Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LEGO NES Set Revealed

Quite expensive for a novelty that would wear off in a few minutes. I think I rather just hook up my real NES and play.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It would be so much cooler if they'd made it so that you "play" the analogue brick-based Mario on the "screen" instead of it auto-playing.
You could have different panels for different levels, even make your own. Missed opportunity.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

freebs2 said:
These are short sighted gimmicks compared to the actual cross over potential.
In other words: where are LEGO Mario games?

They'll probably be announced on the next Nintendo Direct. Lego does the Lego sets, Nintendo does the Games. Win Win.

freebs2 said:
These are short sighted gimmicks compared to the actual cross over potential.
In other words: where are LEGO Mario games?

Also this, a LEGO video game crossover collab sort of like Nintendo's Mario + Rabbids collab with Ubisoft would sell a boatload.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 15 July 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

S.Peelman said:
Hoe. Lee. S***.

Also, Zelda set when?

I don't know, but it's a great idea!!

Ultravolt said:

Yeah, I think this is a really cool idea! I like it much more than the regular Mario set. It's getting such a mixed response on Twitter, though. Mostly due to its price. I mean, why are people so surprised that Lego is expensive?!

Because people are idiots. =P

LivingMetal said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I'm not getting off to a piece of plastic. Do you know how many Lysol wipes that would need afterwards? And there's still the problem of someone bringing in the blue light.

That's why I can't get off to anything that's not the form of a consenting adult woman 18 years or older.

So that explains the shortage during the pandemic.  Good show, Watson!

You can't pin this one on me, motherfucker!!

DPsx7 said:
Slownenberg said:
I am very surprised by these responses. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay the cost of a video game system for a lego model of a video game system. Thats insane. Like literally you build it, set it on your shelf, and you're done with it. It's not even a toy you can play with, it's just a model that sits on your shelf and costs as much as a video game system. I would figure it would sell a few thousand copies to really hardcore gaming memorabilia collectors and that's it.

Now if it had a chipset you laid within the lego build and it actually played Nintendo games that'd be one thing, still way overpriced even with that but it'd be cool to have a working lego NES. But as a lego model that does nothing I can't fathom why this would cost more than a NES mini and why anyone would pay for it.

Fanboys like to joke about competitor systems sitting on a shelf collecting dust, but that is literally what this is, and costs the same as an actual video game system.

Lego has always been expensive. Look around at some of the other 'adult' sets. Starwars, Technic, Simpsons, these sets have thousands of pieces and cost a few hundred. I guess you can say you're paying for the experience of building it.

^THIS!!

Slownenberg said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You CAN play with it. Didn't you see the scrolling Mario Bros. gameplay that you can simulate on the little TV by turning the crank? Or how if you have the LEGO Mario set you can put the Mario LEGO figure on the TV for added sound effects?

Something tells me you didn't watch the trailer, you just went right to "It's just LEGO, hurr hurr!!".

I mean I guess if you call turning a crank "playing". You'd probably be the only one in the world though. hurr hurr

It's like if you said putting a disc into a PS4 is playing a ps4 and you're happy to spend several hundred dollars to play with putting a disc into a machine.

Like I said, it's a $250 lego model of a NES and TV that you can't even play with. It's an extremely expensive shelf filler.

You also forgot that you can even insert a LEGO NES cartridge into the system. How's that for "expensive shelf filler"?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
It would be so much cooler if they'd made it so that you "play" the analogue brick-based Mario on the "screen" instead of it auto-playing.
You could have different panels for different levels, even make your own. Missed opportunity.

You can obviously make those yourself if you have the bricks though, the mechanism stays the same, just build something else in it.

Slownenberg said:

(..) There's nothing to "do" with it. You unload $250 from your bank account, you build it, maybe you turn the crank for 5 minutes and say "oh cool", then it sits on your shelf gathering dust until you find some sucker to sell it to. (..)

Kind of like real consoles.

badum-tssss

S.Peelman said:
Slownenberg said:

(..) There's nothing to "do" with it. You unload $250 from your bank account, you build it, maybe you turn the crank for 5 minutes and say "oh cool", then it sits on your shelf gathering dust until you find some sucker to sell it to. (..)

Kind of like real consoles.

badum-tssss

Brilliant!! :D *fires Bullet Bills everywhere*

CaptainExplosion said:
S.Peelman said:
Hoe. Lee. S***.

Also, Zelda set when?

Ultravolt said:

Yeah, I think this is a really cool idea! I like it much more than the regular Mario set. It's getting such a mixed response on Twitter, though. Mostly due to its price. I mean, why are people so surprised that Lego is expensive?!

LivingMetal said:

So that explains the shortage during the pandemic.  Good show, Watson!

Watch you language... SON

LivingMetal said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Watch you language... SON

Well if that's how we're gonna refer to each other, to quote raging YouTube buffoon Arin Hanson, *revs chainsaw* YA DEAD, SON!!!!! *chainsaws through LivingMetal bottom to top*