kind of service, you should expect a netflix level of content. Netflix does not kick out massive blockbuster one after the other. They make very few interesting originals, then a ass load of filler smaller level content and third party hits that are long past its excitement phase and everyone has already seen it. 

Already said it multyple times, thouse 3 games will not be gimped. It will probably be the big guns that will carry the service, im sure there will be a few others but the majority of the content you can receive has to be lower budget to acomodate the service.

I was never into xbox and would have never bought an xbox, but their games are not exclusive to xbox i could play them on pc if they where good. and of that showcase the only game I thinking off is fable and we saw nothing of it, but I loved the first one and hope its good.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Ryuu96 said:
eva01beserk said:

first response. After all this your are still drinking that cool aid? I bet you also think its an eearly build? And that covid has afected 343 for the last 5 years right? You also dint read that it wasent even runing on a series x? 

on your second response I can see mods also cant read, or choose to see what they want. can you read again what I bolded. 

You seriously don't think Covid has affected development and they'd rather focus on finishing the game than wasting time creating a segment of the game for beta purposes? I don't even know what to say.

Do you think a beta, which is intended to test gameplay, was cancelled because people didn't like the graphics? Lol. Where did you even get that the beta was cancelled due to backlash? Or did you just make it up?

"Games would need to be lower in scope and ambition"

"Everything aside from the already trio seems smaller in scale or nothing was shown aside from a trailer."

Okay, let's go through XGS shall we.

1. Halo Infinite - AAA.
  2. As Dusk Falls - AA
  3. Avowed - AAA
  4. Fable - AAA
  5. Forza Motorsport - AAA
  6. State of Decay 3 - Unknown but likely AAA, I can't say for certain but recent interviews give the impression it will be a lot bigger.
  7. CrossFireX - AAA
  8. Everwild - AA-AAA but we can't say for certain.
  9. Grounded - AA
  10. Psychonauts 2 - AA but was actually delayed to add more content.
  11. Tell Me Why - AA
  • 5 AAA's.
  • 2 Unknowns.
  • 4 AA's.

So you're worried about 4/11 titles being AA? 2 of which were in development before the studios were acquired.

You conveniently placed "nothing shown aside from a trailer" so when people call you out on your lower in scope nonsense you can use that as a defence and claim to still be right.

I for one, am looking forward to those AA's too, what you see as lower in scope, I see as variety, and there's plenty of great AA titles out there - Grounded and Psychonauts 2 look awesome.

Definetly not as this game has been in production since 2015, corona has afected the last 3-5 monthns. Or are you saying they had even less to show after 3-5 months ago? What the hell did they do all that time?

Cancelled due to graphics? Never said that, I said backlash. The main reason of the backlash was definetly graphics, technical issues like pop in was second. But this is the game MS is focusing on for this series x release and they have been shouting 12tf for months now, any backlash MS would take consideration. Graphics is not the end all be all, but power is the banner they have been flying for so long to then deliver this.

Please thats a nothing argument. What about thouse AAA games impressed you? You saw nothing of them. While sure, since we saw nothing aside from halo, they can still impress people as we dont really know. But im going from history and halo is the bigest example there could ever be. the biggest game thats under xbox with 5 year developement cycle on the worlds most powerfull console and thats what you got to show. So yes, they can be awsome but track record shows that its unlikely. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

NobleTeam360 said:
Bandorr said:

Runa wrote 844 words. You responded to the first 6 words.

Were you afraid to respond to the other 838?

Absolutely terrified. 

shees man. If anything, just take it like a man.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Absolutely terrified. 

Huh? Mind expanding on what should be "taken like a man"? 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Runa216 said:

I see we're done here. You have nothing of value to add to the conversation.

Lol, your little short essay basically said nothing while trying to appear as if you did. Have fun trying to justify whatever point it was you were trying to make, Mr. I own an Xbox. 

I said plenty, you chose not to read it. And if you did, you chose not to respect it. Either way, that's on you. I repeat: You have nothing of value to say, all that you can do is go 'waaah, you don't like a thing I like! you must be a FANBOY'. You probably don't feel that way, but that's what your petulant, childish responses tell me.

And you wanna know the reason I care so damn much about Xbox doing well? You know why I keep buying Xboxes even though I rarely like what Microsoft has to offer? You wanna know why it matters so much? IT's because I don't like PC gaming, and Microsoft are fucking everything up by not caring about their console or doing anything to make having their console worth a damn. More and more they're trying to turn the Xbox line into the PC console, so much so that they make it look and act like a PC, by making all the games also on PC, by making all their features also on PC, etc. The more time and effort they put into making their brand indistinguishable from the PC landscape, the clearer it is that there's no reason to have an Xbox...but I'd GREATLY prefer an Xbox becuase I hate trying to fuck around with PC gaming. 

They do have a handful of games I like that I can only get on PC or Xbox, but it's not enough to make me want to shell out 500-700 for the next-gen Xbox console. (I'm Canadian so realistically I'm looking at 700-800 after tax, depending on where the final price lands) when I could just use that money on a semi-respectable desktop computer. Everything they're doing is making me chose between getting a better computer and getting an overpriced console...and that's a lose-lose situation. After spending the last month or so trying to set up a basic gaming rig, I was reinforced with the idea that I will NEVER prefer PC gaming to console gaming...but it'd still be better to just get a bigger hard drive, more Ram, and a video card for my PC than spend all that money on Xbox. 

I don't want to have to pick between consoles because I'm an adult and shouldn't have to resort to this tribalistic nonsense behaviour. Console wars are stupid, anyone that isn't some edgy teen or working for either company knows this. They're stupid, but there's a reason they persist. I just want to have all three major consoles so I can have access to the potential games for the next 7-10 years without having to pick and chose and struggle over where my money goes, but Microsoft is either forcing me to buy an overpriced console for only a handful of games I might never play or upgrade my computer to play those games on a console I hate playing games on. Like I said, it's lose-lose for me. 

Microsoft having 'exclusives' is bad because they have so few their consoles aren't worth it, and it divides the gaming landscape. Sony and Nintendo have never really been competitors as they always had distinct, unique fanbases and ideals. they can coexist...but Sony/Microsoft? They're fighting for mostly the same people,  forcing those people to pick sides unless they're rich, which I am not. I'm poor as fuck. 

So Microsoft either needs to shape up or ship out. they need to either go third party and drop the facade of being a console manufacturer, or they need to give me enough reasons to buy their console. They have done none of that, this presentation failed to do that, and the more they fail the worse it gets. the more they fail, the worse the console wars get. The more they fail, the more frustrating it is. The worse they fail, the worse it is for me and many others who love console gaming but can't justify buying an Xbox for 3 games. Their business model is wrong and it's infuriating becuase they're not only not learning from their mistakes, but they're doubling down on them, devaluing the Xbox brand more and more. 

I would rather live in a world where I can have all three consoles and they all offer me something worth my time. That was the case with the original Xbox and the Xbox 360, but I literally spent more time updating firmware on my Xbox One than I did playing games on it because in 7 years it offered me virtually nothing. Microsoft isn't even trying anymore and you got folks out there like you and this Salesperson touting everything Microsoft does as revolutionary when it's just not.

They are failing in way more ways than they are succeeding. That is a non-negotiable fact. Their franchises are losing brand power, their consoles aren't selling for shit and haven't been for years, their exclusives don't get the sales or reviews they used to, they're not making many new IPs or franchises, and they're giving people next to no reason to buy their consoles. their Gamepass is succeeding, but I'd argue that's literally the only thing they're doing well. 

And this presentation did nothing to assuage those concerns. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

CGI-Quality said:

⚠️

@NobleTeam360 
@Nautilus 
@Runa216 

That discussion is done, guys. Has already crossed the line and it does no good to keep it going.

Posted mine before I Saw this. My bad. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

NobleTeam360 said:
Nautilus said:

Huh? Mind expanding on what should be "taken like a man"? 

Edit: Disregard that. Didn't see CGI post. Either way, I made my point across.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

eva01beserk said:
sales2099 said:

I ain’t telling you to wait for GP. It’s been awesome for a while now. 10 million steady subs is a lot of income. When it hits 20...I don’t see how you could scoff at that revenue. Devs pay to be on GP btw. Gamers recommend games to friends who don’t have GP, leading to increased sales. Increased DLC purchases because people allready feel that got the base game for “free”. Your stance on GP is concern trolling at worst. To argue against it is to advocate spending hundreds more per year is good for gamers. There is no evidence of big games like Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 being gimped in quality. Each has the features of previous IP instalments. 

Not sure what your last point is referring to. Either way I just see gamers that aren’t into Xbox wanting AAA games now now now when that clearly isn’t realistic for games that started development in mid 2018. 

Im not telling you gamepass is a bad service or not worth the money. Im telling you that if you want a netflix kind of service, you should expect a netflix level of content. Netflix does not kick out massive blockbuster one after the other. They make very few interesting originals, then a ass load of filler smaller level content and third party hits that are long past its excitement phase and everyone has already seen it. 

Already said it multyple times, thouse 3 games will not be gimped. It will probably be the big guns that will carry the service, im sure there will be a few others but the majority of the content you can receive has to be lower budget to acomodate the service.

I was never into xbox and would have never bought an xbox, but their games are not exclusive to xbox i could play them on pc if they where good. and of that showcase the only game I thinking off is fable and we saw nothing of it, but I loved the first one and hope its good.

The thing is blockbuster movie/series cost way more than AAA games to make. So the same kind of subscription service will probably produce more AAA than Netflix can produce Blockbuster. Not to mention filler are not a bad thing. I spend more time gaming on Stardew Valley, Don't Starve, Factorio, Oxygen not included, Banished than any AAA over the the last few years. 

Ryuu96 said:
eva01beserk said:

Definetly not as this game has been in production since 2015, corona has afected the last 3-5 monthns. Or are you saying they had even less to show after 3-5 months ago? What the hell did they do all that time?

Cancelled due to graphics? Never said that, I said backlash. The main reason of the backlash was definetly graphics, technical issues like pop in was second. But this is the game MS is focusing on for this series x release and they have been shouting 12tf for months now, any backlash MS would take consideration. Graphics is not the end all be all, but power is the banner they have been flying for so long to then deliver this.

Please thats a nothing argument. What about thouse AAA games impressed you? You saw nothing of them. While sure, since we saw nothing aside from halo, they can still impress people as we dont really know. But im going from history and halo is the bigest example there could ever be. the biggest game thats under xbox with 5 year developement cycle on the worlds most powerfull console and thats what you got to show. So yes, they can be awsome but track record shows that its unlikely. 

When do you think they would have started working on a creating a Beta?

I'm pretty sure betas aren't made by simply flipping a switch which blocks access to other parts of the game, it actually takes time and effort, along with deciding what parts of the game need testing while removing the others.

Do you really think they want to split their workforce to work on both managing a beta and finishing up the final product? Especially when a significant chunk are still WFH.

So why do you think they cancelled a Beta intended to test gameplay mechanics? You're seeming to suggest they cancelled a Beta due to backlash they received for the graphics. Idk but my theory about Covid messing up Beta plans seems a lot more reasonable than 343 deciding in the span of 2 days to cancel a gameplay testing purpose beta because they received backlash for graphics.

And I ask again, do you even have a source on the cancelled due to backlash or is that just your theory?

We aren't talking about impressions, we're talking about scale of projects, Halo is bigger than 4/5 combined, Microsoft has a lot of AAA's in development, it proves your Gamepass theory wrong when it comes to scope/scale, you like to push this agenda that Gamepass will just be pumping out small scale titles but Xbox's current slate is a mix of AAA & AA with a leaning towards AAA so...wrong.

And even with that, what is wrong with AA? Some of those AA titles are looking great.

Definetly a beta is not quick. But they already had a playable section wich we saw. I would not doubt the beta was already finished. I got no source for that. I'm mearly talking with the speculation others have made online. But I'm betting they are right and ms is just trying to spin. There's no doubt halo was meant to be the biggest thing they got not only this year but next year as well. Its halo, what the Xbox is know for. Any criticism would have made them doubt their product. I for a not even for a second believe a game with 5 years of development had the entire game turned upside down only at the last few months and in a couple more months it will just magically look next gen.

And I ask you again. What was impresive about thouse AAA announcements? Cuz I don't remember seing anything but cg. Like we saw for halo. Did you get a release date? How much money was invested? What makes those AAA?

I have already said before many times. There will be AAA games on gamepass. But I keep saying don't expect all thouse devs they adquired to make AAA. most of thouse will be focused on smaller titles only. Its the nature of that kind of service. 

There is nothing bad will smaller games. The problem I have is with peoples expectations and buying into MS pr of them wanting 3-4 AAA Games a year. That's just not gona happen.