By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox July Showcase 2020 thread

ArchangelMadzz said:
Shinobi-san said:

Unfortunately it seems like Sony and MS are both in the same boat when it comes to showing off true next gen gameplay. So we looking at about an equal amount of gameplay in this show (maybe a tad more?) in comparison to the Sony show. Most of the other trailers were either in engine or pure cinematics.

We got the GT7 demo and the Ratchet and clank demo, 

I saw the Halo demo, was there another Demo in this conference?

None in that sense.

Will GT7 or R&C be playable this year?

Around the Network

Now I'm wondering wth happened to the slipsace engine graphics we were promised in '18...

And I must update my opinion about the textures after watching the non-stream version. They're pretty good. I think the main problem I had was the smoothness of the hexagon pillar cliff faces, but now I realize they're by design since it's an artificial world.

Not trying to pile on, but the pop-in in Halo is pretty noticeable in the 4k feed. Where's that SSD speed?

5.5/10

A truly mediocre showing from MS.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Shaunodon said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

We got the GT7 demo and the Ratchet and clank demo, 

I saw the Halo demo, was there another Demo in this conference?

None in that sense.

Will GT7 or R&C be playable this year?

Haha funnily enough the games we saw most of weren't announced to come out this year. Although there's rumours gt7 will but I doubt that. 

Some of the games coming out this year like deathloop and godfall etc got lots of gameplay shown in their trailers but not an actual demo, not even miles Morales which is coming out this year. 

I guess gt7 spoke for itself and ratchet they watched to show off the SSD.

Interesting that they only showed gameplay on 1 game though. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

I was convinced this Xbox Showcase was going to be amazing.  Xbox is lagging so far behind at this point, they needed to come out all guns blazing and I really thought that's what they would do.

They did not.

I'm gutted, because even though I'm a PS guy, I know that Sony are at their best when they have to work for it.  When Sony's number one spot of threatened they perform their at their best.

This Xbox show told me one thing, Microsoft is no where near ready for the next Generation.  the proof of this is the fact that everything outside of Halo was teasers and nothing had a date.  Look at Fable, they showed us nothing apart from confirmation that it was in development.  Forza was even spoken as "Very early work" in it's presentation segment.  These are 2022 release dates and we all know it.

With Sony;

• Spiderman was given a date of this year,
  • ratchet and clank had a gameplay demo,
  • Gran turismo had a Gameplay demo,
  • Sackboy showed off gameplay,
  • deathloop showed gameplay

With the exception of Psychonauts 2, nothing about the Xbox show looked interesting to me.  A teaser trailer for some game I've never heard of is not going to get me to consider jumping back on the platform again.  Plus even if I pretended that each trailer was 100% in game footage (which they were not) nothing looked next-gen to me.  There was nothing that looked even as good as games on the current gen hardware.

And that last sentence is a good TL'DR for my whole post.

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

shikamaru317 said:
TallSilhouette said:
Not trying to pile on, but the pop-in in Halo is pretty noticeable in the 4k feed. Where's that SSD speed?

It's starting to like the whole thing about SSD's fixing pop-in was a load of bunk. First we had GT7 with lots of pop-in on the Sony show, now Halo Infinite with lots of pop-in on the Xbox show.

In the case of GT7, it was (as far as I remember seeing) only shadow/lighting pop-ins. Which would fall exclusively under the GPU side of things, and not asset streaming.

Halo Infinite had assets popping in, but to be fair, they were pretty far and not all that many. That being said, I don't think people should expect every single graphical imperfections that have been around since the beginning of 3D graphics to go away completely by the start of the gen.

Last edited by Hynad - on 23 July 2020

On the positive side, Gamepass is gonna be even more fap worthy in the future.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Halo demo is 10/10

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Rare dev tits 10/10

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.