By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - TLOU2 Was UK's Best-Selling Game in June, Outsold Rest of Top 10 Combined

brute said:
MasonADC said:

80%

How does that compare to other Friday releases? Seems steep?

I believe our beloved @trunkswd said the first game had a nearly identical 2nd week drop if that helps at all.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:

I believe our beloved @trunkswd said the first game had a nearly identical 2nd week drop if that helps at all.

Uncharted 4 dropped 78% in its second week.

Theeenks.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

MasonADC said:
brute said:
Any word on the drop?

80%

oof thats a lot

Pocky Lover Boy! 

trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:

Uncharted 4 dropped 78% in its second week.

Thanks. So similar range but Uncharted was a Tuesday release.

A Friday release comparison would be nice. I believe God of War released on a Friday.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

trunkswd said:
COKTOE said:

Theeenks.

No problem. Our tweet on the UK drop blew up a bit with all the haters saying the game is like The Last Jedi. We shall see in the coming months how sales continue. They might have dropped 80%, but it remained at number one. 

Although TLOU 2 has a significantly higher install base to sell to than the TLOU did, and it will be a commercial hit, my feeling is that it won't have the legs the original did. I say this because I really do get the impression that a higher than normal number of people dislike, or even hate the story. At the very least, I don't want to undersell the backlash from fans of the original, nor legit criticism from new players. I always watch Jim Sterling, but I still haven't fully watched the Jimpression, because I know the content within will represent total spoiler ruination. Before the spoiler warning however, he left little doubt to which general direction he was going to go.

I won't lie. What I have heard scares the s*** out of me.

I say this without too much conviction, because it's basically impossible to have one's finger on the pulse of millions of players. It's all still conjecture at this point. Like you say though, we shall see. It's going to be very interesting to see how this unfolds.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
MasonADC said:

80%

oof thats a lot

That's actually pretty typical for 2nd week in the UK but speaks volumes for the amount it sold to retain number 1.  Even looking at XCDE earlier this month went from number 1 to number 28 in it's second week..

CGI-Quality said:
Jranation said:

oof thats a lot

No. As explained, it is typical. 

Can't it be both typical and a lot?

Well, legs, of course, won't be the same for one simple reason: it opened WAY above the first entry. This is absolutely the norm in the industry, and pretty much in-line with every successful sequel ever released.
OT: Nice to see the first one up there. I absolutly adored that game

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

CGI-Quality said:
Jranation said:

oof thats a lot

No. As explained, it is typical. 

No, it's not typical. It's a sign of the bad word of mouth. Next week we'll see a 120% drop as people rush to stores to get refunds.

Signature goes here!

Great game and with enough pulling power to bump the original for people that want to savor it before playing TLOU2.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."