By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Animal Crossing: New Horizons exceeds 5 million physical sales in Japan

According to a report by Famitsu, Animal Crossing: New Horizons has sold over 5 million physical copies in Japan. This number does not include digital sales. This puts Animal Crossing: New Horizons in Japan’s top 10 best selling games of all time. This milestone has been reached in under 4 months since the game’s release on March 20.

Source 1, Source 2

Last edited by Shikamo - on 01 July 2020

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Madness.

I wonder how high this game will go.

I'm going out on a limb and say at least 5.1 million. If any analyst company wants to hire me, my inbox is open.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

Absolutely insane. And this is without Digital and it's showing no signs of slowing down.

Yeah, this game will do 10 million in Japan LT, that's pretty mucha given now. Wonder how high it can climb. Congrats AC :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Animal Crossing is selling at an amazing rate. The real question is how much has it sold when you also include digital copies? I'll be very interested in Nintendo's next financial report to see the total. Their last report only included 12 days worth of sales.

It will easy become the biggest game ever in Japan by the end of the year.
With digital should be around ~6.5mln right now, by the end of the year could be close to 9 million.

I personally don't understand the appeal of this game, but for those who are enjoying it, I am happy it's doing well!

Absolute monster. Will most definitely be top seller of the year in Japan and most likely worldwide as well.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

More like Beast Crossing :P

Would not be shocking if it becomes the best selling game ever in Japan.