By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox One?

Which is better?

Original Xbox 39 69.64%

Xbox One 17 30.36%

Total:56
curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Right, OG Xbox had a solid library. I generally played ports on it as well. The content it was getting exclusively, like PC games, really appealed to me as well.

Yet I also think its fair to say the Xbox One library is more robust, more notable titles and it even trounces OG Xbox in some of its best genres.

I guess that just brings us back to a simple difference in our personal assessment, namely my position of OG Xbox having killer exclusives and Xbone lacking them, and those older games being available via back compat not being comparable to fresh new games in my opinion.

If the question was which had more ground breaking exclusives, I might say OG Xbox.

If you ask me which is the better platform, I look at the entire library. I am saying Xbox One because it has significantly more notable content in more genres.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I like the Xbox One more. I've owned both but I've used my Xbox One way more than the original Xbox even though I'm far busier now than I was 15 years ago.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
I like the Xbox One more. I've owned both but I've used my Xbox One way more than the original Xbox even though I'm far busier now than I was 15 years ago.

Ditto. OG Xbox had some pretty impressive exclusives at the time and notable multiplats. But the number of notable titles it has is a fraction of Xbox One.

My physical OG Xbox collection is fairly small because the number games it has that I care about wasn't very  big.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

I guess that just brings us back to a simple difference in our personal assessment, namely my position of OG Xbox having killer exclusives and Xbone lacking them, and those older games being available via back compat not being comparable to fresh new games in my opinion.

If the question was which had more ground breaking exclusives, I might say OG Xbox.

If you ask me which is the better platform, I look at the entire library. I am saying Xbox One because it has significantly more notable content in more genres.

I'm also looking at the whole library, and while Xbox One definitely has more content, I still feel the original Xbox having top tier exclusives outweighs that.

Mr Puggsly said:

At what point do you just acknowledge we have different perspectives?

I could ask you the same question... Because it was you who originally took issue with my personal views and my personal opinions and other perspectives on this particular topic and initiated engagement and not the other way around.

Mr Puggsly said:

Library vs library and quantity of notable titles, I feel Xbox One easily takes it.

I still fire up my OG Xbox 19 years later because it still has titles I cannot play on the Xbox One.

In 19 years time, will I be saying the same thing about the Xbox One? Nope. - The Xbox Series X will run all of the Xbox One's software library, so I will likely sell the Xbox One off and never use one again.

Even the Xbox 360 can run more Original Xbox games than the Xbox One, even if the quality is a little hit or miss.

I feel as a console, once the Xbox Series X releases, the Xbox One is going to be the most irrelevant piece of Xbox hardware Microsoft has ever produced.

Mr Puggsly said:

If you wanted to argue which platform had more groundbreaking titles, I would lean OG Xbox. Bear in mind I am a person that has called this era gen 7.5.

Great.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Xbox One objectively has more variety and more games.

OG Xbox has far more distinction with exclusive and far more groundbreaking titles, popularizing online shooters and bringing western RPGs to consoles. It was also a technical beast.

For me OG Xbox by a mile !
Halo 1/2, Fable, KOTR 1/2, Jet Set Radio Future, Jade Empire <3

Meanwhile I haven't bought a single game for my brothers Xbox One. Still to this day Masterchief Collection and Ori are the only things I want that I can't get on Playstation. Tried getting into Halo 5 but no luck, especially with no local multiplayer.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm also looking at the whole library, and while Xbox One definitely has more content, I still feel the original Xbox having top tier exclusives outweighs that.

Xbox One doesen't just have more content, it has significantly more notable games.

We don't have to ultimately agree, but that fact shouldn't be ignored.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
curl-6 said:

Xbox One doesen't just have more content, it has significantly more notable games.

I still feel a smaller number of top tier games outweigh a larger number of merely notable ones. Also, that exclusives matter.

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I still feel a smaller number of top tier games outweigh a larger number of merely notable ones. Also, that exclusives matter.

Breath of the Wild alone trumps a large chunk of the Xbox One's game library, that singular game is worth buying a Switch for, the sales and critical reception is evident of that.

Halo 3 was the same, that single game was worth buying an Xbox 360 for, it was the most played online game for an insanely long time before it got dethroned by Call of Duty.

Exclusives absolutely matter... It was thanks to Fable and Halo that brought me to the Original Xbox, Halo 2 kept me there, Halo 3, Gears of War and Fable 2 is what got me onboard and excited for the Xbox 360.

That same fervor just hasn't happened for the Xbox One for me. - That isn't to say it hasn't had good games... Ori and the will of the wisps was an absolute gem this generation, but that is also available on other platforms...

Titles like Halo 5, Halo Wars 2 missed the mark sadly in putting the Xbox One on the map.

In saying that, I am very excited in Everwild, Hellblade 2, Halo Infinite for the series X, hopefully they bring the gaming goods, Microsoft needs some big hitters.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

At what point do you just acknowledge we have different perspectives?

I could ask you the same question... Because it was you who originally took issue with my personal views and my personal opinions and other perspectives on this particular topic and initiated engagement and not the other way around.

Mr Puggsly said:

Library vs library and quantity of notable titles, I feel Xbox One easily takes it.

I still fire up my OG Xbox 19 years later because it still has titles I cannot play on the Xbox One.

In 19 years time, will I be saying the same thing about the Xbox One? Nope. - The Xbox Series X will run all of the Xbox One's software library, so I will likely sell the Xbox One off and never use one again.

Even the Xbox 360 can run more Original Xbox games than the Xbox One, even if the quality is a little hit or miss.

I feel as a console, once the Xbox Series X releases, the Xbox One is going to be the most irrelevant piece of Xbox hardware Microsoft has ever produced.

Mr Puggsly said:

If you wanted to argue which platform had more groundbreaking titles, I would lean OG Xbox. Bear in mind I am a person that has called this era gen 7.5.

Great.

Actually my first post to you was all fact. So that stuff we have to agree.

Xbox One is seemingly going to become useless when Series X comes out, at least to the people that buy a Series X. It will be years before many upgrade to 9th gen. Xbox One has a strong library on its own. Series X supporting virtually every game doesn't change that.

With your logic you will get rid of your PS4 as well. Which is good, less hardware taking space. Ideally we wouldn't need OG Xbox or 360 hardware. Its more like we're stuck with them to access certain content. That doesn't make them better consoles though.

Would the masses rather have 100% BC of OG Xbox or Xbox One on Series X? The answer is too obvious because Xbox One has a better library.

In a perfect world MS would give us emulators that run every OG Xbox and 360 game. Then we could get rid of that old hardware.

Recently Completed