By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch sales in Europe

I would like to see some update of Nintendo's numbers in France, where the company was supposed to be enjoying a significant growth.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

In Western Europe the Switch is juste a huge succes even better than the PS4

kazuyamishima said:
PS4 has almost 47 million units in Europe and Switch almost 16 millions, Am I missing something from OP??

Well the PS4 has also been out like 2-3 years longer than Switch so there's that.

javi741 said:

I'm hoping the Switch could gain a foothold in Eastern Europe eventually, cause that's the key region the Switch need to capitalize on it they want to sell over 120M units and compete with the PS4 in sales.

That and ROTW, yeah. Switch will win in North America and has already won in Japan, but it's the smaller/developing markets where it has room for improvement; these may not seem significant compared to the bigger markets but as PS4's Europe numbers demonstrate, they all add up.

Nintendos lack of presence in Eastern Euroupe reminds of SEGA in Australia and New Zealand and their lack of control there by using third parties for selling their hardware their.
Although Nintendo does work with a third party company in Scandanavia but they've worked with that company since the early 80s so it's a safe partnership.

Around the Network
Soren0079 said:
Nintendos lack of presence in Eastern Euroupe reminds of SEGA in Australia and New Zealand and their lack of control there by using third parties for selling their hardware their.
Although Nintendo does work with a third party company in Scandanavia but they've worked with that company since the early 80s so it's a safe partnership.

If u wanna know more about the Nintendo in Scandinavia and the whole history behind it - check this video. I think its very interesting. 

The Switch will catch up with a price cut but it doesnt need to sell has much as the PS4 to pass it WW. Switch will destroy the PS4 in japan, and will most likely beat it in NA as well (and some parts of europe).

They also seem to keep pushing it in China with the pokemon unite thing, its clearly a big move there. Japan will make all the difference on it's own tbh.

Nintendo has always been popular in the nordics, but Playstation even more so and it's not really close either.

I think that the Nintendo Switch will outsell the PS4 in France , UK,Spain , Germany and Switzerland

Oh yea I've read watched a lot about Nintendo in Scandanavia before. It's incredible.
I also recently read about the creation of the Game & Watch too, which is also quite the odd chain of events.