By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Angry Joe reviews The Last of Us 2

I disagree with him completely. He was clearly played like a fiddle by Naughty Dog and gave up on the story because it wasnt linear and didnt have a typical streamline revenge story.

If this is how hes going to behave, you're never going to get nuanced scripts unless a director is very brave.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 02 July 2020

Around the Network

Forgot he was a thing. Can't remember the last video of his I actually watched.

d21lewis said:

*Edit* it was DBZ Kakarot. Couldn't get past the cringy intro.

*Edit* that wasn't an edit at all! 😲

d21lewis said:
d21lewis said:

*Edit* it was DBZ Kakarot. Couldn't get past the cringy intro.

*Edit* that wasn't an edit at all! 😲

I accidentally quote myself instead of editing all the time.

I'll give it a watch, but I've never been a big fan if his review style.

Around the Network

How is this relevant??

Who cares about Angry Joe? Wouldn't have expected anything else from the guy as it's the perfect game for him to talk shit about and try and get some views. After the leaks I was also a bit worried that Druckman would have gone nuts on us. But after finishing it, I'm glad that all the controversy was blown way out of proportion and ND delivered another masterpiece and imo, their best game yet.

Just finished watching and I don't agree with everything he said but he still had a lot of good points to make. I wish he would stop doing skits in his reviews.

goopy20 said:

Who cares about Angry Joe? Wouldn't have expected anything else from the guy as it's the perfect game for him to talk shit about and try and get some views. After the leaks I was also a bit worried that Druckman would have gone nuts on us. But after finishing it, I'm glad that all the controversy was blown way out of proportion and ND delivered another masterpiece and imo, their best game yet.

I guess his over 3 million subscribers care what he thinks.

Angry Joe is not a journalist, so his score 6/10 shouldn't be taken for granted however he does bring up good points. Joe is a gamer and speaks outside the circle jerk of reviewers so just like the DreamCast Guy (7/10) who also loved the 1st game, he was also no fan of the sequel. Add Jim Sterling to that list as well. Anyway, the game was enjoyable, just don't go in expecting an amazing story.