Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for the 20th

KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:

God forbid I don't worship everything Nintendo releases.

Im not a big fan of Smash either, but Ultimate is a pretty damn impressive game. The word "trash" should be reserved to games that are made without any passion and barely work.

Calling Xenoblade Definitive Edition a "port" was quite dismissive too, for how much was improved and added to the game. I haven't played many ports with a whole new soundtrack.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
KLXVER said:

Im not a big fan of Smash either, but Ultimate is a pretty damn impressive game. The word "trash" should be reserved to games that are made without any passion and barely work.

Calling Xenoblade Definitive Edition a "port" was quite dismissive too, for how much was improved and added to the game. I haven't played many ports with a whole new soundtrack.

That's a stretch, also. 

The only thing new is the arrangements. It's the same soundtrack. Gaur Plain is still Gaur Plain; Mechanical Rhythm is still Mechanical Rhythm; Engage the Enemy is still Engage the Enemy. And so on.

Hardware Comparison Threads:

PlayStation 4/Xbox One/Nintendo Switch: 2019 vs. 2020
(https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/241660/ps4xbons-2019-vs-2020/1/)

PAOerfulone said:
mZuzek said:

That's a stretch, also. 

The only thing new is the arrangements. It's the same soundtrack. Gaur Plain is still Gaur Plain; Mechanical Rhythm is still Mechanical Rhythm; Engage the Enemy is still Engage the Enemy. And so on.

Well at least the character models doesnt look like PS1 shovelware anymore.

PAOerfulone said:
mZuzek said:

That's a stretch, also. 

From what I heard, they remade the whole soundtrack, and the arrangements don't sound like the originals did. They're new, different versions of the songs. Yeah it's the same songs, but it is a new soundtrack.

Generally with remasters of old games you see that they take the same songs and enhance the sound of the soundfonts so that the midis will sound better, that isn't the case with Xenoblade. Xenoblade already had a fantastic, high-quality soundtrack, and they just went and made another one on top of that, giving you the option to play the game with the original arrangements or the new ones.

As a songwriter myself, I've been rewriting some of my old music recently, making new arrangements of them and all. It's quite a lot of work. For a change as substantial as the one in Xenoblade, it's not too different from writing completely new music as far as the making-of process goes.

Good night.

PAOerfulone said:
mZuzek said:

That's a stretch, also. 

They remade the music and slightly remixed it. Not to mention the graphical overhaul. Fixing the sidequests. Hints in battle. Better menus. A lot of QOL fixes. A new mode with the battle arena. The additional 20 hours of content with FC. A lot was added to the game. Great remake and my 3rd time rebuilding colony 6.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Just show me Bayonetta 3 and I'll be happy. NMH 3 and SMT 5 would be nice to.

I wanna see Yokai Watch 4 western release.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM / 3090 (Placeholder)| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.

The subtitle is interesting, does it mean they might intends to split their regular general directs in multiple format and spread them over time ?
Maybe they’ll focus on 3rd and 2nd parties today and have an other mini sooner than later for 1st party stuff.

The rumor was right.
Too bad it won't be really worth it: no new games, no Nintendo games and 10 minutes long?

I wonder what would have happened if E3 wasn't cancelled...

SMTV please it has been so long.