By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 29, 2020 (Jul 13 - Jul 19)

Tagged games:

Marth said:

(Taiwan)
Media Create Sales Week 29, 2020 (13 Jul - 19 Jul)

01./00. [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2020.07.17}
02./00. [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King (Nintendo) {2020.07.17}
03./03. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) {2020.03.20}
04./01. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) {2019.10.31}
05./05. [NSW] Super Mario Party (Nintendo) {2018.10.05}

Top 5

NSW - 4
PS4 - 1

(South Korea)
Media Create Sales Week 29, 2020 (13 Jul - 19 Jul)

01./00. [PS4] Ghost of Tsushima (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2020.07.17}
02./00. [NSW] Paper Mario: The Origami King (Nintendo) {2020.07.17}
03./01. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) {2020.03.20}
04./02. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) {2019.10.18}
05./03. [NSW] Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo) {2020.07.01}

Top 5

NSW - 4
PS4 - 1

Interesting, didn't know MC would also track South Korea and Taiwan.

Sadly, only top 5 positions and no sales numbers, right?

Around the Network
Marth said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Interesting, didn't know MC would also track South Korea and Taiwan.

Sadly, only top 5 positions and no sales numbers, right?

They have been doing that for a while now but I never bothered to copy that info.

And yes only like that.

That is pretty neat to see, tho. Even without numbers it's nice to get a feel for what's popular in these countries.

psychicscubadiver said:
Marth said:

They have been doing that for a while now but I never bothered to copy that info.

And yes only like that.

That is pretty neat to see, tho. Even without numbers it's nice to get a feel for what's popular in these countries.

Exactly, wouldn't mind if those would become part of every Famitsu thread from here on out.

When relatively minor releases like Fishing Spirits and Taiko are pulling in 400k+ on Switch, it really shows how much of an opportunity third parties are missing out on by not bringing more significant and lucrative releases.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 27 July 2020

curl-6 said:

When relatively minor releases like Fishing Spirits and Taiko are pulling in 400k+ on Switch, it really shows how much of an opportunity third parties are missing out on by not bringing more significant and lucrative releases.

And invest more in AA arcade games for platform and Arcades.

Namco's late releases and some tiles absences maybe are because of grudge with Nintendo.

We never know.  

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
curl-6 said:

Namco's late releases and some tiles absences maybe are because of grudge with Nintendo. 

Namco work really closely with Nintendo though; they co-developed Smash Bros Ultimate and made Pokken Tournament and New Pokemon Snap.

curl-6 said:
Agente42 said:

Namco work really closely with Nintendo though; they co-developed Smash Bros Ultimate and made Pokken Tournament and New Pokemon Snap.

I know, but Harada is not a big Nintendo fan. 

The question remains ... Ring Fit Adventure's retail price is ¥7.980, currently on amazon.co.jp:

What could this game actually achieve if it had enough supply and how would that impact OG hardware sales? In three months the game is going to have a one year anniversary and they still haven't managed to produce anywhere near enough copies. 

1. Wii Sports - 3.724.565
  2. Wii Fit - 3.561.787
  3. Wii Sports Resort - 3.165.464
  4. Ring Fit Adventure - 1.173.243

Will they be able to get supply for its second first holiday? With enough supply this could be one of their biggest game this holiday without any problems, we are talking about over >1M in the final quarter of the year and lifetime sales over >2.5M by the end of 2020. 

If Nintendo doesn't release a sequel Ring Fit could very well overtake Wii Sports in Japan by the end of 2022. I'm interested to see it's World Wide increase for the Quarter once the numbers come out, I'm thinking it would be around >3.5M shipped worldwide based on the Japanese figures. For comparison the prior quarter they shipped 560K worldwide, Nintendo sold around >450K in Japan alone last quarter. 

noshten said:

The question remains ... Ring Fit Adventure's retail price is ¥7.980, currently on amazon.co.jp:

What could this game actually achieve if it had enough supply and how would that impact OG hardware sales? In three months the game is going to have a one year anniversary and they still haven't managed to produce anywhere near enough copies. 

2. Wii Fit - 3.561.787

Will they be able to get supply for its second first holiday? With enough supply this could be one of their biggest game this holiday without any problems, we are talking about over >1M in the final quarter of the year and lifetime sales over >2.5M by the end of 2020. 

If Nintendo doesn't release a sequel Ring Fit could very well overtake Wii Sports in Japan by the end of 2022. I'm interested to see it's World Wide increase for the Quarter once the numbers come out, I'm thinking it would be around >3.5M shipped worldwide based on the Japanese figures. For comparison the prior quarter they shipped 560K worldwide, Nintendo sold around >450K in Japan alone last quarter. 

Man, I'd kill to know Ring Fit's global numbers. Hopefully one of these days Nintendo discloses them, as that's the only way we'll ever know now.

curl-6 said:
noshten said:

2. Wii Fit - 3.561.787

Man, I'd kill to know Ring Fit's global numbers. Hopefully one of these days Nintendo discloses them, as that's the only way we'll ever know now.

I believe global numbers are only released for games that have sold over 10 million lifetime.