By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LEGO NES Set Revealed

That NES set looks really good and might make me buy my first LEGO set in twenty years.

Around the Network

Not accurate at all.

Where's the Philco TV set where I used to play my NES?

Seriously though, it does look really cool.

That’s actually awesome and unexpected.

Now where is my Hyrule Castle set ?

I am very surprised by these responses. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay the cost of a video game system for a lego model of a video game system. Thats insane. Like literally you build it, set it on your shelf, and you're done with it. It's not even a toy you can play with, it's just a model that sits on your shelf and costs as much as a video game system. I would figure it would sell a few thousand copies to really hardcore gaming memorabilia collectors and that's it.

Now if it had a chipset you laid within the lego build and it actually played Nintendo games that'd be one thing, still way overpriced even with that but it'd be cool to have a working lego NES. But as a lego model that does nothing I can't fathom why this would cost more than a NES mini and why anyone would pay for it.

Fanboys like to joke about competitor systems sitting on a shelf collecting dust, but that is literally what this is, and costs the same as an actual video game system.

And I just got back into buying records... Still, too much for plastics.

Around the Network

There is an urge....slowly growing.....it wants me to throw money at the screen.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

CaptainExplosion said:
Slownenberg said:
I am very surprised by these responses. I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay the cost of a video game system for a lego model of a video game system. Thats insane. Like literally you build it, set it on your shelf, and you're done with it. It's not even a toy you can play with

You CAN play with it. Didn't you see the scrolling Mario Bros. gameplay that you can simulate on the little TV by turning the crank? Or how if you have the LEGO Mario set you can put the Mario LEGO figure on the TV for added sound effects?

Something tells me you didn't watch the trailer, you just went right to "It's just LEGO, hurr hurr!!".

Of course you can play it.  But you can also play with a tin can and a tomato stake.  But how often are you gonna sit there and stare at a mechanically looped scene for 23 straight minutes, much less finding someone who is willing to turn the crack while the orgasmic moisture soaks through your pants... Captain"Explosion."  :-p

Lego is so vastly overpriced.

CaptainExplosion said:
LivingMetal said:
And I just got back into buying records... Still, too much for plastics.

Maybe it'll get a discount around the Christmas season. :)

LivingMetal said:

Of course you can play it.  But you can also play with a tin can and a tomato stake.  But how often are you gonna sit there and stare at a mechanically looped scene for 23 straight minutes, much less finding someone who is willing to turn the crack while the orgasmic moisture soaks through your pants... Captain"Explosion."  :-p

Are you saying that all other toys are invalid because you can play with a tin can and a tomato stake? *puts a Metroid on your face until it drains your vital fluids*

No.  Just saying not everyone "gets off" the same way.

Hoe. Lee. S***.

Also, Zelda set when?