By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you pre-ordering PS5 on August 6th ? (Rumored SoP date)

Most anticipated game console of the last 10 years is coming this November. Due to huge demand, there will be shortages, that’s why Song doubled the productions, because from what I am hearing there is a lot of interest already before official date and price reveal. Sony is expected to announce price and release date on August 6th. Are you pre-ordering the console that day ? 

Around the Network

Hasnt most retailers already made preordering available in a sense? Here in Sweden we have been able to preorder for months now. I preordered in May. However it is not a preorder per say, it is rather you reserve a place on a list and then when they get assigned consoles they will use that list as a queue of sorts. I thought that was available in more countries :P

PS5 isn't Nintendo so no fucking way

Like I said in a similar thread; No I'm not.
PS1, PS2 and most importantly PS3 backwards compatibillity would have made me, but without...
I'm going to wait until I can get the disc drive version for below 400€

Nintendo Switch:

... announced as a Home Console

... advertised as a Hybrid

... delivered as a Portable

Yes, can't wait. This gen lasted a bit long!

Around the Network

Not until I understand how backward compatibility will work and if there will be performance/resolution gains automatically, without the developer having to release an official patch. Also I would like to have an idea if there will be big differences in performance between PS5 and XSX for third party games.

Yeah I am pre ordering, but it is far from the most anticipated console in the last 10 years.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

JapaneseGamesLover said:

Most anticipated game console of the last 10 years is coming this November. 

So, the PS4 was a bust then? 

I'm gonna wait and see how things develop. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Definetly. Can't wait.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

twintail said:
EnricoPallazzo said:
Not until I understand how backward compatibility will work and if there will be performance/resolution gains automatically, without the developer having to release an official patch. Also I would like to have an idea if there will be big differences in performance between PS5 and XSX for third party games.

1) most games

2) frame rate boosts possible.

3) resolution boosts possible.

We've known this fora few months already.

You only have to look at the PS4pro to know how BC is gonna work. It's the same thing but stronger.

I dont think its clear at all how it will work.

Can I get my Bllodborne straight out of the box and play it at 4k 60fps/4k 30fps/1080p 60fps or will I have to wait for a developer patch?

If it depends on a patch that I have no idea when it will come, and if it will come, and my only advantage will be to play it at steady 30fps (since the original game suffers with it) then it will be a huge disappointment.

I still can't play GTA4 on Xbox One X at more than 720p 30fps because the developer/microsoft never released a patch...