By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for the 20th

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

Well, Nintendo is making these to appeal to most of their fanbase. You're certainly allowed to have opinions that are different from the majority... but unless Nintendo decides to take "direct" to the next level and make personal ones for each Nintendo fan, you're probably going to wind up being disappointed.

They've had plenty of directs that I thought were great. September 2019 just wasn't one of them.

*Shrugs* When you're referring to games that are scoring in the 80s and 90s as trash, you seem to be on a different wavelength than most people, especially considering how much hype smash tends to generate in the community. So it's much less likely that they're going to impress you.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Leynos said:

Now that ladies and gentlemen what we call a hot take. A very bad one at that.

God forbid I don't worship everything Nintendo releases.

Neither do I. I'm not a Nintendo, Sony or MS guy. Just like games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

They've had plenty of directs that I thought were great. September 2019 just wasn't one of them.

*Shrugs* When you're referring to games that are scoring in the 80s and 90s as trash, you seem to be on a different wavelength than most people, especially considering how much hype smash tends to generate in the community. So it's much less likely that they're going to impress you.

Is there anyone among us who doesn't have a popular game or two that they don't particularly care for?

I'm not hard to please. I've said twice already that all it would take would be one or two far from unreasonable updates to satisfy me.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 20 July 2020

Leynos said:
curl-6 said:

God forbid I don't worship everything Nintendo releases.

Neither do I. I'm not a Nintendo, Sony or MS guy. Just like games.

So do I. Just not all games.

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

Is there anyone among us who doesn't have a popular game or two that they don't particularly care for?

I'm not hard to please. I've already said twice already that all it would take would be one or two updates to satisfy me.

There's a difference between not liking a game and referring to it as trash. Like... I really don't care for Skyrim but I definitely wouldn't call it trash. Because, objectively, there are a lot of things that are really good about the game and it's clearly well made. Same with GTA.

Part of what makes a game resonate with a person is subjective, but a big part of quality is subjective. You can not like Smash, but referring to it as trash definitely makes me question your judgment. 

At any rate what would make you happy is info about a niche franchise that essentially bombed in its last outing... and a port of a game that didn't seem to do all that great on Switch, and will almost certainly going to sell less than the port you didn't care about... So, again, your tastes are different than other Nintendo fans. Nothing wrong with that, but if you have unique tastes, a presentation geared towards the masses is less likely to satisfy you.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
curl-6 said:

I'm not hard to please. I've already said twice already that all it would take would be one or two updates to satisfy me.

There's a difference between not liking a game and referring to it as trash. Like... I really don't care for Skyrim but I definitely wouldn't call it trash. Because, objectively, there are a lot of things that are really good about the game and it's clearly well made. Same with GTA.

Part of what makes a game resonate with a person is subjective, but a big part of quality is subjective. You can not like Smash, but referring to it as trash definitely makes me question your judgment. 

At any rate what would make you happy is info about a niche franchise that essentially bombed in its last outing... and a port of a game that didn't seem to do all that great on Switch, and will almost certainly going to sell less than the port you didn't care about... So, again, your tastes are different than other Nintendo fans. Nothing wrong with that, but if you have unique tastes, a presentation geared towards the masses is less likely to satisfy you.

But Directs have satisfied me many times before. On the whole, more often than not.

I just didn't care for the September 2019 Direct. That's all.

Considering it says 'first in a series' I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic. it appears this is gonna be a regular thing!

Updates for Bravely Default II, Bayonetta 3, and especially a release date for DOOM Eternal (and also letting us know that the port is decent) and consider me satisfied.

Really strange that Nintendo still won't pull out their cards, as there are no games confirmed from them for the rest of the year.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
Updates for Bravely Default II, Bayonetta 3, and especially a release date for DOOM Eternal (and also letting us know that the port is decent) and consider me satisfied.

Really strange that Nintendo still won't pull out their cards, as there are no games confirmed from them for the rest of the year.

It's a pretty safe bet Doom Eternal will be a good port, Panic Button haven't failed us yet.

curl-6 said:
JWeinCom said:

But Directs have satisfied me many times before. On the whole, more often than not.

I just didn't care for the September 2019 Direct. That's all.

Well, alright. No use going back and forth over it.