Forums - Sony Discussion - Angry Joe reviews The Last of Us 2

Angry Joe is not a journalist, so his score 6/10 shouldn't be taken for granted however he does bring up good points. Joe is a gamer and speaks outside the circle jerk of reviewers so just like the DreamCast Guy (7/10) who also loved the 1st game, he was also no fan of the sequel. Add Jim Sterling to that list as well. Anyway, the game was enjoyable, just don't go in expecting an amazing story.

Around the Network

Could not take his review seriously. He talks about no emotions and disconnected. Since the leaks and what happens to joel, he mentally could not deal with what followed. Part of me thinks his mind was distracted because of what has been going on in his personal life dramas. But his review and justification is a joke.

Accept it Naughty dog fanboys, your favorite developer was invaded by SJW's to push their far left ideology and they destroyed the series.

User moderated - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 02 July 2020

Metroid33slayer said:
Accept it Naughty dog fanboys, your favorite developer was invaded by SJW's to push their far left ideology and they destroyed the series.

There are no agendas or ideologies in the game you fool, and you clearly haven't played the first. 

Metroid33slayer said:

That is not the issue with the game at all. The atrocious pacing, bizzare character choices, contrived storytelling, coincidences and poor character development are among the main issues the game has.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Could not take his review seriously. He talks about no emotions and disconnected. Since the leaks and what happens to joel, he mentally could not deal with what followed. Part of me thinks his mind was distracted because of what has been going on in his personal life dramas. But his review and justification is a joke.

So you're saying we shouldn't trust his judgement because he's had to deal with false sexual assault allegations? This is a new low people.

Bonzinga said:

Angry Joe is not a journalist, so his score 6/10 shouldn't be taken for granted however he does bring up good points. Joe is a gamer and speaks outside the circle jerk of reviewers so just like the DreamCast Guy (7/10) who also loved the 1st game, he was also no fan of the sequel. Add Jim Sterling to that list as well. Anyway, the game was enjoyable, just don't go in expecting an amazing story.

I'll also throw in ACG giving it a 'wait for sale', Yahtzee just recently ripping it a new a-hole, and a couple people I never watched like Skill Up and Upper Echelon Games who gave some really good critiques from what I could tell (avoiding spoilers).

It's more than just a few outliers here. Reviews post-launch from both critics and online personalities have been far more mixed than they'd have us believe.

Streamer/Youtuber does not agree with my view on the game: "who cares about this guy/its been ages he or she was relevant/youtubers are not worthy as they are only after clicks/insert here another reason"

I hope we get an update again when this eventually reaches over 15m sales like the other naughty dog games.

I just love to keep seeing the internet breaking inside to see a game they hate so much keeps succeeding while they keep searching for a collection 7 and 6 scores from blogs and YouTube to patch up their broken hearts and get through the day.

I agree with a lot he says,some of you guys care way too much about an opinion that is not the same as yours.

It is a bit pitiful to break down his character for it,and imo hes a better journalist then most of the other ''critics''.

Surprising considering how much of a fanboy he usually is.