By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Original Xbox or Xbox One?

Which is better?

Original Xbox 39 69.64%

Xbox One 17 30.36%

Total:56

Even if you remove the first party titles and backwards compatible games the X1 has a vastly superior software lineup then the original Xbox just to prove my point I'm going to list some of the good and great 3rd party games you can play on the X1. You can play almost all the Assassins Creed games, the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy, Project Cars 1,2 and soon 3, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, 10X, 12, 15 and maybe eventually 14 also, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, and soon Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 7, all the mainline Resident Evil games and the two RE revelations games, Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, Tekken 7, Dead or Alive 6, Mortal Kombat X and 11, The Crew 1 and 2, The Witcher 3, all the Kingdom Hearts games, all the mainline Dead Rising games, Shenmue 1 and 2, vastly superior NBA 2K, Madden, FIFA and NHL games, Doom, Doom Eternal, Dirt Rally, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Dirt 4, all the Telltale games, Wreckfest, Farcry 3, 4 and 5, all the Borderlands games, all the Devil May cry games, Metal Gear Solid V, Burnout Paradise. I could list a lot more better known and lesser know third party titles but I proofed my point. The original X box was decent but it was nowhere near as good as the 360 or X1. It barely got supported with software for four years and thanks to a bad business deal between NVIDIA it was out of production before the 360 hit the store and Microsoft pretty much stop supporting it before the 360 arrived already.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Even if you remove the first party titles and backwards compatible games the X1 has a vastly superior software lineup then the original Xbox just to prove my point I'm going to list some of the good and great 3rd party games you can play on the X1. You can play almost all the Assassins Creed games, the Tomb Raider reboot trilogy, Project Cars 1,2 and soon 3, Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10, 10X, 12, 15 and maybe eventually 14 also, Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami, and soon Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza 7, all the mainline Resident Evil games and the two RE revelations games, Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, Tekken 7, Dead or Alive 6, Mortal Kombat X and 11, The Crew 1 and 2, The Witcher 3, all the Kingdom Hearts games, all the mainline Dead Rising games, Shenmue 1 and 2, vastly superior NBA 2K, Madden, FIFA and NHL games, Doom, Doom Eternal, Dirt Rally, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Dirt 4, all the Telltale games, Wreckfest, Farcry 3, 4 and 5, all the Borderlands games, all the Devil May cry games, Metal Gear Solid V, Burnout Paradise. I could list a lot more better known and lesser know third party titles but I proofed my point. The original X box was decent but it was nowhere near as good as the 360 or X1. It barely got supported with software for four years and thanks to a bad business deal between NVIDIA it was out of production before the 360 hit the store and Microsoft pretty much stop supporting it before the 360 arrived already.

I would personally trade every single game in that list for Fable, Halo and Morrowind, I am not to fussed about quantity. (I mean, I own pretty much every game you listed anyway.)
A few amazing games definitely trumps a few dozen good games, the Nintendo 64 isn't one of my favorite consoles because it has 50x good games, but it does have a couple of my absolute favorite games which I think are amazing.

Knights of the Old Republic, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, Conker: Live and Reloaded, Jet Set Radio, Jade Empire, Crimson Skies, Beyond Good and Evil, Riddick, Doom, Half Life, FarCry, Splinter Cell, Blinx, Brothers in Arms, Ninja Gaidan, Gauntlet, Baldurs Gate was just icing on the cake for the OG Xbox, the OG Xbox didn't really have your typical yearly re-released games based on an established selling formula.

Sports games that get re-released on a yearly cadence and typically end up in the bargain bin after a few years for like $2 isn't a big selling point for me... Personal taste and all that though.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Chris Hu said:

Not a single thing listed interests me I don't already own on another platform like PS4, PS1, Switch, Dreamcast or OG Xbox which I all have. The ones I don't own listed I have the option to get them on PS4 or something else but don't own them as I have no desire to.

In fact, I have not seen a single game on XBO I rather have over Jet Set Radio Future let alone everything else I love on OG Xbox.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The X1 is miles better in every way no matter how you look at it. It slaughters the original X Box in pretty much every category. The only thing that is better about the original X Box is that its easily modable. Due to its short lifespan and support its barely better then the Dreamcast in that generation and the Dreamast only got supported for two years which is half as long as the original X Box.

Leynos said:
Chris Hu said:

Not a single thing listed interests me I don't already own on another platform like PS4, PS1, Switch, Dreamcast or OG Xbox which I all have. The ones I don't own listed I have the option to get them on PS4 or something else but don't own them as I have no desire to.

In fact, I have not seen a single game on XBO I rather have over Jet Set Radio Future let alone everything else I love on OG Xbox.

My point flew right over your head or are you just intentionally being thick headed just by having those games available to play the X1 is vastly superior to the original X Box.  Not mention that that X1 is pretty much better in everything else besides available games also.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Leynos said:

My point flew right over your head or are you just intentionally being thick headed just by having those games available to play the X1 is vastly superior to the original X Box.  Not mention that that X1 is pretty much better in everything else besides available games also.

Oh, I got your point and disagree. Your post showed me every reason why OG Xbox is better. More compelling unique experiences I could not get elsewhere at the time. XBO never once offered that. XBO always said eh just get it on PS4 or PC instead. Can't be better if it offers nothing unique to it.

Last edited by Leynos - on 12 July 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Pemalite said:
Chris Hu said:

I would personally trade every single game in that list for Fable, Halo and Morrowind, I am not to fussed about quantity. (I mean, I own pretty much every game you listed anyway.)
A few amazing games definitely trumps a few dozen good games, the Nintendo 64 isn't one of my favorite consoles because it has 50x good games, but it does have a couple of my absolute favorite games which I think are amazing.

Knights of the Old Republic, Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis, Conker: Live and Reloaded, Jet Set Radio, Jade Empire, Crimson Skies, Beyond Good and Evil, Riddick, Doom, Half Life, FarCry, Splinter Cell, Blinx, Brothers in Arms, Ninja Gaidan, Gauntlet, Baldurs Gate was just icing on the cake for the OG Xbox, the OG Xbox didn't really have your typical yearly re-released games based on an established selling formula.

Sports games that get re-released on a yearly cadence and typically end up in the bargain bin after a few years for like $2 isn't a big selling point for me... Personal taste and all that though.

I could have listed a whole bunch of more titles like Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefield 1, etc. etc.  The X1 beats the original X Box in quality and quantity no matter how you look at it as it easly should since it will get supported over twice as long.  The original X Box is barely better then the Dreamcast when it comes to consoles from that generation and it only got supported for two years.

Leynos said:
Chris Hu said:

Oh, I got your point and disagree. Your post showed me every reason why OG Xbox is better. More compelling unique experiences I could not get elsewhere at the time. XBO never once offered that. XBO always said eh just get it on PS4 or PC instead. Can't be better if it offers nothing unique to it.

Well I guess you like living in a Dreamworld of alternative facts in the real world the X1 is vastly superior then the original X Box no matter how you look at it.  Also every console is unique in its own way so again you just international like being thick headed.

Another vote for the original xbox. Absolutely fantastic range of software with many amazing playable titles. I like my Xbox One but no comparison for me.

I'm a little tired with modern gaming, the same stuff getting recycled with improved graphics and many multiplayer games which I'm not really into. It's a bit like the movie business with a huge amount of comic book films which I'm really tired of preferring original science fiction. So I just feel its a bit like music where some people prefer 80s or 90s etc, all valid choices. The original xbox was just an era of games I enjoyed more and it was the best console for pulling off those games with decent graphics and sound.

sales2099 said:
Xbox One. Xbox was out for only 4 years there was only so much games that could release in that time. This gen wasn’t the best for Xbox but the multiplats alone elevate it above. Plus Game Pass is a game changer.

This is the correct answer.  People that disagree are being irrational and need to take of their nostalgia glasses.