By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima - Review Thread (MC: 83 / OC: 85)

Tagged games:

DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

Looks like you'll be getting dub for sure. I found another site that vaguely said it will have subtitles in "many different languages" but failed to list any of them.

https://www.news1.news/en/2020/07/ghost-of-tsushima-will-be-voiced-in-italian-from-day-one-its-official.html

Most Sony 1st party have been well dubbed to Portuguese so that is a positive. Others like Persona doesn't even have a sub. Sega is really lazy on this, both Yakuza Series as Atlus have only at most 2 languages in dub and sub (japanese and english).

I read it wrong. It looks like Update 1.03 adds Portuguese subtitles, not dubs. But that's what you wanted, so score!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

I was captivated by the tight combat mechanics seen in the State of Play reveal (not the graphics or the environment). To me, it felt like FURI but with over the shoulder camera instead fixed camera angles, and I believe FURI is the best game released this generation. So I have been waiting for GoT reviews and it seems I was 100% correct with my assumptions, stoked! Sick of games that play themselves or have shitty combat, I couldn't bring myself to finish the Witcher or Ass creed because of their laughable combat mechanics and how mind numbingly easy they are to play , where is the challenge?

GoT is a definite buy for me.... if it releases on PC or if I buy a PS5 (Sony will release all of their 2020 line-up on the PS5 certainly).

From what I'm hearing, the Ps5 will be almost entirely backwards compatible with Ps4 games. Not sure if PS4 games are gonna get a 4K upgrade, though. I hope so, since I'm holding off on my 2nd playthrough of Red Dead Redemption 2 as well as first playthroughs of Last of Us 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man for my new 4K TV

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

COKTOE said:
DonFerrari said:

Most Sony 1st party have been well dubbed to Portuguese so that is a positive. Others like Persona doesn't even have a sub. Sega is really lazy on this, both Yakuza Series as Atlus have only at most 2 languages in dub and sub (japanese and english).

I read it wrong. It looks like Update 1.03 adds Portuguese subtitles, not dubs. But that's what you wanted, so score!

Yup. Would be good to have it dubbed so my son could enjoy watching me play, but well jap dub and port sub is enough.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Runa216 said:
LurkerJ said:

I was captivated by the tight combat mechanics seen in the State of Play reveal (not the graphics or the environment). To me, it felt like FURI but with over the shoulder camera instead fixed camera angles, and I believe FURI is the best game released this generation. So I have been waiting for GoT reviews and it seems I was 100% correct with my assumptions, stoked! Sick of games that play themselves or have shitty combat, I couldn't bring myself to finish the Witcher or Ass creed because of their laughable combat mechanics and how mind numbingly easy they are to play , where is the challenge?

GoT is a definite buy for me.... if it releases on PC or if I buy a PS5 (Sony will release all of their 2020 line-up on the PS5 certainly).

From what I'm hearing, the Ps5 will be almost entirely backwards compatible with Ps4 games. Not sure if PS4 games are gonna get a 4K upgrade, though. I hope so, since I'm holding off on my 2nd playthrough of Red Dead Redemption 2 as well as first playthroughs of Last of Us 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Spider-Man for my new 4K TV

From Cerny presentation and some Sony speaks the compatibility mode (BC) will give 4k60fps for most titles without need of patch. But sure for better quality we depend on devs.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

John2290 said:
JRPGfan said:
Metacritic review scores are tough on sony it feels like... maybe its because TLoU -2 just came out not long ago.... still this game shouldnt be getting any 6/10's.

Only a few in particular, like Stevivor and the tabloids seem to hold negative bias against Sony but I don't see any harshness here, it reviewed very well. TLoU2, now that's a fucking anomaly I'll never understand as to how it came out the gate above 95 with so many 10's, weirdest situation on aggregates I've seen yet, a month on and I still can't figure it out or have given up on trying to understand the reasons behind it.

I think a lot of the 10's for TLoU2 are pretty baffling. I mean, it's a great game, but not BotW or God of War levels of near perfection.

Qwark said:

So its kind of a decent game, oh well so is the studio. Because for any AAA exclusive game a 84 score isn't worthy of singing home about. 

lol Wut?

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
COKTOE said:

Didn't know it had the Japanese track included, but it's not surprising. I will likely play in Japanese as well, even though I'm getting a bit burnt out with the Japanese language/English sub combo.

Looks like my streak of correct meta-score predictions ends at 1.

hope it have portuguese sub, perhaps even dub

Why would you do it?

DonFerrari said:
Runa216 said:

From Cerny presentation and some Sony speaks the compatibility mode (BC) will give 4k60fps for most titles without need of patch. But sure for better quality we depend on devs.

I'm sure the PS5 will be powerful enough to run PS4 games at 4k60, but I'd be greatly surprised if it could run games locked to 1080p30 at such without patches for those games. Dynamic resolutions and unlocked/unstable frame rates should be topped up nicely, though.

ARamdomGamer said:
Another Sony exclusive oppressed by the critics.

This is such a funny comment,now lets victimize ourselves as Sonyfans and take the streets!

And i was spot on with the 84 score!

Just keep posting the same score on all predictions and you will eventually be right once :P

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 15 July 2020

Just a couple of days to put my 0/10 on metacritic just like I did with TLOU2 without playing it.

My fingers are ready!!

twintail said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm pretty sure that's not what they said.,but rather that Boost mode will allow this.

I imagine it is game dependant and the results will vary a lot.

But I'm more than willing to be proven wrong of course. 4k60 being possible for most games would of course be fantastic. 

Games already struggle to run at 1080 30fps so I really doubt they would be able to run at 4k 60fps.

I really wish they were, but time and time again I have been proven right that developers dont care about performance. 

Also consoles, save very rare situations, do not allow for tweaks in settings to make it run better. This is why unfortunately I'm thinking about building a pc.