By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox July Showcase 2020 thread

Since Perfect Dark never made it. I'm assuming its aligned for Initiative Games.

5.5/10 nothing really interested me apart from Avowed and Stalker 2. Fable too but that looks to be years away. Complete lack of next gen gameplay showcase was just eh.

Around the Network

They showed a tonne of games, gameplay for several, full game demo of Halo, were clear about whats exclusive and announced a TONNE of games are free with Gamepass.

Some people came to this determined to be disappointed.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Avowed, Hellblade 2 & Fable were the highlights for me.

Seems like they are pretty far out considering all we got were short teasers.

Guess my streak of not buying xbox-consoles will continue

It was underwhelming because there were no bombs and thus no hype. Everything was predicted months ago: Everwild being BotW Xbox, Halo being Open World with Atriox as the new big bad (gg Cortana), Fable being the PG action game and trying to go for a FF aesthetic, Hellblade being awesome and Obsidian wanting to outTES TES and Bethesda. 

No blindsides whatsoever. Someone should tell Phil to drop a big boom next conference or delay the next until a whiplash triggering reveal happens. 

OTOH I really like the look of The Medium. I really want to play that one... also Stalker because I need me some Stalker. 

Around the Network

Good show and a lot to look forward to. Would have liked more gameplay though. 8/10.

twintail said:
Ended on a CG trailer of a leaked game?

Bravo.

A CG teaser of a leaked game.

FormerlyTeamSilent13 said:

This was a good presentation. They blew Sony out of the water imo. My expectations were low so I guess that explains why so many people are disappointed. 

They sure did.......

There is a lot of promise here. I would say I’m more intrigued by Microsoft’s lineup of games than I have been in a very long time. It was a lot of teasers though, will have to see more.

I’m still on the fence of whether to even get a next gen console as of now. I think Microsoft has a more interesting lineup than Sony at this point... but I’m not jumping in anytime soon if at all...

Honestly, I think the ability to cheat is probably more important than anything. It’s probably the biggest reason I get everything on the PS4 right now...

Halo Infinite gameplay was amazing. Avowed makes me so excited it’s pure Obsidian. Forza looked stunning. Wish I could have seen more of Fable and Ninja Theory blue balled me.

Otherwise I thought the show was great the reactions here are interesting.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.