Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware June 28 to July 4 - Switch Sells Over 300,000 Units

Marth said:
Dyotropic said:
Nintendo's financial reports say they expect to sell 20 million switches this fiscal year (Apr 2020 to Apr 2021)

19m actually and they can always revise their forcast.

They have done that in the past few years as well. In both directions.

They absolutely will and from several millions i think. 

But yea, Switch still above 300k in July without big releases is huge.

Around the Network
xMetroid said:
Marth said:

19m actually and they can always revise their forcast.

They have done that in the past few years as well. In both directions.

They absolutely will and from several millions i think. 

But yea, Switch still above 300k in July without big releases is huge.

There were reports of Nintendo ordering 10% for Switch consoles from the manufacturers earlier this year. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
trunkswd said:

What type of revision can they do at this point? If they redesign the main Switch unit, the dock would most likely need a redesign as well. Maybe a version without a screen, so it is just a regular home console? 

Update the internal hardware. For instance a more modern Tegra SoC, or simply a bigger storage space, each for the same price as the current model while that one gets a bit cheaper.

The other version I'm waiting for is a Switch phone...

I doubt we will ever see a Switch phone revision. Nintendo isn't big on multimedia features, especially not with the Switch. It doesn't even have a web browser.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I think Nintendo should make a Home Console version with more internal storage to help push their digital sales (would still have a cartridge slot for physical games though).

But honestly, what I would work on is getting a console only version for $99 (minimal internal storage for example) because something like that would sell like crazy to get access to their amazing library of games.

Last edited by scottslater - on 11 July 2020

Nintendo with the Switch:

scottslater said:

I think Nintendo should make a Home Console version with more internal storage to help push their digital sales (would still have a cartridge slot for physical games though).

But honestly, what I would work on is getting a console only version for $99 (minimal internal storage for example) because something like that would sell like crazy to get access to their amazing library of games.

While I definitely think they should make a TV variant, I'd say $199 instead of $99. You don't want to be too cheap or you risk devaluing your product.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
Dyotropic said:
trunkswd said:

What type of revision can they do at this point? If they redesign the main Switch unit, the dock would most likely need a redesign as well. Maybe a version without a screen, so it is just a regular home console? 

A TV only switch priced at 199 would sell like crazy. I paid 299 for my switch and have only played it in docked mode. 

Same! 

Otter said:
Dyotropic said:

A TV only switch priced at 199 would sell like crazy. I paid 299 for my switch and have only played it in docked mode. 

Same! 

Me three. I never take mine out of the dock, its basically a home console to me.

I'd wager there's plenty of people out there who are interested in Nintendo's games but aren't interested in portable play.

Has Nintendo already shared the Q1 Financial Result date?

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

AlbiNecroxz said:
Has Nintendo already shared the Q1 Financial Result date?

6th of August

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon thread

Chicho said:
curl-6 said:

Care to elaborate?

"Is disgusting" is just another way of saying "is a monster" or "is a beast" there is nothing to elaborate. It is just a figure of speech. 

Kind of like, those figures are sick. The illest of the ill.

But to update it to something original, you’d say something like those sales figures are repulsive.

Nintendo Switch is spittin staph! 

Nintendo Switch is burstin green puss like advanced bubonic plague! Or just “burstin’” for short.

Switch is burstin!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.